World Cup Russia 2018

St.Ricky

23 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Glad to see England go through this a young team. Can't say I'm jumping around I'm Scottish but credit to a young England team. 

For once an England team with heart.  Colombia's behaviour was embarrassing at times and they took the word fight too literally. 

For once an England team with heart.  Colombia's behaviour was embarrassing at times and they took the word fight too literally. 

You’re spot on re Columbia’s behaviour Ricky, but England’s antics were poor too on several occasions. The difference is that the media coverage leans so heavily towards England that they skip over the naughty English antics like the diving, Sterling raising his hands, Henderson’s wee backward headbut and Young’s challenge over the top of the ball. Reckon that’s why so many of us up here want them out, so we can just enjoy the tournament without the ridiculous overhyped ‘Footballs coming home’ nonsense. Columbia were a shower though.

8 hours ago, Balmullo Bud said:

You’re spot on re Columbia’s behaviour Ricky, but England’s antics were poor too on several occasions. The difference is that the media coverage leans so heavily towards England that they skip over the naughty English antics like the diving, Sterling raising his hands, Henderson’s wee backward headbut and Young’s challenge over the top of the ball. Reckon that’s why so many of us up here want them out, so we can just enjoy the tournament without the ridiculous overhyped ‘Footballs coming home’ nonsense. Columbia were a shower though.

I'm just surprised England players did not get phisical sooner Columbia would get anyone wound up with their behaviour. 

18 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

I'm just surprised England players did not get phisical sooner Columbia would get anyone wound up with their behaviour. 

They were both at it from the start. The English were just that wee bit more subtle at it. If they had bothered to use the VAR properly, this would have been obvious to the ref.

1 minute ago, windae cleaner said:

Who by?

They will beat Sweden

Russia done well so far but their luck will run out

Croatia very weak at the back and struggled to get through their last game

Good as in the final

Sweden will be difficult but England's defence is strong enough to cope, probably, with their direct approach.

I expect Croatia to beat Russia who are average.

England v Croatia in the semi..............could be a good match but nothing is certain. 

13 minutes ago, windae cleaner said:

Who by?

They will beat Sweden

Russia done well so far but their luck will run out

Croatia very weak at the back and struggled to get through their last game

Good as in the final

It's more wishful thinking on my part. 

They'll probably never have a better chance of getting to the final. 

This is a great WC, its so unpredictable, and whilst England have had a relatively easy trip so far, it still doesn't cover the fact that when they play Saturday, another 2  "fancied" teams will be out. Germany, Spain, Argentina, Portugal all gone. Belgium , Croatia and England also survived by the skin of their teeth. Russia will be no push overs. Remember South Korea against all the odds got to the Semis at their tourney in 2002.

Only Uruguay, France and Brazil have been mainly untroubled and they are all in same half................

I am enjoying this so much, yes England are not, and ever have been a good team to watch, however they are superb at set plays, they have so many good in the air, and they also have a lot of belief.

Regardless whether your supporting England or not. Southgate def has the team, he talks sense, he doesn't react to the press and he also got his subs spot on, and his one loss could well be the secret to his success....

Just remember if England do win the WC 2 major pluses

1. They will stop talking about 1966

2. England will like itself again, and  presently the opposite presides , which is  the main reason the UK is in such a bloody mess.......................

Edited by DougJamie

England beat Tunisia with almost the last kick of the ball. Two of their goals against a shite Panama side were penalties. Belgium’s reserves beat their reserves, and their goal last night was another penalty.

England are shite, and when they finally face a strong opponent who field their first XI, they are going to get their arses handed to them on a plate.

26 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

England beat Tunisia with almost the last kick of the ball. Two of their goals against a shite Panama side were penalties. Belgium’s reserves beat their reserves, and their goal last night was another penalty.

England are shite, and when they finally face a strong opponent who field their first XI, they are going to get their arses handed to them on a plate.

Pretty Irrelevant, Belgium are no 3 the World, 4 of the goals against Panama weren't pens and they beat Tunisia. Stop being racist......      

1 hour ago, pozbaird said:

Maybe but i got a feeling it won't be this World Cup

Got shades of Greece's triumph about it

On 7/4/2018 at 2:57 PM, DougJamie said:

This is a great WC, its so unpredictable, and whilst England have had a relatively easy trip so far, it still doesn't cover the fact that when they play Saturday, another 2  "fancied" teams will be out. Germany, Spain, Argentina, Portugal all gone. Belgium , Croatia and England also survived by the skin of their teeth. Russia will be no push overs. Remember South Korea against all the odds got to the Semis at their tourney in 2002.

Only Uruguay, France and Brazil have been mainly untroubled and they are all in same half................

I am enjoying this so much, yes England are not, and ever have been a good team to watch, however they are superb at set plays, they have so many good in the air, and they also have a lot of belief.

Regardless whether your supporting England or not. Southgate def has the team, he talks sense, he doesn't react to the press and he also got his subs spot on, and his one loss could well be the secret to his success....

Just remember if England do win the WC 2 major pluses

1. They will stop talking about 1966

2. England will like itself again, and  presently the opposite presides , which is  the main reason the UK is in such a bloody mess.......................

I think England have as good a chance of winning as anyone left in the tournament. Despite my antipathy towards the WC in general I have watched a couple of their matches and they are looking pretty good. Will be watching tomorrow with my daughter who is English.

As for Poz and people like him, they might want to reflect that is no longer 1745 or 1314. The country has moved on. Our house for one was happy to see England win against Colombia and will be happy to see them win through to next weekend if it needs it. Poz can say that this anti-English thing  is all about Lineker etc all he likes but it clearly isn't. As for blaming the English for getting a bit carried away? It's called passion FFS. To criticise the English for this is childish and pathetic. Can you imagine what we would be like if Scotland were in this position? I envy them their excitement.

Happy to see England win the cup as long as they play well enough to deserve it.

Edited by oaksoft

1 hour ago, smcc said:

Where were the stone(wall) penalties?

One perhaps smcc but I take your point. 

How Brazil didn't win,  given the number of chances and possession they had defeats me..... But Belgium looked a very good team tonight. 

My tip..... France