Bid accepted for Kyle McAllister?

7 minutes ago, MenstrieSaint said:

two bids previously knocked back for a left back , hope its third time lucky , just a pity he,s probably cuptied

If it is Calum Waters of Alloa then he is cup tied for both the cups that we are on course to win.

7 hours ago, MenstrieSaint said:

two bids previously knocked back for a left back , hope its third time lucky , just a pity he,s probably cuptied

7 hours ago, scottd said:

If it is Calum Waters of Alloa then he is cup tied for both the cups that we are on course to win.

League safety is our priority.   

Thought I'd post for those that can't access the link.  Good words and Good Luck Kyle!

St Mirren Football Club can announce that Kyle McAllister has left the club to sign for English Championship side Derby County.

The 18 year-old joins the Rams on a three-and-a-half year deal for an undisclosed fee. 

Kyle made 18 appearances for the Buddies, scoring once in a Scottish Cup tie against Spartans - a goal that won him Goal of The Round. 

The midfielder was thankful to the club for giving him the opportunity as a player and admits he feels it's the right time for him to take the next step in his development.

I'm delighted, but nervous," he said. "It's going to be new to me moving away from my family, but what an opportunity it is to become a top player. 

"My time at the club has been amazing. Of any club in Scotland this is probably the best for an opportunity in the first team. Growing up here through the 15s and 16s you still get your opportunity to play with the older ones and it's an amazing club. They do the best they can for you and they've done the best they can for me. 

"The gaffer and Allan [McManus] have pushed me. The gaffer gave me my chance and it's them who have gotten me to where I am. David Longwell was also a big part of it and I hope he's delighted for me as well. Jack Ross has been amazing mentor and he's just let me go and do what I can do."

Kyle also confessed that the club will have a special place in his heart after giving him the chance to prove himself in the first team and also took time to express his gratitude to the Saints fans.

I wasn't a St Mirren fan when I was younger, but the club will always be big in my heart. They'll always be a big part of me and I'll always say that. All I want is for this club to stay up and then try to get back into the Premiership soon. 

"I want to say thanks to the St Mirren supporters. They've supported me since I first came into the first team and everything I've seen from them is positive. I just thought now was the perfect time to move, but the fans have been brilliant and I just want to say thanks to them."

3 minutes ago, Vambo57 said:

We don't know the sum (or add-ons) as yet, but I'm sure we will in time.

Tony Fitzfantasist aka the chief exec saying in the PDE online version it's nearer double the 200k being banded about - presumably that means with add-on's but far more realistic.

1 minute ago, Vambo57 said:

I'm delighted, but nervous," he said. "It's going to be new to me moving away from my family, but what an opportunity it is to become a top player. 

"My time at the club has been amazing. Of any club in Scotland this is probably the best for an opportunity in the first team. Growing up here through the 15s and 16s you still get your opportunity to play with the older ones and it's an amazing club. They do the best they can for you and they've done the best they can for me. 

"The gaffer and Allan [McManus] have pushed me. The gaffer gave me my chance and it's them who have gotten me to where I am. David Longwell was also a big part of it and I hope he's delighted for me as well. Jack Ross has been amazing mentor and he's just let me go and do what I can do."

Media department at least managed to get a testimonial out of him before he left!  Hopefully will come in handy for the guys getting promising youngsters to sign up with us over the bigot brothers.

2 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Tony Fitzfantasist aka the chief exec saying in the PDE online version it's nearer double the 200k being banded about - presumably that means with add-on's but far more realistic.

If it was 400k the fee would be disclosed!

We know we have been shafted here so we'll try and keep the sum quiet and pretend it never happened.

1 minute ago, Kemp said:

We know we have been shafted here so we'll try and keep the sum quiet and pretend it never happened.

Undisclosed is commonplace now for transfer fees. Either one side doesn't want to be seen as overspending, or the other doesn't want to be seen as underselling. 

Just now, Soctty said:

Undisclosed is commonplace now for transfer fees. Either one side doesn't want to be seen as overspending, or the other doesn't want to be seen as underselling. 

Fair point, Derby probably didn't want to disclose the massive fees they are throwing about.

7 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

I heard it's more than £225k that was being talked about. I'd guess £250k with a 15-20% sell on clause.

33 minutes ago, Kemp said:

Or maybe we don't want to let one of his development clubs know the full amount. :whistle

Joking aside, who exactly is getting shafted.

As I have posted before, I now accept that if we get any kid that shines even a wee bit and gets some sort of attention - they'll be off. McAllister is off, very best of luck to the young man, and I hope what I'm about to post is wrong - 18 games, one for every year of his life, one goal. Reading his farewell statement there are comments along the lines of 'this is the right time to move' etc. I completely disagree with that. I think it is too early, there have been other recent examples where kids just like McAllister have jumped from Aberdeen and Dundee United after what seemed like ten minutes in the first team - and they have disappeared when they left. It will be interesting to see how he gets on. I simply don't believe that the 'right time' for any young Scottish player to move is after less than 20 first team games (probably didn't even play the full 90 mins in all of them either), having scored precisely one goal, have probably still got trouble getting served in a bar, and shaving is still a novelty. Good luck to the boy though.