Luke Conlan

Can't say I really noticed him against Dumbarton. This tells me he couldn't have had that bad a game

I agree with you.

I'm struggling to remember any particular pressure that was exerted down our LHS, other than when McMullan went walkabout and hung Conlan out to dry.

Can't say I really noticed him against Dumbarton. This tells me he couldn't have had that bad a game

Was about to say the exact same thing. Saturday was my first game of the season and I didn't think he did too much wrong. Already the word scapegoat is springing to mind, it would appear that he is already this seasons boo boy target and that us bound to help a young lad settle in !!!!

He got caught out of position a few times against Rangers, but they're very strong down the right, every left back in the league will get a tough time from them. Other than that he's never stood out as being particularly good or bad. Certainly not to blame for either of the defeats we've suffered.

Can't believe some "fans" are targeting Conlan for abuse after so few games .

I bet some of these fans are the same ones shouting about a return to the team for Goodwin !

I bet some of these fans are the same ones shouting about a return to the team for Goodwin !

The only time Goodwin got some length of time was against Bradford where his experience and composure and passing stood out against all others in the Saints team. I want Goodwin in the team every week as long as he is a St Mirren player. Always support young players even when having a bad game shouting or writing abuse does nothing but set a young player backwards.

I can believe it, with Cheesy gone some fans badly need a new scapegoat. If it wasn't him it would be someone else.

Aye, I didn't think he was so bad at the weekend.

This guy is 20/21? Just moved up from a different country and trying to settle in to a new environment and a new team that is being put together by a new manager. Give him a break and show him encouragement.

Can't believe our fans sometimes. He was getting dogs abuse and didn't even do much wrong. Looks like we have found our new boo boy target though.

Makes no difference. He's been playing with burnley dev squad so up here should be a walk in he park but it's not cause he clearly isn't good enough

Folk saying give him time I've now seen him in 5 games and every game he's been pish

Personally, I thought Dummett was pish for his first dozen games and totally lacked positional sense.

Amazing what a bit of coaching and confidence can do for a young player.

Personally, I thought Dummett was pish for his first dozen games and totally lacked positional sense.

His first game wasn't the best, but I thought he settled well and quickly looked a class above. That said, I'll still give Conlan a good chance to show what he can do. One thing's for sure, the boy himself will be absolutely determined to pick up and prove the doubters wrong, I'm sure we'll see much better from him soon.

Ditto.

It took quite a while for Dummett to shine. He would back off players and allow them to get on his wrong side throughout matches. Basic stuff, but he matured in time.

Shame he couldn't time his suspension so he was missing the league game that coincides with his international duty.

Going against the grain but I thought he had a decent first half. Best I've seen from him so far - admittedly the standard wasn't high. Guessing it'll be Stewart at leftback next week (or Kelly if we sign Webster).

He was better than he was against Rangers & Dumbarton, but he was still rubbish. The same problems - positioning, distribution and getting beaten by players for pace.

I can't see what Murray sees in him. Like I've said before, maybe he is struggling to get to the pace of the game up here - I certainly hope so.