Coronavirus

faraway saint

All the evidence says that masks don’t work

“A 2019 paper examining the presence of viruses on the surface of medical masks concluded, "Respiratory pathogens on the outer surface of the used medical masks may result in self-contamination." 

https://www.sott.net/article/436447-Masked-Threats-Studies-Reveal-NO-Benefits-to-Global-COVID-19-Facemasks-for-all-Policy

Given that you will be prevented from boarding a plane without a face mask, I wonder how the individuals who refuse to wear face masks will be getting abroad for their "booked" holiday.
Better start flapping your arms.innocent0008.gif&key=c8f2c9d2d7688cae14bfc23b9b46022a4cddd9c88643c4f1fc0b0a2c11630bb0
If you are meaning me I am not refusing to wear a mask, just won't do it if I can avoid it. Will wear 1 when going to supermarket but will avoid other shops.

15 minutes ago, Tommy said:
1 hour ago, FTOF said:
Given that you will be prevented from boarding a plane without a face mask, I wonder how the individuals who refuse to wear face masks will be getting abroad for their "booked" holiday.
Better start flapping your arms.innocent0008.gif&key=c8f2c9d2d7688cae14bfc23b9b46022a4cddd9c88643c4f1fc0b0a2c11630bb0

If you are meaning me I am not refusing to wear a mask, just won't do it if I can avoid it. Will wear 1 when going to supermarket but will avoid other shops.

No you Tam, that fanny @Sue Denim, gobshite he is. :lol:

13 minutes ago, Tommy said:
1 hour ago, FTOF said:

See FS's post.:rolleyes:

Back from England.

Had to use Post Office and Asda.

Against my better instinct put a mask on in both.

Horrible experience.

Hate myself for bending over and taking it with the other sheeple.

Was looking forward to going back into shops but after today, won't be going into any other shops other than those two until this nonsense is lifted.

As an aside, 100% compliance in Asda. 50% in post office.

Town is full of smug bastards thinking they are "doing their bit".

I need a cup of tea and a wee lie doon.

Edited by oaksoft

3 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Back from England.

Horrible experience.

Was looking forward to going back into shops but after today, won't be going into any other shops other than those two until this nonsense is lifted.

sheep GIF

50 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Back from England.

Horrible experience.

In the words of the Wee Man

maxresdefault.jpg

Latest “wall to wall coverage” from @TPAFKATS favourite news outlet

The R number has made a reappearance and is now rising again, despite the ONS report yesterday highlighting that the number of people with the virus has fallen again and now sits at 1 in every 3,900 people (which is lower than the number infected in Scotland according to Nicola Sturgeon).

The best bit is this: 

“the growth rate of COVID-19 infections in England has also risen, from -5% to -2% per day last week, to -4% to -1% per day this weeK”

or to put it another way, the rate of decline has slowed

well it would do if hardly anyone has it!

It’s @TPAFKATS level of stupidity 😂

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-r-number-rises-slightly-in-england-following-lockdown-easing-12025709

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

Back from England.

Horrible experience.

It’s a virtue signaller’s paradise now

3 hours ago, Sue Denim said:

Ignoring this article is from May, the words from it again contradict your claim. "While not a gauge of whether the decisions taken were the right ones"

NHS in Renfrewshire threw 67 sick, elderly people out of hospital and seeded Covid into care homes on the orders of Nicola Sturgeon

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/local-news/renfrewshire-care-homes-covid-19-22330167

You have just said the lock down didn't work, if you don't think there should have been a lock down, where do you think these people should have went? I have asked you this before and you avoid answering because it contradicts your view. Without a lock down the options they'd have had wold have been their care home or hospitals that would factually be dealing with far more Covid patients given we know no lock down would have meant more people getting the virus quicker. 

2 hours ago, FTOF said:

Better start flapping your arms.Innocent smiley 8

They won't be. 

8 minutes ago, Sue Denim said:

Latest “wall to wall coverage” from @TPAFKATS favourite news outlet

The R number has made a reappearance and is now rising again, despite the ONS report yesterday highlighting that the number of people with the virus has fallen again and now sits at 1 in every 3,900 people (which is lower than the number infected in Scotland according to Nicola Sturgeon).

The best bit is this: 

“the growth rate of COVID-19 infections in England has also risen, from -5% to -2% per day last week, to -4% to -1% per day this weeK”

or to put it another way, the rate of decline has slowed

well it would do if hardly anyone has it!

It’s @TPAFKATS level of stupidity 😂

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-r-number-rises-slightly-in-england-following-lockdown-easing-12025709

Almost like the lock down worked and now it's being lifted gradually we are going slightly in the opposite direction... So you were wrong? 

NHS in Renfrewshire threw 67 sick, elderly people out of hospital and seeded Covid into care homes on the orders of Nicola Sturgeon

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/local-news/renfrewshire-care-homes-covid-19-22330167

This is very misleading. Patients transfered out off hospital to carehomes should have been in isolation with full infection control procedures in place ensuring that any risk of spread to other residents was minimal. 

I cannot answer for GG&C healthboard but in a sample survey I have seen, the death rate for patients moved out into care homes is @5% within the first 21 days, so most of the carehome deaths were not patients carrying the disease with them into the care home but contracting it there. Or indeed spreading it there. 

There is a question about how well prepared and equiped the carehomes were, and it very noticeable that there are homes were here single infection events have occured and been contained and others where it has gone through the home like wildfire. And indeed some homes where no infection has occured. 

Certainly decanting patients from hospital appears to have been idea then leaving them in hospital where beds were going to be need and were Covid-19 was most certainly going to be present with the risk of transmission to these vulnerable patients. 

Nice try Carlaw now f**k off 

16 minutes ago, insaintee said:

This is very misleading. Patients transfered out off hospital to carehomes should have been in isolation with full infection control procedures in place ensuring that any risk of spread to other residents was minimal. 

I cannot answer for GG&C healthboard but in a sample survey I have seen, the death rate for patients moved out into care homes is @5% within the first 21 days, so most of the carehome deaths were not patients carrying the disease with them into the care home but contracting it there. Or indeed spreading it there. 

There is a question about how well prepared and equiped the carehomes were, and it very noticeable that there are homes were here single infection events have occured and been contained and others where it has gone through the home like wildfire. And indeed some homes where no infection has occured. 

Certainly decanting patients from hospital appears to have been idea then leaving them in hospital where beds were going to be need and were Covid-19 was most certainly going to be present with the risk of transmission to these vulnerable patients. 

Well argued. 

27 minutes ago, insaintee said:

So, to summarise, Boris wasn't to blame for the high volume of deaths in care homes and was closer to the truth this week when he mentioned that some care homes hadn't followed hygiene guidlines and were, in fact, to blame for the outbreaks and resulting deaths?

You'll not be popular with the witch hunters in here. :lol: