St Mirren V Hibs 20/8/16

dr rotund

Spot on dibble. I've said for a. While I think naismith is greatly overrated. He can't pass or jump and really does struggle getting up and down the park.

We really have the most fickle of Supporters with short term memory loss. Naismith was a cracking prospect before his injury. In between that injury and now we have went throw a pile of managers and assistants. Naismith was always a player who moved up the wing. It is clear Rae does not want him to play the roll he is used to. A bit like Mallan now playing a deeper roll than he did last season. Rae obviously knows what roll he wants his players to play. Trouble is our players look a bit lost and uncomfortable in their new rolls in the team. Time will tell if Rae can get the team to perform , I have my doubts but hope it comes good. Meantime maybe as fans we could back our players.

Isle of bute if he was 34 or an ex rangers player he'd be getting crucified for his poor performances. I think some fans need to get real and see he isn't all that good along with many of the team. Yes he did a good job initially but after that no he has been below par. I think before his injury he was struggling. I hope he comes back and plays well again bit you can't slag guys like Hutton who is a boo boy target and leave out naismith. I am sorry he needs dropped

15 minutes ago, norrie82 said:

Isle of bute if he was 34 or an ex rangers player he'd be getting crucified for his poor performances. I think some fans need to get real and see he isn't all that good along with many of the team. Yes he did a good job initially but after that no he has been below par. I think before his injury he was struggling. I hope he comes back and plays well again bit you can't slag guys like Hutton who is a boo boy target and leave out naismith. I am sorry he needs dropped

I'd move Jason inside one and play someone else at full back. The trouble is we don't have another RB option. I like the idea of Jason and McKenzie as a CB pairing tbh

Also, for what it's worth. I'd play young Stewart before giving Irvine a strip. He's been honking since the first league cup game.

1 hour ago, norrie82 said:

Spot on dibble. I've said for a. While I think naismith is greatly overrated. He can't pass or jump and really does struggle getting up and down the park.

I think a lot of us forget that Jason had a career threatening injury last season, he is lacking confidence and self belief.give hime time.

As for Hibs, we all know Saint turn up for games like this, Saints 3 Hibs 1 Lennon sent to the stand after Cummings gets  a second yellow for kicking the ball away.

Hibs fans ejected for smoke bombs

Bring it on !!!!!

Call it as I see it and sorry that upsets you but you hey its ok he's young he's a buddy he's a ok. I'm sorry I like the fact he's a bud but is he upto it at present absolutely not

Your not upsetting anyone and this forum is for all our opinions. It's just I see it differently in that players are not comfortable with what they are being told to do under Rae.

How we perform against Hibs is down to Rae admitting plan A isn't working.

We have been over run in midfield in the first half against Hamilton, Morton and Raith, solely because we are easy to read, and stifle. The hopeful hoof balls delivered by players not skilled enough to drop a long pass onto a forwards foot give our opponents plenty of time to organise.

that coupled with holding the wing backs, back and not giving them licence to cross the half way line means we never get the support and supply to the likes of Morgan and Walsh. Too often they are left one on one, or even one against two with their counterparts, they should be supported to get to the line and ping crosses across the box to our plethora of useful strikers.

Sutton, Clarkson, Hardie and Shankland should be having crosses pinged over to them throughout the game, they along with our wingers are our strength, instead we are easily dominated until the second half when Rae commits the wing backs up.... A bit!

he might disagree, but Rae will have to commit to playing some football to improve our fortunes. I can see Hutton and Mallan being dropped, along with one other when McKenzie and Quinn are fit, and if Gordon ever gets a game?

If we play like we did against Raith or Morton we will get humped, and if we also have the mentality that Hibs are a big club then for sure we are consigned to another poor season. Hibs are not that great, Falkirk by all accountrs had them under cosh, Dumferline gifted them two goals . QOS thrashed them in cup.

With Sevco out this league is open, but these are matches we must not lose.

I might be getting on a bit, but I cant hear our old manager Fergie bumming up anyone.. Rae impressed me last year, but so far this year he hasn't. Getting shot of Kelly and Goodie was mad.

As for saying that players aren't trying sits firmly on his shoulders. If  he cant inspire then he is in wrong job. Rae needs to step up, get more than one game plan and start acting like someone who actually knows what he is doing. I sure don't want another manager brought in so time for Rae to step up.

Mallan has got to play deeper if we're playing two wingers and two strikers.
If Alex plays one striker he gets pelters and if he doesn't play wingers he gets pelters.

The difference is Mallan was a proven goal scorer last season what do you not understand ? 14 goals was right up there with the best in the league it'd not rocket science surly you can grasp that ?

34 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

The difference is Mallan was a proven goal scorer last season what do you not understand ? 14 goals was right up there with the best in the league it'd not rocket science surly you can grasp that ?

How many of Mallan's 14 goals came from direct free kicks or penalties compared with open play? Most of his goals last season came when Rae was in charge.

As for Naismith, I've already said I hope he ends up having a good season, but in my opinion after 1 good season under Danny Lennon when he made his debut with the first team he has been pretty underwhelming, including the season before he picked up the bad knee injury. Remember how poor he was in the year of the barcode strip? He's a defender who doesn't like marking or defending and isn't great at passing. Lots of people are saying Rae has put the full backs under instructions not to cross the halfway line this season... so how come Naismith is still out the TV picture when we concede almost every goal?

Are you a complete tool?

If Rae plays two wingers and two strikers and four at the back - Where do you suggest Mallan plays?

I don't agree he should play deep but if that's the formation Rae plays then what's the alternative.

Take a chill pill. Any player who has an eye for goal should be played in his best position , as for wingers we are not playing the best style for wingers meaning the long ball. We should be building from the back not kicking the ball up for the other team to win the ball. Mallan should be played behind our forwards.

I can't claim to be looking forward to this one.

So I won't.

We lack leadership and confidence just now. It wouldn't require a huge amount of wherewithal to defeat this team as things stand.

In fact, I might start a thread asking if we could defeat Queens Park, or maybe Irvine Meadow. That would be good,eh?