Luke Conlan

Serious question...is he actually a left back?

I thought in the Dumbarton game and again at times last night, he tends to drift inside towards the centre half area quite a bit.

In the Dumbarton game he actually had a few good clearances from the centre half position....just a thought!

Due to the amount of critisim on this forum we lost Marc McAusland, it seems some on here want the same fate to happen to Luke Conlon. If the player reads some of the comments on this forum all you will achieve is for the player to loose confidence, play worse than he is doing and in the end its St.Mirren as a club that will suffer. Let Ian Murray do his job and if he feels the player should be dropped then so be it.

Due to the amount of critisim on this forum we lost Marc McAusland, it seems some on here want the same fate to happen to Luke Conlon. If the player reads some of the comments on this forum all you will achieve is for the player to loose confidence, play worse than he is doing and in the end its St.Mirren as a club that will suffer. Let Ian Murray do his job and if he feels the player should be dropped then so be it.

That surely isn't why Cheesey left?

I don't think he has been up to much from what I have seen of him thus far but the abuse he is getting from the usual suspects amongst the support is hardly conducive to boosting his confidence. Dummett was absolute pony when he first came here but ended up turning into one of the legends of March 17 2013. Not saying that Conlan will meet the same fate but we need to give him a chance.

The boy gets more abuse than the likes of Robert Dawson ever got and that isn't on.

Fair enough, it is a forum for discussion Of the team though. Surely folk are allowed to point out this far we have been pish, Conlan in particular.

You woul hope Murray knows more than us, so hopefully the lad comes on to a game sooner rather than later.

Fair enough, it is a forum for discussion Of the team though. Surely folk are allowed to point out this far we have been pish, Conlan in particular.

You woul hope Murray knows more than us, so hopefully the lad comes on to a game sooner rather than later.

I don't think he has been up to much from what I have seen of him thus far but the abuse he is getting from the usual suspects amongst the support is hardly conducive to boosting his confidence. Dummett was absolute pony when he first came here but ended up turning into one of the legends of March 17 2013. Not saying that Conlan will meet the same fate but we need to give him a chance.

The boy gets more abuse than the likes of Robert Dawson ever got and that isn't on.

Totally agree.

I was one who criticised Dummett week after week... no positioning sense... too easily beaten by a ball over the top... lacking in confidence...

You wouldn't be aware of my criticism at that time though... as I never posted it. Why would I? Wehat would it actually have achieved?

Those who are openly criticising Conlan... what do you hope to achieve?

Young players may improve with coaching and encouragement... as is the way nowadays, many of yhem read forums... have uou ever known one to improve through criticism or insults.

This is a forum... for discussion and opinions.

Opinions are one thing... but I truly wonder what some folks hope to achieve with the sheer negativity expressed.

That surely isn't why Cheesey left?

You don't think the constant negative ramblings on here have no effect. Yes it is just social media who in their right mind would take it seriously. The constant digging at Marc I'm sure had a big part to play in him leaving the club he was a ball boy at , then an apprentice , then a player , then captain , then a cup winning medal only for some to constantly put the boot into him and his father.

Watched the highlights many times now, never a Red card. Yellow at most. The Ref was far to quick to flash the card. Neither manager thought it was red either. Hope the club appeal.

Agree, the referee should always allow some thinking time. He sprinted over like an Olympic athlete with the red card.

You don't think the constant negative ramblings on here have no effect. Yes it is just social media who in their right mind would take it seriously. The constant digging at Marc I'm sure had a big part to play in him leaving the club he was a ball boy at , then an apprentice , then a player , then captain , then a cup winning medal only for some to constantly put the boot into him and his father.

Why do people not give players a chance, this poor young lad is just in the door and needs encouragement not abuse.

The lad needs to be given a chance.

What got to me was "not only was I enraged by a ridulous and non-called for sending off" it was the lad Barr making such a miraculous recovery within 2minutes from what was deemed a sending off offence and him turning to me, whilst on the side-lines with the trainer waiting to come on" winking and laughing that that was us down to ten". The puppet of a linesman that only flagged once the referee blew his whistle and only seemed to do what the referee told him too do. Murray and Spalding questioned the 4th official as to why Conlon was sent off, he did answer but as the 4th official can do nothing else,so one wonders what he is their for.

The reason McAusland doesn't play for St Mirren any more is because he is shite and played a big part in our relegation!!

Lets not start changing history now just because he is a St Mirren fan.

Totally agree.

I was one who criticised Dummett week after week... no positioning sense... too easily beaten by a ball over the top... lacking in confidence...

You wouldn't be aware of my criticism at that time though... as I never posted it. Why would I? Wehat would it actually have achieved?

Young players may improve with coaching and encouragement... as is the way nowadays, many of yhem read forums... have uou ever known one to improve through criticism or insults.

Opinions are one thing... but I truly wonder what some folks hope to achieve with the sheer negativity expressed.

So we should only express opinions that you agree with? That will make for some cracking debate then!

Totally agree.

I have not so far openly criticised him - but so far he deserves plenty of this abuse. He has been the weakest link and Murray must share the blame for this. Why not bring him on in the reserves and on for 20 minutes as sub when it is appropriate. The lad is being thrown in at the deep end and is still learning to swim at this level.

What I would hope to achieve is to develop him slowly if indeed he has the talent to improve - in the meantime improving the team must be the primary objective :-

The answer is simple - get Kelly at LB sign a decent C-Back and sign some real goal scorers - then we might pick up a win or 2.

The number of shots on target Morton managed compared to us (even in the 1st half) - truly embarrassing how far we have fallen in such a short time.

Langfield - enormous improvement - Goodwin - a real driven pro. Watson - solid and competent

Maybe a pattern is immerging - the boys need better pro's to bring them on.

So how about some strikers that can score goals - that would be novel for us in recent seasons! Thomo will score goals if he gets some service and support - he was robbed of a good goal against the soap dodgers - but get someone right up there who can complete, win the ball, score and lay on some for him and our other badly needed new striker.

All good team get goals from several sources - usually all their front men - often 3 NOT 1

I have not so far openly criticised him - but so far he deserves plenty of this abuse. He has been the weakest link and Murray must share the blame for this. Why not bring him on in the reserves and on for 20 minutes as sub when it is appropriate. The lad is being thrown in at the deep end and is still learning to swim at this level.

What I would hope to achieve is to develop him slowly if indeed he has the talent to improve - in the meantime improving the team must be the primary objective :-

The answer is simple - get Kelly at LB sign a decent C-Back and sign some real goal scorers - then we might pick up a win or 2.

The number of shots on target Morton managed compared to us (even in the 1st half) - truly embarrassing how far we have fallen in such a short time.

Langfield - enormous improvement - Goodwin - a real driven pro. Watson - solid and competent

Maybe a pattern is immerging - the boys need better pro's to bring them on.

So how about some strikers that can score goals - that would be novel for us in recent seasons! Thomo will score goals if he gets some service and support - he was robbed of a good goal against the soap dodgers - but get someone right up there who can complete, win the ball, score and lay on some for him and our other badly needed new striker.

All good team get goals from several sources - usually all their front men - often 3 NOT 1

Exactly this!

Playing Conlan who is clearly out of his depth is a monumental mistake by Murray. He is ruining young players who may have potential but are being asked too much, too soon. Murray cocked up going with so many youngsters and is back peddaling like feck now, praising the old pro's after a few weeks ago stating their appearances would be limited. He is a very naive manager.