St.mirren V Morton 20/11/15

Stevie88

I had a nightmare last night that we were losing 3-0 and were down to 9 men and hanging on to keep the score down.

However this could be good news when I dream of victory we often lose.

I thought my nightmare had ended when TC got sacked, but nope that was just the tip. Anyway always the optimist and we will (we will we will we will we will we will we will) win tonight. It will be 3-1, we lose a 10th minute goal from a corner, and then a lion will attack 5 Morton Players, who then turn into chocolate, Mallan then scores from 35, 45 and 55 yards in 56 seconds. Prozac has its uses

Edited by DougJamie

I think we will lose tonight. I get the optimism, we haven't had a game for a couple of weeks and the reality of just how bad we are has dimmed slightly.

Morton are an in form side with an experienced manager who knows what he's doing. We are the opposite on all 3 counts.

I hope we get charlatans like McMullan and Agnew out the side and give some of the U20's like Morgan and McLear a chance. They won't do worse. I assume Reid will be at right back as we don't have anyone else.... Shudder.

All in all we are a disjointed side who struggle at the back and going forward. We are rudderless and low on confidence. There's been no signs of this changing so I assume it won't tonight.

Going to go for 1-2, hope I'm wrong.

I think we will lose tonight. I get the optimism, we haven't had a game for a couple of weeks and the reality of just how bad we are has dimmed slightly.

Morton are an in form side with an experienced manager who knows what he's doing. We are the opposite on all 3 counts.

I hope we get charlatans like McMullan and Agnew out the side and give some of the U20's like Morgan and McLear a chance. They won't do worse. I assume Reid will be at right back as we don't have anyone else.... Shudder.

All in all we are a disjointed side who struggle at the back and going forward. We are rudderless and low on confidence. There's been no signs of this changing so I assume it won't tonight.

I can make this easy for you , you are wrong :)

Happy to help.

I think the hope/optimism is based on the the removal of Spalding, a perceived weak link, and his replacement with Miller who should have the nous and status to "aid" Murray.

.........and did I say that Gallagher and Shankland should start?

PS - Regarding Morton's form I did some checking and prior to beating QotS Morton's last three league games are 1 goal victories against the division's other strugglers, Livi, Dumbarton & Alloa. Now you might be right in that this appears to be our current level based on results but really we should be doing better and if we can't match Morton in terms of ability and attitude then it really is going to be a long, hard season. Flush.gif

Edited by Bud the Baker

We lose tonight and Murray should have his desk cleared by Monday morning.

Going to be a long night if he starts thompson upfront instead of Shankland, I can't remember the last time thompson actually had an effort at goal, brutal.

Cleared desk by Monday same old same old. Have faith JJ.

Change yir pampers we will win tonight. McMullan to get MOM.

Strange week this one, my apathy caused by our dreadful manager led to me fearing a baw humping at the start. Then around Tuesday I started to harbour feelings of excitement at this game, yesterday I was damned well sure that the michty Mirren would prosper and in style.

As kick off approaches realism is kicking in and I am back to fearing that baw humping.

Ian Murray does not posess the ability to go up against an experienced man like Jim Duffy and prosper so I can only hope oor Alex has worked some magic.

Altogether now "Oor Alec's Black and White army"

Score prediction.

6-3 Saints with Morton's goalie getting sent off with our centre forward.

I'm actually sober.....just reminiscing about matches against Morton from years gone by.

It's really strange to have not played a home league game against them in so long.

So let's party like it was 1999....

COYS

where have the last 39 years gone? a repeat tonight would go down a treat