Welcome Aboard Yoann Arquin

TC7

A Ted McMinnesque type player who sometimes doesn,t know what he,s doing himself , works hard and is often the loan striker , but has a bit of muscle about him and will be hard to play against , and who also might create the spaces for our midfielders to get scoring chances , thinking he,s the type of player who might respond from the crowd getting behind him , Good Luck Yoann

Always looked a bit moody whenever I've seen him.

Strong and looks like he will get some goals, but we will need to give him some service.

I just hope to see a striker that stays in the box looking for scraps, I'm fed up with hard working strikers that want to come out wide looking for the ball, stay where you are big man !!

Any player who has rag-dolled jim Goodwin must have a bit about him.

I'm also glad that Teale has been able to make a signing - seems only fair regardless of whether we think he is the right man for the gig going forward.

Welcome to the best (only going through a temporary crisis) club in the world, Yoann.

Strong and looks like he will get some goals, but we will need to give him some service.

I just hope to see a striker that stays in the box looking for scraps, I'm fed up with hard working strikers that want to come out wide looking for the ball, stay where you are big man !!

Due to the lack of service we normally provide our strikers might be the reason why they do most of their work outside the box without that workrate we normally tag them as lazy. Strikers should only be judge with the amount chance we provide them with just hope we do that on Sat and the big man can put one away.

Good luck and welcome onboard Yoann

Need decent wide men for that

The assessment of a County fan who posts on P&B (and seems to have his head screwed on, though its all relative over there):

"Strong, tall, fast, skillful. Great at pressing defenders when he wants. For most of the five months he played last season, I thought he was going to be the centre forward County had always wanted.

But he's also moody, inconsistent, prone to going AWOL (both during games and literally).

One moment he looks terrific, the next he tries a flick that needlessly gives the ball away when a simple 10 yard pass was on.

He's brushed off Jim Goodwin a couple of times leading to goals. He wins a lot in the air, even when playing at his worst.

He's pretty terrible at finishing 1v1 with the goalkeeper. I can think of four such chances he's wasted this season off the top of my head.

He'll do well at the start while the attention is on him, which makes me fearful of Saturday"

The assessment of a County fan who posts on P&B (and seems to have his head screwed on, though its all relative over there):

"Strong, tall, fast, skillful. Great at pressing defenders when he wants. For most of the five months he played last season, I thought he was going to be the centre forward County had always wanted.

But he's also moody, inconsistent, prone to going AWOL (both during games and literally).

One moment he looks terrific, the next he tries a flick that needlessly gives the ball away when a simple 10 yard pass was on.

He's brushed off Jim Goodwin a couple of times leading to goals. He wins a lot in the air, even when playing at his worst.

He's pretty terrible at finishing 1v1 with the goalkeeper. I can think of four such chances he's wasted this season off the top of my head.

He'll do well at the start while the attention is on him, which makes me fearful of Saturday"

I like that!

Yet another slim thread upon which to hang Buddies' slender hopes... :)

One thing we do know is that this guy has featured and scored (albeit a limited number) at this level.

I'm willing to give him a chance, as I reckon we all should be. As others have indicated, he really can't be any worse than what we have/have had in recent months. Even someone who provides a bit of presence up top will be preferable to McLean trying to pick at scraps while subject to the attention of three defenders. If he can drag players out of position and proves to be a bit of a handful as anticipated, then he'll bring something to the squad during the run-in.

Also worth bearing in mind that this is a short term deal and he should be looking to put himself in the shop window to a degree so will hopefully apply himself to the job in hand.