St Mirren versus Dundee FC - Saturday, 12th August 2023

W6er

48 minutes ago, elvis said:

Don't know what the f**k your laughing at we sit in w1 and had a clear view of it it was clearly over the line.

For what it’s worth Elvis, we thought so too and this view was strengthened after watching the TV highlights.

Just back from the game, first half sensational going forward, lost my voice after the penny save, celebrated like a goal!

I could have done the linesman’s job in front of the west stand, didn’t make any decisions and let gogic stand on the pitch twice when he was taking a throw in!

5 hours ago, shull said:

FB_IMG_1691890143586.jpg

Unfortunately that doesn't prove anything, the ball is in the air so you can see the whole line under it, it doesn't prove it was over, I didn't realise there was no goal line technology at Prem grounds, much cheaper and proven to be reliable than officials studying VAR.

Shows how far the team has come when fans are frustrated at a goal that wasn’t given when we won anyway. Tbf I am gutted for Grieve, robbed of his second goal from the bench in as many games (it was very clearly over). 

Really enjoyed the majority of the football yesterday as well & the attitude of the players. Fought for everything and controlled most of the match. 

2 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Shows how far the team has come when fans are frustrated at a goal that wasn’t given when we won anyway. Tbf I am gutted for Grieve, robbed of his second goal from the bench in as many games (it was very clearly over). 

Really enjoyed the majority of the football yesterday as well & the attitude of the players. Fought for everything and controlled most of the match. 

Very much agree about Greive (that's how you spell it) he'll be an important squad player for us this season, on the disallowed goal, it very much wasn't 'very clearly over' otherwise there wouldn't be the debate and we'd all be up in arms. 

12 hours ago, guinness said:

First half thought we were excellant. My one concern is we have a couple of players who look to struggle to complete 90 minutes . Boyd Muncie  and Strain. Strain is probably our best player, possibly excepting O,Hara,  but he struggles in the last 10minutes.  I wonder if this is why he has not been sold to a bigger club. 

Maybe down to the amount of work him does in the other 90 mins. (10 to 15 mins of additional time).  

12 hours ago, guinness said:

First half thought we were excellant. My one concern is we have a couple of players who look to struggle to complete 90 minutes . Boyd Muncie  and Strain. Strain is probably our best player, possibly excepting O,Hara,  but he struggles in the last 10minutes.  I wonder if this is why he has not been sold to a bigger club. 

Wing back is the toughest gig on the park and he covers more ground than any other player on the park

He's involved in virtually every attack, he's a totally different player than tanser on the other side who tends to cross the ball in,  Strain takes on players and hits the byline,  on yesterdays performance McMenamin should take some of the Strain off Strain going forward, see what i did there  :rolleyes:

22 minutes ago, portmahomack saint said:

Wing back is the toughest gig on the park and he covers more ground than any other player on the park

He's involved in virtually every attack, he's a totally different player than tanser on the other side who tends to cross the ball in,  Strain takes on players and hits the byline,  on yesterdays performance McMenamin should take some of the Strain off Strain going forward, see what i did there  :rolleyes:

This is more of an issue around our formation.  If Strain is the guy hitting the byline then McMenamin is not playimg the wide forward role he is known for.  We need them to work in different channels with Strain not getting so far forwar so often.  He could be devastating on the right side of central mid rather than very good way out wide.  Maybe Connor has more work to do on fitness at this level and we will see less reliance on Ryan's wee legs.

Edited by beyond our ken

11 hours ago, Scook said:

Just back from the game, first half sensational going forward, lost my voice after the penny save, celebrated like a goal!

I could have done the linesman’s job in front of the west stand, didn’t make any decisions and let gogic stand on the pitch twice when he was taking a throw in!

Correct re linesman , I noticed Gogic standing on the pitch at the throw-ins , and he ignored the only real decisions that he had to make ie the ball out in the first half , and the ball over the line later. VAR is making these new linos lazy ! 

Fantastic result. Should have buried them in first half. Second half we lost just about every 50:50, but still created enough to finish them off. We sat too deep, perhaps forced back a bit by Dundee. Strain got the run around at the back but was immense coming forward. More pluses and minuses and we cannot complain about full points from first two games. Optimistic we will be very competitive this season and threaten a top six place again 

3 hours ago, DougJamie said:

I would rather have grass pitches first than goal line technology...SPFL are happy to gloat on attendances but still allow crap plastic ...  maybe one day.... ps it wasnt a goal as it wasnt given

yes, have to agree much as goal line tech should be here, more to the point plastic pitches shouldn't, in premier grounds.

Just now, jaybee said:

yes, have to agree much as goal line tech should be here, more to the point plastic pitches shouldn't, in premier grounds.

Its not just embarrassing ....as they are not even good plastic pitches...its dangerous.... hopefully one of them will go down...although unlikely...  at least we play on a bowling green...

3 hours ago, StanleySaint said:

Very much agree about Greive (that's how you spell it) he'll be an important squad player for us this season, on the disallowed goal, it very much wasn't 'very clearly over' otherwise there wouldn't be the debate and we'd all be up in arms. 

Unless big Joe has a child’s size 2 boot on, it was over the line. His full foot is behind the line & the ball is a couple of inches even further back hitting his angled shin.