Sign in to follow this  
Isle Of Bute Saint

St Mirren v Hamilton Mon 13th May

Does he love the club? This is the proverbial ultra pessamist who never predicts anything positive results wise for our lads. He predicted Accies would win 2-0 tonight. No idea why he bothers supporting a team that has historically had more downs than ups.

🤣 Elvis loves the club as much as anyone else. Stop biting. It’s what he wants and to be fair to him we are all a pessimistic lot at heart. COYS

I still think the likeliest scenario on Saturday is a StJ victory and a StM draw = 10th place by goal difference!
How sweet is that?
It's the St Mirren way,
I'll take that but don't think I can handle the 90 mins unless St Johnstone go 3 up in first quarter of an hour.

Great result. Performance was ok. But one thing that doesn't work is Mullen and Jackson upfront. There to similar. Thought Cooke done well when he came on. Great to have Magennis back thought was faultless tonight. Clean sheet and 2 goals its down to this Saturday. OK has done a great job when you consider the dross Stubbs left him. Looking for his countryman Tommy Wright to do us a favour.

Hands up, who else thought: Saints against 9 men - what can possibly go wrong?

Not a great game but very exciting and we were always in control despite Hamilton’s negative approach. The assault on Gary Mac was worth 3 red cards.

Flynn seemed to inspire the rest of the team when he came on. Got to hope he’s got 90 minutes in him on Saturday.

Great to see two Academy boys doing the business against the Accies.

First 10/15 minutes of 2nd half reminded me of first half v Livingston where we made it easy for 10 men to just let us shuffle ball from side to side. 

Flynn coming on and he headed straight for McAllister to tell him to play further up the park this change and Mcginn made the difference. 

4 minutes ago, santaponsasaint said:

Great result. Performance was ok. But one thing that doesn't work is Mullen and Jackson upfront. There to similar. Thought Cooke done well when he came on. Great to have Magennis back thought was faultless tonight. Clean sheet and 2 goals its down to this Saturday. OK has done a great job when you consider the dress Stubbs left him. Looking for his countryman Tommy Wright to do us a favour.

This dress?

Asos-wedding-guest-dresses-8.jpg

5 minutes ago, doonhamer said:

Hands up, who else thought: Saints against 9 men - what can possibly go wrong?

Not a great game but very exciting and we were always in control despite Hamilton’s negative approach. The assault on Gary Mac was worth 3 red cards.

Flynn seemed to inspire the rest of the team when he came on. Got to hope he’s got 90 minutes in him on Saturday.

Great to see two Academy boys doing the business against the Accies.

When he went off injured I said as much to the wife. Thankfully lightning didn't strike twice

Before the game all we asked for was a chance on the last day. We got it. But more than that we saw a team who were patient and had the energy to see it through, We now have one more cup final to play and that's all that's in our hands. After that we need to hope a depleted, demoralised Accies fail to win. It's onwards and northwards for the Saint Mirren Aggro.

40 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

we won that match the right way.  Gogic suspended, Miller injured and a squad so run down they turned to Dougie Imrie to try and turn it round

Imrie could be the c**t who sends us into the playoffs. With him retiring at the end of the season you can guarantee he’ll do what he can to keep them up, and he definitely won’t want to finish off with relegation.

Cracking result for us tonight, keep ourselves in the fight and Accies are under pressure now.

1 hour ago, Gosport Buddie said:

Win bonuses???

And what professional would be happy getting beat by Hamilton . . . I think the best Hamilton can hope for is a draw...

We need to win . . . Dee are very poor . . . Let's go forward in style >>>> :magic

Think I will go the away end at the plazzy bottle pitch on Saturday with my ghetto blaster and make sure the fakes here some noise from the away end? Can't see many travelling down from Perth. Any spare drums kicking about?

2 hours ago, saintnextlifetime said:

5786 buddies here 

I thought that was a great turn out from the Faithful.  I usually turn up half an hour before KO but tonight the parking spaces has gone.  .

I thought the guys all put in a great shift but when Ryan Flynn came on it changed the game for us , he was well and truly up for the challenge.  With the amount of shots we had ( l think something like 30 in total) it was only a matter of time til we buried it . They threw everything in front of us to stop us scoring but they failed to endure. Looked like Mackinnon should have walked for basically assaulting Danny , along with the guy who fouled Gary about 6 times.  Mr Collom often gets it wrong and either ignores the Linesman or overides his decision.   .

4 minutes ago, thomsons dropped it said:

BBC has Accies with 50% possession tonight........Really ??????

Aye but they have included their physical abuse as double time -  :bounce2

Edited by Sweeper07