Jump to content

Poll - The Family Stand Debate


Saints seats or bigot seats  

90 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, WeeBud said:

In fairness it wasn’t a throw away comment it was used as a central point as to how things would be done differently.....I have some sympathy with the commercial decision that has been made but in my opinion GLS    should at least have come out and said why things have changed and that possibly his original “statement” was a wee bit foolhardy

I have the feeling that you may well be right in all that you say here. Still looking back rather than forward though. 

Has anyone questioned what would be the position going forward if e.g. The whole family end sold out through a half-season Saints from Santa campaign which saw all of the South Stand sold out? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


1 minute ago, St.Ricky said:

I have the feeling that you may well be right in all that you say here. Still looking back rather than forward though. 

Has anyone questioned what would be the position going forward if e.g. The whole family end sold out through a half-season Saints from Santa campaign which saw all of the South Stand sold out? 

Looking forward Ricky these conversations and debates will continue until the situation is addressed either by change or a suitable explanation from the top

Link to comment
Share on other sites

What would the club do if:

We sold out the West and Main Stands with season ticket holders...

But only half the Family Stand?

Knowing they can fill the Family Stand with mutants three times a season, would they still kick out our own fans knowing they wouldn’t be able to enter the West/Main stands, or take the financial loss and allow our own fans in the Family Stand?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

What would the club do if:

We sold out the West and Main Stands with season ticket holders...

But only half the Family Stand?

Knowing they can fill the Family Stand with mutants three times a season, would they still kick out our own fans knowing they wouldn’t be able to enter the West/Main stands, or take the financial loss and allow our own fans in the Family Stand?

A point I have posed many times CS. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

A point I have posed many times CS. 

 

No.  Cornwall Saint IS actually making a point.

You have never actually made any points.  You equivocate.  Always - other than things you may do tomorrow.  Riveting stuff, btw...  :rolleyes:

 

I can't understand why you have so many fences upon which to perch when the idea of a forum is surely to debate.  :(

 

Yes, you have suggested that the way to ridding our ground of some pollution is by Saints fans coughing up to buy more season tickets in the other stands so that the Family Stands people would have nowhere to be shifted to.  A suggestion that, as you are probably well aware, is unlikely to be effected in the foreseeable future - so - a non-commitment by you.  Yet again.

Cornwall Saint asks the pertinent point of what might happen then - if such a sell-out were to miraculously occur. 

Would the vile sevco masses be allowed to share their 'family' space, in continued chase of the Bigot buck?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, antrin said:

No.  Cornwall Saint IS actually making a point.

You have never actually made any points.  You equivocate.  Always - other than things you may do tomorrow.  Riveting stuff, btw...  :rolleyes:

 

I can't understand why you have so many fences upon which to perch when the idea of a forum is surely to debate.  :(

 

Yes, you have suggested that the way to ridding our ground of some pollution is by Saints fans coughing up to buy more season tickets in the other stands so that the Family Stands people would have nowhere to be shifted to.  A suggestion that, as you are probably well aware, is unlikely to be effected in the foreseeable future - so - a non-commitment by you.  Yet again.

Cornwall Saint asks the pertinent point of what might happen then - if such a sell-out were to miraculously occur. 

Would the vile sevco masses be allowed to share their 'family' space, in continued chase of the Bigot buck?

 

Wind back on this and similar threads. 

Naturally, I agree with Cs. 

I'll go further. 

I'll happily pay for an under 18 half season ticket when they become available. Will you? If so, then for around £28 with 1.000 others doing the same we can sell out that stand and test the theory. 

Money where my mouth is. 

Happy to start a thread to enable posters to signal their intention to the board if that helps. 

Edited by St.Ricky
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

What would the club do if:

We sold out the West and Main Stands with season ticket holders...

But only half the Family Stand?

Knowing they can fill the Family Stand with mutants three times a season, would they still kick out our own fans knowing they wouldn’t be able to enter the West/Main stands, or take the financial loss and allow our own fans in the Family Stand?

GLS stated back in the spring that if our fan numbers/ season ticket holders increased it would be reviewed. 

Don't think we need much more than that right now because we’re still a fair bit off this reality. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

GLS stated back in the spring that if our fan numbers/ season ticket holders increased it would be reviewed. 

Don't think we need much more than that right now because we’re still a fair bit off this reality. 

I suggest a simple and straight forward approach. Let's launch a But a Young Bud a half season ticket for Christmas. A bargain at about £28 each. I'll put my money where my mouth is and buy one. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Tommy said:

Well the BOD didn't do it when we played at the old ground.

The old Board still increased prices when the ugly sisters came calling.They also dropped the price of the next home game to make up for it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

What if he's made another mistake or didn't mean it though?
emoji23.pngemoji12.png

Let me be the first to congratulate you on surviving over 40 hours without messaging me after a desperate plea to be left alone. Is there a Baz equivalent to a nicotine patch that cold help you here going even longer or not at all? Cold turkey doesn't seem to be working. 

I'm sure he's made many other mistakes & learning's.   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Wind back on this and similar threads. 

Naturally, I agree with Cs. 

I'll go further. 

I'll happily pay for an under 18 half season ticket when they become available. Will you? If so, then for around £28 with 1.000 others doing the same we can sell out that stand and test the theory. 

Money where my mouth is. 

Happy to start a thread to enable posters to signal their intention to the board if that helps. 

Good for you. 

You're are well up your own arse. 

Walter Mitty. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, St.Ricky said:

Ah.. More sparkling rhetoric and not a positive idea in sight. 

Because you can't comprehend any post anybody makes. 

Sober up jakey. 

Could be anything more positive for St Mirren and Scottish Football by removing Celtic and Sevco.. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, bazil85 said:
20 hours ago, oaksoft said:

TBF plenty of us have tried being direct and failed to get the point across.

Do you seriously not see the problem with those two posts I highlighted today?

I am not even asking you to agree with the sentiment. I just want to know if you can see what everyone else sees?

Nope, not even slightly. 

I must be just as dim, I don't get it either. :wub:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Tommy said:

The correct thing to do. Shame the new board doesn't consider that. 

I'm not 100% sure about this but I think it was the old Board that also put a stop to the next game being cheaper.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, shull said:

Because you can't comprehend any post anybody makes. 

Sober up jakey. 

Could be anything more positive for St Mirren and Scottish Football by removing Celtic and Sevco.. 

Ah..yet more of that wit that has made the Cardonald Cabbie such a hit. Shull.. Get back to being the positive poster you were. The star act on the profile a year or two ago.. Why don't you? 

Edited by St.Ricky
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, HSS said:

I'm not 100% sure about this but I think it was the old Board that also put a stop to the next game being cheaper.

Truth is, I don't know but looking at prices at other clubs grounds they seem to categorise games into different prices with higher prices when e.g. The Big Two, HIbs and Hearts come calling. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Ah..yet more of that wit that has made the Cardonald Cabbie such a hit. Shull.. Get back to being the positive poster you were. The star act on the profile a year or two ago.. Why don't you? 

Proved my point.. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

What would the club do if:

We sold out the West and Main Stands with season ticket holders...

But only half the Family Stand?

Knowing they can fill the Family Stand with mutants three times a season, would they still kick out our own fans knowing they wouldn’t be able to enter the West/Main stands, or take the financial loss and allow our own fans in the Family Stand?

Surely if the West, Main and half the family were all STH, the other half would be used for our fans who pay at the ticket office. Wither they filled it or not. 

Getting kicked out of the stand is bad enough, but I'm sure they wouldn't get as low as kicking their own supporters out of the stadium. The repercussions would be enormous.  

Edited by pod
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...