Livingston away. 17th Feb

25 minutes ago, shull said:

Ha ha ha Celtic and their fans .

Top of the league añd they're in crisis and want boring boring Brendan sacked.

Ha ha ha to the entitled bigoted cnuts.

Well done dull and dreary Derek and the Ayrshire Killie Boys.

7 minutes ago, elvis said:

We lost this game last week as soon as they beat Thistle we were on a sticky wicket 17 league  games without a win play us next and as usual we oblige. 

If I was a betting man my money would have been on 1-0 for Livi.  It's just us, we always lose to the team that gets relegated.   

25 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

thats the issue Billy, KIlmarnock are where they are on endeavour and some skill.  We don't really seem to be anywhere near the mark when it comes to the crucial ball to the attackers and we are always looking around nervously looking for the other team to get a break

We got the fluke against Dundee, Livi got lucky today.  That is what happens when you don't vary the tactics, relying on a pressing game with no final ball and almost average quality strikers.

What gets me is that the final ball thing can be fixed on the training ground, at least to some extent.

Not true..  I can't remember their Goalkeeper making a save of any note other than a badly taken penalty, 

Livingstone did there job they knew they would get a chance or 2 and that's all they would need, they did what they always do against us,  there was nothing unpredictable about this game 

Dreadful result. Made a number of chances  but finishing awful. Mandron missed a sitter as did Jamieson. Mandron is quite a good player  but not a finisher. Was surprised when he took the penalty . Everyone around me immediately said ,  oh no he will side foot it, . Surprised Boyd Munce or even Gogic did not take the penalty and put their laces through it. Hopefully beat St Johnstone next week but convinced we will lose 1-0 at Ross County as well. Still have no idea why signed Scott on a two year deal as he has not been fit for years.

There is no doubt that we have taken massive strides in the last couple of seasons. We do, however, seem incapable of taking the opportunities to take that next step to cement our position in the higher echelons of the league. The frustration, for me anyway, is that for all the times these opportunities have arisen it inevitably comes in a match that is winnable! Since the break  wins at pittodrie, Easter road and the Dundee games were tremendous results and then today comes……

the incident with the manager at the end is a bit of a concern too 

7 minutes ago, BanburyBud said:

There is no doubt that we have taken massive strides in the last couple of seasons. We do, however, seem incapable of taking the opportunities to take that next step to cement our position in the higher echelons of the league. The frustration, for me anyway, is that for all the times these opportunities have arisen it inevitably comes in a match that is winnable! Since the break  wins at pittodrie, Easter road and the Dundee games were tremendous results and then today comes……

Unearthing a Shankland or Miovski would see us sitting comfortably, even with our poor delivery, in the top 4.

While my ESP wasn't working too well today when Mandron stepped up as the penalty taker I was slightly concerned.

Opportunities, when we were off the boil after a bright start CANNOT be missed.

Scoring at that point and we would have been guaranteed a point and maybe 3 if we'd stepped up.

As for the incident at the end, some of our support while they are entitled to be disappointed, really have short memories as, last season apart, we've been bottom feeders for many years and have no divine right to win games, 

3 hours ago, BanburyBud said:

Have never understood players and management wanting, probably forced, to go to the supporters at the end of a match. An incident waiting to happen. 

6 minutes ago, Hunterian said:

Unbelievable. Find these guys and get rid of them, complete embarrassment.

Aye, there was a similar incident recently when a young Raith Rovers fan was attacked while waiting on a bus by Dunfermline fans.

Fortunately these seem to be rare but these wallpoers should be outed by reasonable Saints supporters as it's more than likely they would be known, and banned for life. 

PS they are not beyond words, utter cnuts, for starters. 

Edited by faraway saint