St Mirren Bod

Parent and child £29 I think.

Aye for the Away support. Home fans can get the Family ticket for £24, Adult for £19 and Kids for £7. Away fans £23 Adult and £12 Kids. Friggin joke. Hope we start charging them £50 a ticket the next time we are in the same League :)

I thought the rules said home & away fans has to be same price ?

I think there is some kind of get out clause along the lines of 'for similar accommodation' it means they can claim that some stands have restricted views because of pillars etc.

Painfully true Kendo. If we stay up though we have a far better foundation to take the right options. For that reason I'm in for the rest of this nightmare season - we have come this far and it can't really get any worse. I'm wearing my lucky scarf tonight. COYS

Where's your scarf been all season, why wait until tonight to put it on?

Not being obtuse at all. The current BOD has been in situ for the best part of 20 years. In that time we have been promoted, relegated, played in cup finals and had numerous relegation battles both in the top flight and the second tier.

I don't remember there ever being a clamour for a statement before, but suddenly it's a big issue. Indeed it seems to be the main issue on here these days.

Is the clamour because there's precedent for this BOD releasing statements before big games? If so, I don't remember them, hence me asking what they were. If there isn't precedent, why the sudden demand for one now?

And I've said before I don't believe the BOD's role is to get involved with matters on the pitch. That's for the manager and the players.

TC agree with most your posts, but let me take issue with your last line. The prob this year is the BOD have totally influenced what has happened on the pitch. I don't need to name them, but as seen at RC support from a BOD is the diff at all clubs at this level

I think they get round that by pricing individual stands differently. I could be wrong though.

Yes. The stand opposite the Main Stand (to the right of the Away stand) has the cheaper option. The other stands all have the same price.

They also charge different rates depending who the opposition is eg £27 Adult when playing Celtic. We should do the same when the OF come to town. £100 a ticket for the Away end . They may reciprocate but no Buddies go to Parkhead anymore :)

TC agree with most your posts, but let me take issue with your last line. The prob this year is the BOD have totally influenced what has happened on the pitch. I don't need to name them, but as seen at RC support from a BOD is the diff at all clubs at this level

Well Ross County don't so much have support from a BOD. They have a billionaire benefactor who's prepared to throw his own money at the team. That's now three seasons in a row Ross County have been in serious relegation trouble in January as Roy tries to make them self sustainable. Then three seasons in a row he's got his chequebook out in the winter window and it's looking like three seasons in a row they will stay up comfortably as a result. Sadly we aren't fortunate enough to have a rich fan who's willing to spend his own money on the team. Not much the current BOD can do about that!

I simply believe a good BOD should be in the background with minimal public appearances and interference, in good times or bad. After all they have other jobs and/or businesses aswell as being on our board. The club has full time employees (The manager, the general manager and the players) who I believe should be the public face of the football club.

And that some just refuse to criticise them, no matter what.....

Sure this isn't directed at me? I've criticised the BOD's decisions more than most on this forum over the years. I used to post as Lex fyi.

NTopCat. with those comments you will agree then that Mr Gilmour should not have been on the pitch when we won the League Cup.There can be no argument that our BOD are entirely to blame for our ridiculous managerial appointments this season culminating in the sale if our hugely influential and best player on the final day of the transfer window.

Yes I criticised the directors for being on the pitch after the win at the time and since. I also criticised them for the appointment of TC.

Not sure how these relate to the sale of Kenny McLean. I would imagine Kenny signed his deal with us in the summer on the condition that we'd let him leave if someone matched his development fee during his contract. The board alluded to holding up to their side of the bargain when they announced he'd been sold. Can't blame them for that.

Gilmour accusing a "minority" of fans for turning against the players. Gie's peace Stewart, and stop trying to deflect. Chick let him off the hook,there.

Its all about the BoD, this time.

Edited by Drew

Gilmour accusing a "minority" of fans for turning against the players. Gie's peace Stewart, and stop trying to deflect. Chick let him off the hook,there.

When he means 'turning against the players', does he mean online in forums, or at games? At games, I don't hear concentrated abuse towards the players, just normal boos as any team would get with one home win all season. We tend to just quietly trudge out feeling despondent at the end of games.

There are also no concentrated 'sack the board' or 'Gilmour GTF' chants at games.

Gie's peace SG.

Edited by pozbaird

there just might be sack the board after county game

they have it coming ||||||

I'm willing to bet there won't be. If a few individuals started a 'Gilmour, Gilmour GTF' chant, for every fan that joined in, there would be ten who started booing, towards those doing the chanting. It would be fan-on-fan argument.

Teflon coated. The 1998/9 tank is one I'd fcuking love in my car, would never run out of motion lotion.

Chick starts spluttering with indignation if anyone ever dares criticise the Saints board.

That's absolutely disgraceful.

He must know who is to blame for this nightmare of a season and it ain't the "knickerwetting" fans who expressed their concern at the AGM.

He should be very careful about alienating any of the fans who are still attending. There are few enough of them already.

I've been keeping my powder dry on this, waiting on the season to finish to vent however, we trail motherwell 2-0 and yes, the season is over.

I've kept to quite constructive comments about the state of affairs at St.Mirren but enough is just bloody enough - I am sick of it. I've been a bit of a fan of the BOD, they stepped in when we had Reg Brearley lurking and guided us through a tough financial time taking the burden of debt on themselves. They also did the deal which painful as it was, kept us afloat and we've got a new ground and training park out of it but my goodness how they have failed this season.

I don't for one minute expect us to be in the premier every season, I've been watching us since 86 hardly a vintage period from then to now in our history I've seen the bad with the occasional good but what stinks this season is what could have been, what hasn't been and the decisions that got us there.

I wasn't to fussed about getting rid of Danny I thought (how gullible) that we were taking another step up. I'd have paid part of his wages myself if I thought we would be getting Tommy Craig in. What an absolute farce, dressed up in continuity but in reality a cost save. How that decision utterly back fired - are we still paying TC's wage?

The BOD are the cause of this problem and I fear badly for next season, we know the standard of the teams in the first.

Sort this out now BOD. Get a proven manager in.