Club Shop Rebranded

Guest TPAFKATS

Ach - alright, you drive a hard bargain, I'll do it for £20,000 :)

Seriously, they might be giving the club £60k but that'll be for playing 3 games at our ground. This might include access to and rebranding of the club shop but would it have been a deal breaker if we had said no to that part?

I noticed in the photos the West Bank looks half empty. Greatest fans in the world remember.

I was at this game last night, the ground was completely full except for two sections opposite the main stand which I assumed were deliberately kept empty. It was a bigger crowd than any from last season although there was little atmosphere as the game was played between men and boys.Den Bosch, like us, is a second division team.

If Saints get anything out of this (perhaps the loan of a couple of players as Celtic would quite happily see us stronger to perhaps thwart Rangers)then I dont see any harm in loaning out the ground as its just lying unused anyway.

I have refrained from commenting until now as I thought it wise not to post while angry. Not to post whilst angry may be wise indeed.

But I am angry. I am ashamed of my club and angry at the board of directors. The fact is we fans are unlikely to see the money raised by this shameful act spent on the team. Even if we do get a loan player or two we are unlikely to remember them in years to come. But what is a fact is that disgusting signage on my clubs stadium wall is an image I will never forget and I am regretfully unlikely to forgive. A shameful act by people who have rapidly fallen from my favour. This week I am embarrassed by my club and that is not a nice feeling.

Froggie, got to disagree with your assertion that Celtic would want to thwart The Rangers.

Getting the replacement club into the top flight us essential to Celtic's business model of exploiting sectarianism.

Celtic are the only club whose attendances have been significantly affected by the demise of Rangers.

Celtic are nothing with a sectarian rivalry to exploit. They would either away and die with the prospect of the replacement club coming up.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/local-news/supporters-furious-celtic-fc-branding-5986748?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Good quotes from BC at the end.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByBlack & White Army1435837351.977175.jpg

He's got his priorities in the right place. Also that article claims we are coining in around 200k...?

Can't be true surely?

Our man in the know scoffed at such a suggestion.

what's pathetic is people like thinking we can afford to turn down this sort of cash. Only three games of football. Get a life ffs

i can't imagined this would have been a deal breaker on the deal and to allow our our club sign to be removed at our home ground and be replaced by another club is something most clubs would probably not have allowed. I think this is more an indication on the lack of ideas to generate out of football income the club is so they will been over and take ideas like this. An A board or trailer or something like that could have been used, but the symbolism of thew club sign being taken down just looks a bit humiliating. Might as well swap over the crests as well.

I'm not really surprised that quite a few folk think this is ok. It's really just an online reflection of the lack of pride and passion in our support that's clear to see at every single home game.

Actually it isn't.

I have refrained from commenting until now as I thought it wise not to post while angry. Not to post whilst angry may be wise indeed.

But I am angry. I am ashamed of my club and angry at the board of directors. The fact is we fans are unlikely to see the money raised by this shameful act spent on the team. Even if we do get a loan player or two we are unlikely to remember them in years to come. But what is a fact is that disgusting signage on my clubs stadium wall is an image I will never forget and I am regretfully unlikely to forgive. A shameful act by people who have rapidly fallen from my favour. This week I am embarrassed by my club and that is not a nice feeling.

Disgusting? Embarassed? Will never forget? Unlikely to forgive? Shameful?

If you and the other drama queens on here don't like this sort of thing there's a very easy solution.

Simply open your wallets and give the club your money.

The cold hard reality is that people have lost their jobs at our club and we're struggling.

Either put up or shut up.

The board have had to actually do something to keep the lights on.

What have you done?

It's easy to be a coward behind your keyboard.

Now confirmed in later edition of the Record we will receive £200k from Celtic which would be around half of the gate receipts for the three matches.Caldwell has confirmed that all monies will be used for player recruitment moreover we will get a player on loan.Great business by Saints in my view.At last matters are positive by way of usage of our wonderful facilities.

I think some on here need to get a life. I think the club have done the right thing. So what about the sign/banner. We need to get back up to premier league we need money to do this. 200k is equivalent to 667 season tickets or 10,000 supporters buying a home game ticket at £20 so that is more than our team takes in over and above our season tickets in maybe 2 years. Great bit of business well done club. Forget the sign look beyond

Edited by fan4ever

Now confirmed in later edition of the Record we will receive £200k from Celtic which would be around half of the gate receipts for the three matches.Caldwell has confirmed that all monies will be used for player recruitment moreover we will get a player on loan.Great business by Saints in my view.At last matters are positive by way of usage of our wonderful facilities.

Yeah but, aye but, that manky sign above our shop sullying the stadium.... 200k? Confirmed? Towards playing budget? Loanee you say?

Nah - I'm finished with St Mirren.

Now... If only the BoD had had the decency to post a wee conciliatory statement about the ins and outs of the deal prior to photos of a manky Sellik sign appearing on the interweb... Damn, if only they had access to a website, or a fans forum, or a Facebook page, or a Twitter feed...

Edited by pozbaird

I'm obviously one of the ones that needs to get a life. I know how beneficial the money will be, but in my view, the whole thing makes us look like a 'Mickey Mouse' club. Those photos have been shown across the media, and I think it makes us look like a wee team, who will do anything for a bit of money.

We are where we are due to the shambles of last season, but the fans have bought season tickets in good numbers and there's been an element of forgive and forget as we look forward to this season. Why are we, yet again, talking about an issue that is controversial amongst a proportion of the support?

I've always been supportive of the Fans Council, but seeing fans with alternative views being described as 'pathetic' and being told to 'get a life' by a Fans Council member starts to make me wonder about how inclusive and representative the Fans Council is.

Some claim to be saints fans but are you. You saying you are finished with st mirren is the reason the 200k will be useful ad I assume you won't come to games or buy a season ticket. If anything the micky mouse club is celtic who are not playing at own ground