Alan Gow Training With Us.

The priority should be finding someone who is able bodied at both centre half and right back. If Naismith gets suspended or injured, who are we going to play there?

Agree totally - I thought Thomas the Austrian Pieman was able to cover a few positions at the back. That'd be my priority as it's pretty certain we'll lose one of our starting 4 at some point between now and the end of the season.

Over the last few games our best area of the team has been MacAusland and Goodwin, yet continually we get this assertion that all our problems will be solved if we sign a decent centre half. If you analyse our season, our biggest "offenders" in defence have been Naismith and Kelly, the same as Saturday. The only difference on Saturday was our midfield and forwards were crap as well as Naismith and Kelly. It's an old adage but if you don't retain the ball you won't win games, on Saturday our front men and midfielders could not keep the ball. I fear for our Premier League status because we are short of decent players in most areas. But IMO the priority is not a centre ha,f.

Exactly. Been saying this for months.

We badly missed Tess at the weekend. Kelly's been very good at left mid recently, but he isn't a left back. Hopefully Jeroen is back on Saturday.

????? McAusland was a shambles on Saturday, all over the place. The fact he couldn't keep a decent line, judge a long ball or distribute had nothing to do with Kelly or Naismith. That and have you seen the ground Kelly and Naismith are expected to cover? Not their fault if Osbourne can't track across every so often.

. I never said MacAusland was a world beater, but IMO Naismith and Kelly have been our worst defenders this season.

. I never said MacAusland was a world beater, but IMO Naismith and Kelly have been our worst defenders this season.

If you run them ragged then they will make errors, they do more running than any others on the park. But, our midfield and centre backs should cover better. Play a slow or shit centre back, the tactics fail. Play central midfielders on the wing, the tactic will fail.

With regards to us bringing in players, we need to remember it's only free agents we can sign.

If you're a free agent in mid February you're a free agent for a reason; you're not very good.

We have money to spend on wages, but we're going to be scraping the barrel in terms of quality. Like Alan Gow. Either that or sign no one.

And that seems to be the signing policy these days. I don't think it's an accident.