St Mirren V Motherwell Premiership 16Th May 2015

shull

Bit annoyed that Reilly is defending McDonald in today's Record. He should keep his mouth shut. I am not aware of McManus saying sorry for his attack on Gow or Erwin saying sorry for diving for a penalty that never was. Swings and roundabouts.

That said , we have more class ( perhaps not on the playing ability ) and honesty amongst our players than most.

I am all for honesty and doing the right thing however it looked like Gow was targeted on Saturday with many hard tackles against him and the penalty was a dive. Motherwell were desperate to win at any cost with Lasley also dishing out more than his fair share of snidey wee tackles.. I do not think Reilly should have said it was a vicious attack but I think he should just have kept his mouth shut. I may have felt differently if Well had played with some class.

The only apology from anyone connected to Motherwell, presumably, was McManus asking Teale for Gow's mobile number after the game.

Other than that, there has been no apology for cheating to win a penalty and go 1-0 based on a dive in the penalty box.

No apology for several late tackles on Gow or one of their players hospitalising him.

No apology for 'good guy' McDonald verbally abusing match day mascots before kick off

No apology from Barraclough for bringing the game into disrepute and claiming Reilly feigned injury to get McDonald sent off and wrongly claimed there was 'no contact'

I said at the time and, after watching the highlights, (No need for inverted commas this timepunk.gif ), McDonald led with his elbow and I think knew exactly what he was doing. The red card should stand, Murderwell players should refund their fans and Barraclough should apologise for being..... a Bassrraclough!

Edited by stlucifer

I said at the time and, afetr watching the highlights, (No need for inverted commas this timepunk.gif ), McDonald led with his elbow and I think knew exactly what he was doing. The red card should stand, Murderwell players should refund their fans and Barraclough should apologise for being..... a Bassrraclough!

They really should get their story straight before the appeal, yesterday it was 'no contact' today it's 'minimal contact'. Neither of which really matters because as you say he led with his elbow and whether there was contact or not, it's serious foul play, how many time has a player sen toff for just raising an arm in the direction of the opposition or jerking their head like they were going to head butt someone.

Well those three incidents were pretty clear.

The penalty looked a dive all the way, the "tackle on Gow" was a straight red card and the the real red card was a deliberate elbow into the face - it wasn't a Jim Goodwin full blooded elbow pounding but MacDonald clearly drove his elbow into the face.

Sometimes in football, players would get more respect if they simply admitted stuff like this when it's obvious.

They should just come out and admit all three incidents were unnacceptable and done in the heat of trying to survive the drop.

McDonald's had his red card overturned. I'm not sure why given the TV evidence. I realise that they're a very easy target, but the SFA's disciplinary procedure really is a bit of a shambles.

It's just an SFA ploy. Let Motherwell think that they are being given a break , then brief the refs that Sevco get all the important decisions during the two matches.

You mean our ex assistant , and trainer under Sir Wilson ? Not a wank , just a winning mentality which too many of our own managers down the years haven't possessed

Still a wank.

McDonald's had his red card overturned. I'm not sure why given the TV evidence. I realise that they're a very easy target, but the SFA's disciplinary procedure really is a bit of a shambles.

I think it just proves that all the compliance office or the appeals committee do is watch the BBC highlights, listen to what the pundits are saying and go with that.