So Farewell Then George Michael

shull

FFS. Not exactly my cup of musical tea, but still, him singing 'Somebody to Love' with Queen at the Freddie Mercury tribute concert was absolutely magnificent, as was 'Careless Whisper'. The boy was talented alright.

RIP. 

Still time for someone else to claim the final 2016 musician death. What a terrible year.

Compare and contrast with Rick Parfitt who really embraced the rock'n'roll lifestyle. George Michael quickly wanted to leave Wham behind but he never really seemed to enjoy what he found there (wherever there may be). Never really seemed at ease with his sexuality, veering from ignoring it to shouting about it.

Died on Christmas Day, it's at times like these I wish I could be a Christion again and believe in an afterlife.

PS I'm 53 too................

8 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:

Sad that someone so relatively young has died but am I alone in being confused by the sheer hysteria that has followed his death?

It's seemingly the way of things post-Diana. I've known my best mate Michael since 1977... biggest Status Quo fan you'll ever meet. Big time Quo fan. He doesn't feel the need to rush down to the site of the old Butlins in Minehead and place flowers in front of where Rossi and Parfitt first met, lighting ten candles and placing them on an old Telecaster... he texted me, I texted him. A bit of 'FFS, thought he was going to be OK after that last heart scare, bloody shame..' and he watched a live Quo DVD on Christmas Day instead of watching a movie while raising a glass...

Just wait until someone else from Def Leppard kaks it - that'll be real hysteria.

Edited by pozbaird

2 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

Compare and contrast with Rick Parfitt who really embraced the rock'n'roll lifestyle. George Michael quickly wanted to leave Wham behind but he never really seemed to enjoy what he found there (wherever there may be). Never really seemed at ease with his sexuality, veering from ignoring it to shouting about it.

Died on Christmas Day, it's at times like these I wish I could be a Christion again and believe in an afterlife.

PS I'm 53 too................

Moulded by management like so many artists in their early years just look wbere his partner in wham ended up no doubt who the talent was. Quo sold over 118 million albums now im not saying Quo are better than George. Wait im thinking about that. Aye Quo are more talented. 

12 hours ago, pozbaird said:

FFS. Not exactly my cup of musical tea, but still, him singing 'Somebody to Love' with Queen at the Freddie Mercury tribute concert was absolutely magnificent, as was 'Careless Whisper'. The boy was talented alright.

RIP. 

Still time for someone else to claim the final 2016 musician death. What a terrible year.

Watch that performance now and again on YouTube probably the only singer who could have replaced Freddie in Queen.

4 minutes ago, linwood buddie said:

Watch that performance now and again on YouTube probably the only singer who could have replaced Freddie in Queen.

Lisa Stansfield was the best none Mercury singer i have seen with Queen that was at Wembley stadium I think. 

Edited by Isle Of Bute Saint

1 hour ago, Stuart Dickson said:

Sarah Michelle Geller posted her condolences. "Do you really want to hurt me? It seems 2016 does. Boy George you were a real talent and you'll be sadly missed."

Maybe it's not mistaken identity and Buffy the Vampire Slayer knows something we don't know.

What a stupid boot

smg.JPG