All About The Money?

I honestly can't see the BOD removing Murray at any point this season, including if we are in the bottom two. It's a simple matter of finance and a BOD who will not wish to admit they got this appointment wrong. The standards at our club have been allowed to slip to the extent that it seems acceptable for us to be struggling against part-time teams and shipping 6 goals against the likes of Falkirk over two games.

We can't keep going for the 'cheap option' when it comes to managers or ones who have little experience; Craig and Teale are two recent examples.

Sad state of affairs.

What really still irritates somewhat is that when Craig eventually was sacked Mr Gilmour clearly stated that we would appoint an experienced wheeler dealer type Manager.Alas we are still waiting for this person and fundamentally here lies the problem.

Absolutely. I can't see the current BOD ever appointing an experienced manager.

What really still irritates somewhat is that when Craig eventually was sacked Mr Gilmour clearly stated that we would appoint an experienced wheeler dealer type Manager.Alas we are still waiting for this person and fundamentally here lies the problem.

Unfortunately we are under the control of Douglas street ltd., and they can say and do what they want as far as the running of our club is concerned. "We made a mistake, an error of judgement, we will appoint a wheeler dealer type" all absolute hogwash and there will be more to come - look out for similar statements when the time for season tickets to be renewed comes along.

I think the board know they will come in for criticism from the media etc if they change manager before Christmas for the 2nd season in a row. I think they actually like to keep managers on for as long as possible, Gus was just about the longest serving manager in Scotland and they gave Lennon quite a good run too.

After not giving Lennon a new contract they took a lot of stick, they then sacked Craig, essentially sacked Teale (he was there a bit long to be considered a caretaker) and now are in the position where appointing Murray is beginning to look like a mistake. SG is going to get a reputation he really tried to avoid.

I think unless we are in real danger of relegation come January Murray will stay on. Obviously money is indeed the critical factor there.

I honestly can't see the BOD removing Murray at any point this season, including if we are in the bottom two. It's a simple matter of finance and a BOD who will not wish to admit they got this appointment wrong. The standards at our club have been allowed to slip to the extent that it seems acceptable for us to be struggling against part-time teams and shipping 6 goals against the likes of Falkirk over two games.

We can't keep going for the 'cheap option' when it comes to managers or ones who have little experience; Craig and Teale are two recent examples.

Sad state of affairs.

Thing is, he wasn't seen as a cheap option. For one, he was still under contract. Many on here wanted him and would have probably praised the appointment of Aitken too. McKinnon at Raith was apparently interviewed or there was at least interest shown. I for one was more swayed towards bringing in murray at the time over mckinnon. Look how much better raiths season has started to ours.

Sign of luck or good management? I personally think any manager regardless of experience would struggle at the club in its current state of ownership. Absolutely no disrespect to the BOD when i say this, but we know and they know that a breath of fresh air with new ideas etc is needed.

I think the board know they will come in for criticism from the media etc if they change manager before Christmas for the 2nd season in a row. I think they actually like to keep managers on for as long as possible, Gus was just about the longest serving manager in Scotland and they gave Lennon quite a good run too.

After not giving Lennon a new contract they took a lot of stick, they then sacked Craig, essentially sacked Teale (he was there a bit long to be considered a caretaker) and now are in the position where appointing Murray is beginning to look like a mistake. SG is going to get a reputation he really tried to avoid.

I think unless we are in real danger of relegation come January Murray will stay on. Obviously money is indeed the critical factor there.

Take a look at the league table. With no right sided defender and a lack of centre halves I can't see the situation improving over the next couple of weeks. We are in real danger of relegation NOW and that's after a supposed good recent run.bangin.gif

The Board really need to act or it will be part time football and a rundown, empty stadium with no money to use the facilities at Ralston.

I really believe we are in deep sh!t at this juncture.

"Obviously money is indeed the critical factor there."

That is the primary issue of why we are where we are. We need to invest in a decent team and a decent manager - not the pi**sh we have had since Danny was let go. And Danny too had his budget cut, best players moved on all driven by the money saving agenda continuously.

At the same time when Ross County were a dead cert for relegation, they sacked the manager, bought a ship load of players and then went on a run that has the 3rd best points collection in Scottish football since.

They may have invested a large sum of money - but they are still getting Premiership income each week and in football terms 15 or 16 places above us at present, when they were several below.

Good businesses invest wisely for best performance - for a football club, that does not mean in the first instance with the accounts (Though being reckless is utter folly) - it is the team/manager/director performance that produces the points that win prizes OR in our case LACK of them that means we are in relegation trouble.

If money reasons is the factor that keeps Murray in the job - what budget cuts will he have for the division down for next season?

Hibs h

Raith a

Morton h

Rangers a - Challenge Cup

QOTS h

The next 5 games, the 5 games Murray has to save his job. I think he needs 7 points minimum. They're a tough set of games, no part time teams and a lot of sides in good form. The Rangers game is almost inconsequential, it's the league games that matter. However a win at Ibrox and a cup final could certainly tip the balance in his favour.

