Paisley Pubs

think the hogshead will be good for hamish's as more spacious for there food side of things plus got the uni there - i frequented the hogshead whilst at uni and going back in september to do my honours so sounds good to me :-)

I was told the Hogshead did alright compared to some other pubs. Used to give a season ticket discount too.

I remember when the original hogshead was closing down and one of the barstaff said that the pub made plenty and was more successful than some of their other ones but one had to go and it was paisley cos you couldnt shut down shawlands no could you haha. so hopefully it'll do ok as hamish's

Hamishes Hoose is moving from Old Sneddon St to the old Hogshead in the High St. Move is happening next month.

boo, i always get a meal in there after coming back from holiday as i usually get flights from prestwick and get the train there and back, i fear they will miss the trade they get from railway station users

The Watermill Hotel has gone into administration.The owners are no longer involved in the running of the hotel but it's still operating as a going concern and all bookings will be honoured.The administrations are confident a buyer will be found.

The Watermill Hotel has gone into administration.The owners are no longer involved in the running of the hotel but it's still operating as a going concern and all bookings will be honoured.The administrations are confident a buyer will be found.

Current owners bought it for £1m plus , they may struggle to sell it !

tried it,,,had three beers then i was home

Years ago I used to live in Kerr St, off Underwood Rd. My mother-in-law decided to visit one night, and I cleared off with the idea of a wee walk and a pub crawl. I headed up Causeyside St, then up Neilston Rd. Had my first pint in Tannahills, second in the Dooslan Stane, third in the Balnagowan, next the Craigdhu, then the Wellington, Tea Gardens, etc, etc.....final one in the Wig and Pen, home, pished, to a rousing reception. Still can't work out how many pints that wasbangin.gif .

Years ago I used to live in Kerr St, off Underwood Rd. My mother-in-law decided to visit one night, and I cleared off with the idea of a wee walk and a pub crawl. I headed up Causeyside St, then up Neilston Rd. Had my first pint in Tannahills, second in the Dooslan Stane, third in the Balnagowan, next the Craigdhu, then the Wellington, Tea Gardens, etc, etc.....final one in the Wig and Pen, home, pished, to a rousing reception. Still can't work out how many pints that wasbangin.gif .

What did your mother-in-law say that upset you so much you buggered off? Or were/are you just no too keen on her?

Usually get a hire of 4 Leverndale workers who always get dropped at Hamishes before getting their Train doon tae Ayrshire.

oops missed the workers bit, thought it might have been windae lickers ohmy.png

Edited by Joe

There's five of us coming up on Saturday from Blackpool for the semi final. I've not had a night out in Paisley for over a decade now and my English mates, not unsurprisingly, never have.

We'll be having a few beers on Saturday night. I'm thinking of us going to the Bull and Paddy Malarky's and generally staying around that area.

Good choice? Any other suggestions? Anywhere to avoid?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

There's five of us coming up on Saturday from Blackpool for the semi final. I've not had a night out in Paisley for over a decade now and my English mates, not unsurprisingly, never have.

We'll be having a few beers on Saturday night. I'm thinking of us going to the Bull and Paddy Malarky's and generally staying around that area.

Greenock

Avoid Paisley, unless your a junkie or a ned, place is a shithole these days

You can't go wrong in that area Mars.Give the College Bar,if it's still open,a miss.The new pub at the top of Storrie St is doing pints of Amstel for £1.90 so might be worth a visit.

And run by the guy that used to own the Buddie Bites snackvan outside St Mirren Park apparently...