The battle to avoid relegation

Full time Raith 0-2 Dunfermline

Another terrible result for us. Seems like everything that could go wrong is going wrong. None of the 3 teams above us have lost once in the last 3 weeks. They're all capable of digging out big results when needed.

Just now, proudtobeabuddy said:

Dunfermline play Ayr on Saturday. Whatever the result there will be points dropped by one/both teams. If we beat QOS we edge closer.

...and if they draw and Queens beat us, they both move another point ahead of us. If they draw and we draw, then another game is chalked off the season without us gaining ground, and finally, if my auntie had baws...

2 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

...and if they draw and Queens beat us, they both move another point ahead of us. If they draw and we draw, then another game is chalked off the season without us gaining ground, and finally, if my auntie had baws...

I realise that and if we can't win our games we're obviously fecked. I'd like to think we can continue our recent revival into the rest of the season and drag ourselves back into the mix, January will be a defining month.

07-Jan-2017 Queen of the South H   Ladbrokes Championship 3pm
14-Jan-2017 Dunfermline Athletic A   Ladbrokes Championship 3pm
21-Jan-2017 Dundee A   William Hill Scottish Cup 4th Round 3pm
28-Jan-2017 Falkirk H   Ladbrokes Championship 3pm
04-Feb-2017 Dumbarton A   Ladbrokes Championship

3pm

Edited by proudtobeabuddy

9 minutes ago, TopCat said:

But that might stop you mentioning him after every post I make, and I'm quite enjoying that :lol:

Only twice now . What I'll enjoy will be , the team narrowing the gap and then overtaking at least one team above us . 

Being a St.Mirren fan has taught me how to support a team through good and bad times . Good and bad managers also apply .

Thought that the support for the team against Morton was brilliant - as fans all we can do is keep the encouragement going and hope that in some way it helps the performance on the park.

KTF guys .......... surely tae f#ck we are due break !

We have an issue with leaking poor goals, though the main issue when you look at the table is the lack of goals in our team. By no coincidence, Ayr have had the same problem up front and are sitting just above us. We really need to strengthen our front line in this window if possible.

We have an issue with leaking poor goals, though the main issue when you look at the table is the lack of goals in our team. By no coincidence, Ayr have had the same problem up front and are sitting just above us. We really need to strengthen our front line in this window if possible.

Well we have the worst defence in the league. We have conceded 34 goals in 19 games, second worst defence is Dunfermline and QOTS with 29 goals conceded, a whopping 5 less. That's the main issue clearly.

Going forward we have scored 18 goals, the same as Ayr and only 2 less than 5th placed Raith Rovers. Not good enough clearly, but relatively speaking the forward area of the team is doing far better than the defence.