The BOD set the precedent with TC last season when they sacked him in the second week of December. The QOTS game is on the 5th December. Judging by their own precedent Murray will be gone after that game, unless he turns it around.

If we are going to change manager we have to do it before January. Thus giving the new guy time to review his squad and then make any changes he deems necessary in the window.

As I said previously changing the manager wouldn't require any additional expense. We simply put them on gardening leave and make an internal promotion till the end of the season.

It's risk free as i simply can't see how a squad like ours could be managed any worse. The worst case scenario is it doesn't get better.

Sad state of affairs.

Being second bottom will be enough evidence that the BOD have got it wrong. No need for them to admit it.

Hibs h

Raith a

Morton h

Rangers a - Challenge Cup

QOTS h

The next 5 games, the 5 games Murray has to save his job. I think he needs 7 points minimum. They're a tough set of games, no part time teams and a lot of sides in good form. The Rangers game is almost inconsequential, it's the league games that matter. However a win at Ibrox and a cup final could certainly tip the balance in his favour.

The BOD set the precedent with TC last season when they sacked him in the second week of December. The QOTS game is on the 5th December. Judging by their own precedent Murray will be gone after that game, unless he turns it around.

If we are going to change manager we have to do it before January. Thus giving the new guy time to review his squad and then make any changes he deems necessary in the window.

As I said previously changing the manager wouldn't require any additional expense. We simply put them on gardening leave and make an internal promotion till the end of the season.

It's risk free as i simply can't see how a squad like ours could be managed any worse. The worst case scenario is it doesn't get better.

Look at how waiting until the 2nd week in December worked out for us last year!

We need to act sooner rather than later and give the New man a fighting chance

Goodwin is the ideal candidate if we are not going to get someone in that costs money.

You can't "invest" money you don't have.

That is where you are wrong my friend - never heard of a loan? It is one of the main ways Banks make their money - they lend with interest. P.S. Businesses use them all the time to resource their expansion and "forward thinking" business plans.

Also, what we been doing with the MacLean/McGinn money? ~How much do the directors take out the club for their pi**sh poor performance (Only consolation is they surely cannot be claiming any bonuses)

Edited by Sweeper07

Being second bottom will be enough evidence that the BOD have got it wrong. No need for them to admit it.

Indeed.

Being in the same spot 12 months on you'd be quite right to ask why there had been no improvement.

To be in that same spot in the League below 12 months later ...well there is no defence for that. NONE

That is where you are wrong my friend - never heard of a loan? It is one of the main ways Banks make their money - they lend with interest. P.S. Businesses use them all the time to resource their expansion and "forward thinking" business plans.

Also, what we been doing with the MacLean/McGinn money? ~How much do the directors take out the club for their pi**sh poor performance (Only consolation is they surely cannot be claiming any bonuses)

All you have to do to see how much Directors earn is to look at a set of accounts for the company.

Let me know.

This is why fans in general can never be trusted to run a football club.

Absolutely clueless.

Banks stopped lending to football clubs YEARS ago.

Unbelievable that someone so vocal needs this simple basic fact pointed out to them.

Are you nosferatu or Dickson under another alias?

So the accounts state that the Directors are not taking a wage - but they also say they are taking a huge hit in reducing the value of the club.

Don't see any details of their expenses listed?

Also noticed that we are not as hard up as some might believe?

£1,211,459 listed as Sundry Reserves

Look at how waiting until the 2nd week in December worked out for us last year!

We need to act sooner rather than later and give the New man a fighting chance

Goodwin is the ideal candidate if we are not going to get someone in that costs money.

We were 11th when we sacked Tommy Craig. Indeed we were 11th in February. If only we'd finished there Hm.

Our relegation was not down to us keeping TC too long, it was down to what happened after he left.

We were 11th when we sacked Tommy Craig. Indeed we were 11th in February. If only we'd finished there Hm.

Our relegation was not down to us keeping TC too long, it was down to what happened after he left.

It was down to both.

Absolutely clueless.

Unbelievable that someone so vocal needs this simple basic fact pointed out to them.

In 2013 the accounts show we had a bank loan - but we did not have any last year because the debts were paid off

Partick Thistle had £153,000 of bank loans and overdraft in last years accounts.

Banks lend, so long as they have assets which they can make first claim from or seize to ensure they get paid back.

Rash statements are likely to show you up!

Absolutely clueless.

In 2013 the accounts show we had a bank loan - but we did not have any last year because the debts were paid off

Partick Thistle had £153,000 of bank loans and overdraft in last years accounts.

Banks lend, so long as they have assets which they can make first claim from or seize to ensure they get paid back.

Rash statements are likely to show you up!

No they don't.

Banks have to take more into account than just being able to take a security or a floating charge.

First and foremost would be how convertible that security would be into actual cash.....Club has been for sale long enough to show that is not straightforward.