Ross County v St Mirren SPFL PREMIERSHIP 28/11/23

shull

1 minute ago, Hunterian said:

It won’t be the first time. How many Saints recall a Dingwall game being called off just 2 hours prior to kick off?

My one and only call to Jim Traynor I was that upset!

I certainly do recall. That’s why I had said. “It won’t be the first time.”

He also abandoned a home game we were winning 2-0 against Ross County St. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/24681328

Plus I’ve never forgotten how he never sent off Boruc for his scything down of Dargo at Love St, the penalty awarded against Goodwin in the semi final against the same opponents and numerous other controversial decisions. 

3 hours ago, Albanian Buddy said:

I certainly do recall. That’s why I had said. “It won’t be the first time.”

He also abandoned a home game we were winning 2-0 against Ross County St. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/24681328

Plus I’ve never forgotten how he never sent off Boruc for his scything down of Dargo at Love St, the penalty awarded against Goodwin in the semi final against the same opponents and numerous other controversial decisions. 

Just reading that report. We were two up at the break, as you pointed out, and the match is abandoned:

Ross County manager Derek Adams felt Collum "definitely made the right decision".

🤣  🤣  🤣  🤣  🤣  🤣

• shull changed the title to Ross County v St Mirren MATCH POSTPONED
3 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:
48 minutes ago, faraway saint said:
Is there a "cut off" time for a decision if this game goes ahead?
With a drive of over three and a half hours it would need to be soon. 

Yip, now. Games off.

Good decision IMO.

Too much potential for accidents, especially on the return journey when it's dark. 

5 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Good decision IMO.

Too much potential for accidents, especially on the return journey when it's dark. 

It’s a shite decision, I’m already in Inverness and staying over again tonight…….what in the name of the wee man are we going to do on a pissing wet day in the Highland Capital, ach well Hootenany’s and Johnny Foxes it is 🍺🥃🙈

in all seriousness I can see why they made the (correct)  decision early and it saves the day trippers from setting off only to be disappointed and inconvenienced later, hangover here we come.

3 minutes ago, WeeBud said:

It’s a shite decision, I’m already in Inverness and staying over again tonight…….what in the name of the wee man are we going to do on a pissing wet day in the Highland Capital, ach well Hootenany’s and Johnny Foxes it is 🍺🥃🙈

in all seriousness I can see why they made the (correct)  decision early and it saves the day trippers from setting off only to be disappointed and inconvenienced later, hangover here we come.

Watch out in Johnny Foxes, that where (I think) I caught Covid. 

That apart, you could be in worse places. 👍

Edited by faraway saint

2 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Watch out in Johnny Foxes, that where (I think) caught Covid. 

That apart, you could be in worse places. 👍

Wife and I had Covid the other week so hopefully immune, was in Hootenany’s last night and it was the busiest pub I’ve been in since pre-Covid.

I love Inverness but the bummer is that so much of the “cultural”:stuff up here is outdoors and I can’t imagine the wife and daughter are up for walking round Culloden in the rain

21 hours ago, antrin said:

Is the County pitch a good one, well-drained?  Or would even a wee bit rain tip it into boggy conditions?

(one of the few grounds I never got to…)

It’s an excellent pitch.

I may have mentioned I’m in Inverness and weather is currently windy and pissing!

Fair play to County for calling off early and allowing fans to stay put. Only issue for Paisley faithful is if this is now midweek unless it’s played during the cup weekend in Nov.

10 minutes ago, WeeBud said:

Wife and I had Covid the other week so hopefully immune, was in Hootenany’s last night and it was the busiest pub I’ve been in since pre-Covid.

I love Inverness but the bummer is that so much of the “cultural”:stuff up here is outdoors and I can’t imagine the wife and daughter are up for walking round Culloden in the rain

Once the Castle gets renovated in 2025 it’ll be better for those not up for walking, running or climbing.

If you haven’t tried the Black Isle Bar give it a go.

9 minutes ago, Hunterian said:

Once the Castle gets renovated in 2025 it’ll be better for those not up for walking, running or climbing.

If you haven’t tried the Black Isle Bar give it a go.

We’ll wander in to the Black Isle Bar at some-point this afternoon and give it a try 🍺👍

1 hour ago, WeeBud said:

Get yourself into The Gellions at 5.30ish to see Schiehallion. Brilliant band. 👍

1 hour ago, WeeBud said:

FWIW…

The museum and art gallery between the Town House and castle is warm, dry and awfy good for local knowledge, history and natural history.  
And, instead of Culloden, Cawdor Castle is one of the best wee yins to visit.  Also loadsa art, for which the late Laird created information cards that are witty and self-mocking.  ( great gardens, too -  in warmer weather).

And Eden Court (good restaurant/ok bar) has (IMHO) a couple of mediocre movies and a “meh” musical on tonight…

https://eden-court.co.uk/whats-on/all

ETA:

The museum/art galleries is an easy step to The Gellions….  :)

Edited by antrin
New info