David Longwell

So many deluded failures who can't accept that they or their son were good enough.

Let it go bud and find something constructive to do with your life.

We can't all be Messi.

Seriously, is it you or your son who was released by Longwell?

I believe it was his son, also the son of all his aliases.

A coach involved at Hearts told me that he's been impressed with every age group of St Mirren teams he's seen. Well coached, play an attractive, attacking style of football and he hadn't even heard of David Longwell, so he didn't have an axe to grind.

He also told me that every club in Scotland gets their best players nicked by the OF. I think Celtic's Liam Henderson was at Hearts until he was attracted by the lure of a family visit to Parkhead, a trip round the ground, trophy room and training base, and a wee bit of lunch with Lennon and the youth development staff.

I believe it was his son, also the son of all his aliases.

First of all I am a fan of David Longwell and have been along to watch games at under 20 level when living on the mainland.

However anyone who has a child will understand its a hard pill to swallow when your child is rejected even David Lonwell will admit that also as I'm sure he will see that a lot from parents. So I get the Captain will have a bit of a bee in his bunnet rightly or wrongly. Your child means everything and more , add the fact in the family are huge St Mirren supporters and it will hurt all the more.

19 years service and what did we produce???? Kenny "RANGERS" McLean??? Robbie Mitchell was released last week and is signing for Partick??!

That i don't understand

Every season we get rid of our development forwards

Mitchell and especially McDonald who scored a few

There doesn't seem to be the same patience as other positions

I hope David Longwell remains at the club for many years to come.

Keep up the good work David! :-)

My mate's 14 year old son has just signed for us. His dad and him are not Buddies, but were impressed by our youth setup. He was at Queens Park and I believe Sevco were wanting him too, but he/dad chose Saints after training with and meeting with David Longwell.

Hopefully he'll turn into a Saints legend, with Longwell's guidance.

First of all I am a fan of David Longwell and have been along to watch games at under 20 level when living on the mainland.

However anyone who has a child will understand its a hard pill to swallow when your child is rejected even David Lonwell will admit that also as I'm sure he will see that a lot from parents. So I get the Captain will have a bit of a bee in his bunnet rightly or wrongly. Your child means everything and more , add the fact in the family are huge St Mirren supporters and it will hurt all the more.

Nobody is saying it isn't difficult to watch your child fail at something but what Captain is doing is waging a campaign of shit against this man which is completely out of order. He's also doing it anonymously which makes it cowardice.

Presumably he';s also filling his kids head with nonsense about how it's all Longwell's fault meaning his kid is probably in his twenties with an attitude which might completely derail any football career he may have had.

It's a harsh world though and perhaps his lad wasn't good enough?

Just a thought.

Clear out all round needed even Thompson has to go.Infact I suggest it's crucial Thompson goes.

Why? We're losing all the experience in the squad and all the players that have been there and done it at the highest level. Lose people like Thompson and you lose the chance to compete at the top end of the league.

What the hell ! He's away on holiday !

He obviously dosn't care about the club if he's away galavanting in Ibiza .

I believe he's already done a lot of his head of youth development work. We've seen notes on young players getting extended senior contracts, others being released and the likes of Kyle Magennis have pro youth deals whilst others have been released at that level also. I can't see the Academy missing out because David is away for a week.

I believe he's already done a lot of his head of youth development work. We've seen notes on young players getting extended senior contracts, others being released and the likes of Kyle Magennis have pro youth deals whilst others have been released at that level also. I can't see the Academy missing out because David is away for a week.

Woosh?

• 6 months later...