Livingston v St. Mirren 20th April

11 hours ago, DLBud said:

Agreed, however, he’s right. These pitches make economic sense for the clubs that have them and I don’t see them disappearing anytime soon unfortunately.

Maybe if they had to pay for a grass pitch they couldn't afford to be in the top league. .after all both of the teams in question are a bit short of fans. .

22 hours ago, proudtobeabuddy said:

Great win yesterday and brilliant support! If we can at least get level on points by the time we play Hamilton we can all but seal it by beating them due to our superior goal difference. 

Our fate is now in our own hands - that's something few thought we'd be able to say a few weeks ago when we were 7 adrift of 10th. I'm very confident we are more than capable of finishing the job over the next few weeks.

12 hours ago, DLBud said:

Agreed, however, he’s right. These pitches make economic sense for the clubs that have them and I don’t see them disappearing anytime soon unfortunately.

I'd be interested to see the actual figures on this though. My local team Largs Thistle has a plastic pitch and the make a bit of money off it but not a huge amount.

That bit of money is relatively significant to a small junior team like Largs but in comparison to the revenue of a Scottish premiership team I'd imagine it would be absolutely tiny.

If they were making anything worth talking about from the pitch I'm sure more teams like ourselves would be copying it. You've seen the extent our board will go to make a few more quid with the whole old firm fans allocation f**k up.

16 minutes ago, Soctty said:

Our fate is now in our own hands - that's something few thought we'd be able to say a few weeks ago when we were 7 adrift of 10th. I'm very confident we are more than capable of finishing the job over the next few weeks.

I agree we are more than capable of winning every game till the end of the season but something tells me we'll need a bit of luck along the way, but as they say....you make your own luck.

8 minutes ago, LargsBud said:

I'd be interested to see the actual figures on this though. My local team Largs Thistle has a plastic pitch and the make a bit of money off it but not a huge amount.

That bit of money is relatively significant to a small junior team like Largs but in comparison to the revenue of a Scottish premiership team I'd imagine it would be absolutely tiny.

If they were making anything worth talking about from the pitch I'm sure more teams like ourselves would be copying it. You've seen the extent our board will go to make a few more quid with the whole old firm fans allocation f**k up.

I don’t think it’s just the “money making” but more of the “cost saving” for a lot of these clubs. If their first, development and youth teams can all train in it too that is a lot of money saved from trying to find grass training facilities etc

I’m not saying I think they should stay, I hated playing on them and even more so watching games on them.

Edited by WeeBud

On 4/9/2019 at 9:18 AM, Lord Pityme said:

He hasn't set foot on a plastic pitch since then! We'll,see if he is in the squad and used next Saturday.

Looks like your " source " at QOS might have got things wrong with regards to Gary Macs fitness then. 

21 minutes ago, turrabuddie said:

Off topic, and hopefully irrelevant, but does anyone know the dates for the play-offs?

(Trying to plan a works event and do not want a clash)

I think they are on 22nd and 26th of May.

1 minute ago, Lord Pityme said:

It was a year ago, before he had his operation. I did note he didnt play for 90 mins though.

I think the change was more tactical than anything else. Anyway,  it's good to have a nearly full squad going into the last few games.

3 minutes ago, munoz said:

I think the change was more tactical than anything else. Anyway,  it's good to have a nearly full squad going into the last few games.

Exactly.

You don't need three centre halves against ten men.

Mac was the obvious player to be subbed given he's only just back from injury.

6 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

Now was it tactical, or because of injury return and placcy pitch?

Maybe it was also because he wasn't playing that well either. Lost in in the box at one point trying to run with it out, but Baird rescued him and at the goal they scored, he was culpable, as was P. McGinn, Erhahon, Popescu, and Hladky.

We looked far more assured after he went off . . .

Edited by Sweeper07