St Mirren v Spartans Scottish Cup 3rd Round 29/11/16

shull

Now 'this' could easily be on a par with something else , I think it was 'deal done' ? Not sure [emoji14]

Not entirely the same thing.

In sport I can only offer an opinion, there are no certainties.

In my opinion we will win easily on Saturday.

Spartans just beat East Kilbride , thus ending their record breaking unbeaten for 30 games run. .

And?

East Kilbride are also a Lowland League team.

They are three leagues below us. We won't have any problem winning on Saturday but I'm not entirely sure what that proves either way!

14 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Quote: "Cup runs are shit unless you win a trophy"

Only way to do that is of course to win every game.

Yes - losing in the Semi or Final hurts.

But I would take that hurt anytime as it means we are close to success.

Wouldn't you?

Oh - and the cash that is brought into the club.

You're not very bright.

You take the hurt dafty :blink:

So you did enjoy Gretna 2006 and Hampden 2010 ?

F*CKING unbelievable :lol:

Not entirely the same thing.

In sport I can only offer an opinion, there are no certainties.

In my opinion we will win easily on Saturday.

Only messing Div.

I like most want us to win every game bar none.

It's not beyond the realms of possibility to lose to Spartans and I think we will 1-2.

But of course hoping for a 5-0 Saints win.

IF it was TNS this week , I doubt anyone would predict a home win, so let's see what this game brings :)

COYS

9 minutes ago, div said:

And?

They are three leagues below us. We won't have any problem winning on Saturday but I'm not entirely sure what that proves either way!

And?

. .and in our current fragile state , anything could happen and probably will. .

7 minutes ago, saintnextlifetime said:

And?

. .and in our current fragile state , anything could happen and probably will. .

I don't think it helps our cause much to be so defeatist.

There ain't a whole lot to be positive about on the park at the moment but one thing that HAS been decent this season apart from the performance at Hamilton has been our cup form.

We will win on Saturday, and we will win easily. Mark these words!

Just now, div said:

I don't think it helps our cause much to be so defeatist.

There ain't a whole lot to be positive about on the park at the moment but one thing that HAS been decent this season apart from the performance at Hamilton has been our cup form.

We will win on Saturday, and we will win easily. Mark these words!

Your words are duly noted Div.

1 hour ago, div said:

And?

The same Kilby side that held Celtic in the cup for long enough, eventually losing 2-0.

How many Premier sides would be happy with a result like that!

The same Kilby side that held Celtic in the cup for long enough, eventually losing 2-0.

How many Premier sides would be happy with a result like that!

If we are running scared of a lowland league club on our own patch then we are more f**ked than I imagined.

If we were away from home I might be concerned, but at the fortress that is the 2021 stadium...........

Oh shit.

1 hour ago, div said:

If we are running scared of a lowland league club on our own patch then we are more f**ked than I imagined.

If we were away from home I might be concerned, but at the fortress that is the 2021 stadium...........

Oh shit.

that's it done,mortgage on buds win,hope you have spare room for me the wife and baby,or one way ticket to ARGENTINA

16 hours ago, div said:

Yes we will, we will beat Spartans easily.

They are a non-league side. I'd expect us to win by at least 2-3 goals on Saturday.

Absolutely no chance they will beat us.

Sounds like JR telling us all what great players we have, results speak louder than words and so far we have beaten Livi 3-2, Edin City, Ayr twice , Hibs  and wait for it Albion, with exception of Hibs, that's either Part time lower league or both. Edin City beat Spartans last year, we have already drawn 0-0 with them as a Premier team.

So mate pain to say it, but it would hardly be a shock result.

This month has shown just how truly mince we are......

3 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Sounds like JR telling us all what great players we have, results speak louder than words and so far we have beaten Livi 3-2, Edin City, Ayr twice , Hibs  and wait for it Albion, with exception of Hibs, that's either Part time lower league or both. Edin City beat Spartans last year, we have already drawn 0-0 with them as a Premier team.

So mate pain to say it, but it would hardly be a shock result.

This month has shown just how truly mince we are......

Of course it would be a shock result. They happen from time to time, but very seldom a non league team goes away from home and wins against a side three divisions above them.

We won't lose on Saturday, we'll win by at least two goals.

1 hour ago, the barrhead teacher said:

Tricky fixture this given the lack of confidence and goals but there will be no excuses acceptable if we don't win this. Spartans are no mugs given recent results but there is still a gulf, hopefully, in fitness and quality, no matter what we have had to suffer watching this season

Yup!

Should win - MUST WIN!

COYS!

Spartans recent results:

19/11/16 - Beat East Kilbride 1-0 at home

15/11/16 - Beat Preston Athletic 2-1 at home

12/11/16 - Lost to Tynecastle 1-0 away in the South Region Challenge Cup

05/11/16 - Lost to Gala Fairydean 3-2 away

They are second in their league, miles behind East Kilbride, level on points with the mighty Dalbeattie Star but with a better goal difference and one point ahead of the even mightier East Stirlingshire. As someone else mentioned Eddie Malone is in their squad and ex Falkirk and Aberdeen player Gary Smith is their assistant manager, having had a look at their website none of their other players names seemed familiar. The match report for their defeat to Tynecastle mentions Jack Ross was spotted in the crowd.

For any optimists out there we are 9/1 to win with a -4 goal handicap or for those verging on insanity 22/1 to win with a -5 goal handicap (both with Coral).