St Mirren v Motherwell Scottish League Cup 19th August 2023

shull

13 hours ago, Albanian Buddy said:

So I assume you are the one recovering from your second hip replacement.

If you don’t mind me asking how long ago was your surgery and what stage are you in your rehab? 

Is it advisable to be going into a football stadium with stairs and boisterous fans jumping around and bumping into you?

If you can’t currently travel by public transport perhaps you might be better to stay at home and get yourself fit for Hampden!

Thanks for your advice. My rehab is going well. I’ve never travelled by public transport to a game. By the time of the match I will be around 4 weeks in and walking an average of 4,000 steps a day and carrying out physio exercises 4 times a day. I take a cushion with me and our season ticket seats are over a vomitory exit with a rail affixed in front. Normally my two 6ft 4inch sons are with me. I enter early from the car park into the west stand and leave late. The stairs have no handrails so avoid any crush there. Stewards on the gates have been great at letting me in without going through the turnstile and other fans have been marvellous in making sure I have had space. All in all - good for the body and the mind.

My pet hate playing Motherwell is their embarrassing "wee hard men" schoolboy section. More annoying is the fact that Motherwell FC actively encourage these mini-morons to congregate together to create the public nuisance. On their Official Club website they are encouragong them to buy tickets for the "singing section" N1 (well actually they say "signing section" but I reckon we know what they mean).

13 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

My pet hate playing Motherwell is their embarrassing "wee hard men" schoolboy section. More annoying is the fact that Motherwell FC actively encourage these mini-morons to congregate together to create the public nuisance. On their Official Club website they are encouragong them to buy tickets for the "singing section" N1 (well actually they say "signing section" but I reckon we know what they mean).

I'm all for encouraging ultras and creating a good atmosphere, but I agree that there's no need for the hard man routine. I suppose I could be a bit of a dickheid when I was young, though.

7 hours ago, W6er said:

I'm all for encouraging ultras and creating a good atmosphere, but I agree that there's no need for the hard man routine. I suppose I could be a bit of a dickheid when I was young, though.

Like most on here, I'm not sure you needed the bit in bold. Our Ultras are jus as bad and though, not openly, our club won't want to discourage their "enthusiasm", within the law.

Just now, StanleySaint said:

See that O'Hara will be missing for Motherwell and Aberdeen, real chance for Baccus and Boyd-Munce to show what they've got on the assumption that Robinson sticks with Gogic at CH.

I would like to see Gogic in that midfield role but I'm not convinced Bolton is a secure CH. FWIW, I think Robinson will put Gogic at the heart of the defence.

Was feeling confident about this game until I saw Motherwell's new guy, Biereth, on Sportscene on Sunday. On loan from Arsenal, big strong lad playing up front, scored a fine goal at the weekend and will need to be kept quiet by our defence. Today I hear that O'Hara is ruled out for this game and another two as well, so not feeling nearly so confident now. Still, as always.....

COYS!!

Was feeling confident about this game until I saw Motherwell's new guy, Biereth, on Sportscene on Sunday. On loan from Arsenal, big strong lad playing up front, scored a fine goal at the weekend and will need to be kept quiet by our defence. Today I hear that O'Hara is ruled out for this game and another two as well, so not feeling nearly so confident now. Still, as always.....
COYS!!
After the foul he wasn't pulled up for before he scored, I believe refs will be watching his physicality more keenly now.

15 hours ago, stlucifer said:

Like most on here, I'm not sure you needed the bit in bold. Our Ultras are jus as bad and though, not openly, our club won't want to discourage their "enthusiasm", within the law.

I knew someone was going to write something like that, when I posted it. Ach, I will turn the other cheek like usual, though...

11 hours ago, pondsman said:

COYS!!

I thought he fouled a defender and was surprised the goal stood, to be honest. Still, I agree he looks good.

A cup run would be tremendous but, without O'Hara, I just feel Robinson doesn't have a replacement due to what looks like a bad decision on Central defence recruitment. As usual I hope I'm wrong and Bolton comes in and plays his part. I think we really need Gogic in midfield ATM.

Still. From what little I've seen of the rest, Saints shouldn't fear any team in this league.

19 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

A cup run would be tremendous but, without O'Hara, I just feel Robinson doesn't have a replacement due to what looks like a bad decision on Central defence recruitment. As usual I hope I'm wrong and Bolton comes in and plays his part. I think we really need Gogic in midfield ATM.

Still. From what little I've seen of the rest, Saints shouldn't fear any team in this league.

Jesus wept, every week, an underhand dig at the manager with the tiresome "I hope I'm wrong". 😴😴😴

5 hours ago, stlucifer said:

Remember the pelters Richard Taylor was getting when he first arrived, not to mention Olusanya, I think the manager knows what he is getting and how to improve them so it may take a bit but Bolton will hopefully follow the same path.

Any team is weakened when you take out the best player.. but we bossed Dundee and Munce produced a quality ball for the 2nd goal.... SR has already taken Well to finals.... and we are at home... last season 33pts at Fortress ...this season played 3 won 3 scored 10 conceded 1.... 3-1 saints....

6 hours ago, DougJamie said:

Any team is weakened when you take out the best player.. but we bossed Dundee and Munce produced a quality ball for the 2nd goal.... SR has already taken Well to finals.... and we are at home... last season 33pts at Fortress ...this season played 3 won 3 scored 10 conceded 1.... 3-1 saints....

Motherwell were one of the few who beat us at home.