St Mirren Bod

So... It wasn't a release clause/gentleman's agreement, it was because we NEEDED the cash to pay the wages that we sold McLean.

Eh?

Something doesn't stack up, it's got to be one or the other.

Fully expecting Gilmour to put the season's failures down to a 'minority of fans' on social media. The way he talks about social media is frankly embarrassing. I've heard him say on more than one occasion that he'd get rid of it/shut it down if he could.

This is the 21st century for crying out loud! Can you imagine other companies in the entertainment industry talking so disparagingly about the main vehicle they have to connect with your customer base? They should be embracing these things and also not dishing their limited pool of customers. I've said before on here, football clubs are incredibly lucky they have a customer base that are so engaged with what they do. It makes it easy to reach out and talk to your customers, promote your product etc... But they've made a pigs arse of that too this year!

The way Danny Lennon was treated at the back end of last season was pretty shabby with no class at all. Whether or not he should have been given a new contract is pep to debate, but the way it was handled was not really a way to deal with an employee in the 21st century, particularly one who's put in a few years of good service. I lost a lot of respect for Gilmour after that and It's been a catalogue of errors from the board since. Lennon was an epitome of class throughout, something the board sorely lacked.

Q . If finances at the club are in such a dire state that we have to sell our best player to pay wages, thus finding ourselves descending into financial oblivion next season , then why were we not sold to the English consortium ? Surely , with what we now face , it was worth the risk ?

A. ???

So... It wasn't a release clause/gentleman's agreement, it was because we NEEDED the cash to pay the wages that we sold McLean.

Eh?

Something doesn't stack up, it's got to be one or the other.

Fully expecting Gilmour to put the season's failures down to a 'minority of fans' on social media. The way he talks about social media is frankly embarrassing. I've heard him say on more than one occasion that he'd get rid of it/shut it down if he could.

This is the 21st century for crying out loud! Can you imagine other companies in the entertainment industry talking so disparagingly about the main vehicle they have to connect with your customer base? They should be embracing these things and also not dishing their limited pool of customers. I've said before on here, football clubs are incredibly lucky they have a customer base that are so engaged with what they do. It makes it easy to reach out and talk to your customers, promote your product etc... But they've made a pigs arse of that too this year!

The way Danny Lennon was treated at the back end of last season was pretty shabby with no class at all. Whether or not he should have been given a new contract is pep to debate, but the way it was handled was not really a way to deal with an employee in the 21st century, particularly one who's put in a few years of good service. I lost a lot of respect for Gilmour after that and It's been a catalogue of errors from the board since. Lennon was an epitome of class throughout, something the board sorely lacked.

Good post

Q . If finances at the club are in such a dire state that we have to sell our best player to pay wages, thus finding ourselves descending into financial oblivion next season , then why were we not sold to the English consortium ? Surely , with what we now face , it was worth the risk ?

A. ???

Because ther a shower of greedy BBBSSSS and thought they could get more .

A. ???

There was no bid, either from the English lot or the Argies. It was all made up to try to keep us interested.

I said as much today , they're being found out big time for what they are. I'm starting to doubt that we really had to move to the current shite hole!

of course we didn't! United re-structured their debt, Dundee, hearts and others simply walked away from it and carry on with the valuable asset of their original stadium to rely on.

But we had to sell up? i'm not even sure that the Tesco deal was the best we could acheive. They never intended to put a supermarket on Love St (which would be a mental place to try and put retail on) they could have leased back the land to us and refurbished the main stand and the north bank for less than the cost of the current indistrial unit we occupy.

But no, we had to go to a commercial area and blend in with the electrical contractors, floor layers, tool hirers (no pun intended, but it's there anyway), etc of Greehill Rd.

of course we didn't! United re-structured their debt, Dundee, hearts and others simply walked away from it and carry on with the valuable asset of their original stadium to rely on.

But we had to sell up? i'm not even sure that the Tesco deal was the best we could acheive. They never intended to put a supermarket on Love St (which would be a mental place to try and put retail on) they could have leased back the land to us and refurbished the main stand and the north bank for less than the cost of the current indistrial unit we occupy.

But no, we had to go to a commercial area and blend in with the electrical contractors, floor layers, tool hirers (no pun intended, but it's there anyway), etc of Greehill Rd.

Don't forget the pipe fitter!

A. ???

If there were financial pressures this season what will it be like next season ? I'm certainly not going to renew my season ticket until after I get an idea of who the manager will be, what players will be coming and going and what the boards plans are. After that I will decide whether to renew my season ticket or do something else entirely on a Saturday.

I'm thinking about writing the board a letter requesting a free season ticket for next year. I paid £285 to witness (so far) 1 win, 2 draws and 13 defeats.. 8 goals for and 25 against, surely that is against the trade description act or maybe even the Human Rights act bangin.gif .

Edited by irvine_buddie

What is the exact quote from Gilmour regarding Kenny being sold to pay for wages? Can't find it.

I take it you never seen his credit card bill when he returned from South Africa... Jezzo.

Was it not a gentlemen's agreement.. not worth the paper it was written on.

Edited by scrappy coco

I'm thinking about writing the board a letter requesting a free season ticket for next year. I paid £285 to witness (so far) 1 win, 2 draws and 13 defeats.. 8 goals for and 25 against, surely that is against the trade description act or maybe even the Human Rights act bangin.gif .

Let me know how you get on ?

Why have we had to wait over 2 months and until we're definitely relegated before gilmour decides to come out and tell us reasons behind McLeans move and the appointment of TC. Where's the communication been all season!

When Dundee utd sold Mackay Stevens and Armstrong their chairmen communicated with the fans basically the day after albeit the fans weren't happy with it.

We are run by a bunch of mavericks

Nope.

Caveat Emptor dear chap