Gies a Signing! ...

How will the masses react to the signings of (if they happen) Jordan White and Sam Foley?

read on here posters suggesting White wouldnt be the first choice for the jersey, if thats the case why would Goody sign him?

if he's bringing in a 'better' striker, and he's got Cooke, Mullen and a couple of youngsters, what does he need another bench warmer for? Are Cooke and/or Mullen on the way oot?

similarly with Foley, we already have an abundance of midfielders, rumour is Tansey is part of a swap for White, but that still leaves us overstaffed in that area especially if we are still after K McAllister! 

Could it be he's decided S McGinn wont be his midfield anchor this season? Depending what pish you buy into, our captain has been injured since... well since we sold him years ago!

both White and Foley its fair to say arent what you might call 'Marquee' signings, and fans will have to be realistic as to what they'll bring to the table. Seen a bit of White, imo he's a championship player who isnt always first pick! Foley i know nothing about, so here's hoping he can give us some much needed steel in the middle.

tbh, if this is the market we are now operating in, then imo we will be adrift by the end of the first quarter, the only question being would anyone else be adrift with us?

having said all that i fully expect a make shift side get a point at Easter Rd and twist my arm into waving goodbye to £5+ for a pint in Edinburgh. Happy days... well i suppose there are always plenty of tourists to 'bushwack' in the loos.

26 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

How will the masses react to the signings of (if they happen) Jordan White and Sam Foley?

read on here posters suggesting White wouldnt be the first choice for the jersey, if thats the case why would Goody sign him? Premier Teams typically have at least 4 strikers - we currently have 2 and 1 is now out injured. They don't typically play with 4 strikers on the park at the same time in games.

if he's bringing in a 'better' striker, and he's got Cooke, Mullen and a couple of youngsters, what does he need another bench warmer for? Substitutions    Are Cooke and/or Mullen on the way oot? Naw ya dafty, Cooke is injured though

similarly with Foley, we already have an abundance of midfielders, rumour is Tansey is part of a swap for White, but that still leaves us overstaffed in that area especially if we are still after K McAllister! 

Could it be he's decided S McGinn wont be his midfield anchor this season? Goodie wants a team that is better, some new players will come in and some old ones will eventually go - that is how it works  Depending what pish you buy into, our captain has been injured since... well since we sold him years ago!

both White and Foley its fair to say arent what you might call 'Marquee' signings, and fans will have to be realistic as to what they'll bring to the table. Seen a bit of White, imo he's a championship player who isnt always first pick! Foley i know nothing about, so here's hoping he can give us some much needed steel in the middle. Both players will improve our squad and our team... White can score goals and may be a 1st choice or on as a sub in games.. Remember Bobby Torrance from the bench?

tbh, if this is the market we are now operating in, then imo we will be adrift by the end of the first quarter, the only question being would anyone else be adrift with us? NO GAMES HAVE BEEN PLAYED YET AND YOU HAVE US ADRIFT - IS MISERY WORLD FUN?

having said all that i fully expect a make shift side get a point at Easter Rd and twist my arm into waving goodbye to £5+ for a pint in Edinburgh. Happy days... well i suppose there are always plenty of tourists to 'bushwack' in the loos.

Answers in ORANGE above

12 minutes ago, turrabuddie said:

What the latest we can sign and register a player in time to play for us against Hibs this weekend ?

What's the chance we can field a team on Saturday against Hibs?

PS: I see we got gubbed 7-1 by Hearts in a closed door friendly yesterday.

Just now, foxbar_bud said:

They were retweeting an SPFL link to their fantasy football account, nothing to do with Saints

Is that where Gus is scouting, in the 'Fantasy Football' league..?

explains a lot i suppose. Good grief think of the turmoil, upheaval and lack of continuity if we hadn't employed Gus 10 months ago?

1 minute ago, foxbar_bud said:

They were retweeting an SPFL link to their fantasy football account, nothing to do with Saints

Or it was Kyle Gunn reeling a too-early tweet back in.

he has been ruminating on 4 signings for a day or two....

1 minute ago, delpierro said:

Cooke, is shit, anyway, mind, so is St Mirren.
The club is a total, f**kin' shambles, presently.
Fitzpatrick and co., have to stand up and be counted, and resign if we are relegated.

More backroom staff than fit players

Not good enough the season has already started never mind Saturday

Those shocking results and performances should have had arses in gear

2 weeks later still nothing

Wage thieves