Cowdenbeath v St Mirren, Tue 25th July

That was a strange old night. We huffed and puffed and lacked quality again, against a very poor Cowdenbeath side. Similar performance to the Montrose game. To be fair, their young keeper was superb tonight and made 3 or 4 brilliant saves. 
We were very lucky not concede a pen in the first half and Hemming was lucky to see his blocked kick not end up in the net. Jamieson was one of the few saints players that looked like making something happen and Cowdenbeath struggled with him and Olusanya running at them. 
Dunne off injured again. 
I liked the look of Nachmani and could see him developing into a really good signing for us. He’ll be ahead of Greive in the pecking order. Still not convinced with  Mandron but early days.
A wee word for Zach Hemming tonight. Other than his charged down clearance, he played well. I saw him going over to greet his partner and baby at full-time. He looked relieved like the rest of us with the late win and his wee kid had a mini  saints top on. It’s not his fault that he’s not Carson (who we need to punt soon for a fee-can’t see him playing for us again and we need to move on). Hopefully Zach’s confidence and performances continue to build under the guidance of Langfield, like Carson’s did for us. 
One minute away from going out the cup and a pretty poor performance, but we still found a way. Maybe our name is on the cup this season… 😜

Anyone mind a few years back when Craig Levein made a right erse of himself by celebrating wildly when Scotland scored an injury time winner at home to Liechtenstein? 
Well that was just about me tonight. 🤣

Went along expecting to politely applaud 4 or 5 goals. Not to be. We were garbage. 
Still, f**k it. Job done. Least said about the performance the better. 

4 hours ago, turrabuddie said:

Not much action to report on from the game then ……

It was not a balmy night graced with good football

we fid create., sorry have, a lot of chances and the goal apart only 3 were close to being played well

without being brilliant their goalie was the man of the match and he deserved a clean sheet

some of our passing was terrible as was the positioning of most players and we never made the clear physical difference work for ourselves

we really are way short of the pace in any game that O’Hara misses

1 hour ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Anyone mind a few years back when Craig Levein made a right erse of himself by celebrating wildly when Scotland scored an injury time winner at home to Liechtenstein? 
Well that was just about me tonight. 🤣

Went along expecting to politely applaud 4 or 5 goals. Not to be. We were garbage. 
Still, f**k it. Job done. Least said about the performance the better. 

After travelling 600 miles to watch the Saints Jersey you deserved that celebration,

Well Done Clapping GIF by MOODMAN

It's 11 against 11 and the biggest game of the season for the Cowdenbeath players and they are up for it, these games are never easy for any team 

3 hours ago, portmahomack saint said:

After travelling 600 miles to watch the Saints Jersey you deserved that celebration,

Well Done Clapping GIF by MOODMAN

It's 11 against 11 and the biggest game of the season for the Cowdenbeath players and they are up for it, these games are never easy for any team 

I read that wrong. Or did I?🙄

Sounds like the players didn't turn up again.

Edited by stlucifer