How Many Seasons To Go Back Up?

How many seasons do you think it will take us to get back up? The championship has quite a few good teams in and although I hope we go back up in one, I can maybe see us being down for 2 seasons. We need to best prepare and hope the team can be built to do as well as possible for us and get us back to the Premiership,

It's easier to get back up now. Only need to finish 4th and not 1st like in previous years. It depends on whether they can pull the finger out and get the club sold / get a decent manager in etc etc. could be a good few years down there if things drag on like they are now.

We will have more money next season that probably at any other time being in the Championship (parachute payments) so we must make that work for us and aim to do it in one season. Do not even think beyond that.

Like Falkirk, we'll be down for a while. Five seasons IMHO, unless league re-construction rears its ugly head again. Still cannae' find anyone to give me odds on 'Tealey's Tornados' finishing fifth next season, behind two from Sevco / Hibs / Motherwell, Queens and Falkirk.

Bloody bookmakers. Don't they want my tenner?

Relegation and promotion will now be much more common for teams like us.

We just spent 9 years in the top flight, in 4 of those 9 we finished 11th. I don't think it's unreasonable to assume we'd have been relegated prior to now had this playoff system been in place before this season.

I expect we will probably see both promotion to and relegation from the top flight at least once more each in the next 10 years.

If Rangers fail to win the playoffs this year then we will be kept up in the league reconstruction that just so happens to take Rangers into the Premiership.

Even if they don't go up this year, they will be firm favourites to go up next year. Why would there be any need for reconstruction? And even supposing plans for reconstruction were announced, there's no way they would be implemented in time to apply to next season's league.

We will do well to come up in the next five years. There will be a period of adjustment - my guess would be that will take a couple of seasons. After that, we should hope to be challenging for play-off spots.

I would be (very pleasantly) surprised if we return to the top flight before the decade is out, unless aided by league reconstruction.

Even if they don't go up this year, they will be firm favourites to go up next year. Why would there be any need for reconstruction? And even supposing plans for reconstruction were announced, there's no way they would be implemented in time to apply to next season's league.

That's another year of no old firms and no guarantee the would come up the next year, I bet that deal with ladbrokes had a Rangers caveat in it. You underestimate how corrupt football can be lol.gif

It will be years if we continue to slash the budget year in year out while wages increase and crowds dwindle. New owners with some investment will be the only way to speed up a return IMO.

Every club out with Septics and sheep will be slashing budgets, not just us. I wager that a few clubs will go into administration over next few seasons.

How many seasons do you think it will take us to get back up? The championship has quite a few good teams in and although I hope we go back up in one, I can maybe see us being down for 2 seasons. We need to best prepare and hope the team can be built to do as well as possible for us and get us back to the Premiership,

Well 42 is the answer to life the universe and everything so,..........whistling.gif

That's another year of no old firms and no guarantee the would come up the next year, I bet that deal with ladbrokes had a Rangers caveat in it. You underestimate how corrupt football can be :lol

I think we've seen just how corrupt Scottish football is, when a convicted tax fraduster who was branded a glib and shameless liar by a judge, and was also previously involved at the dead club, is proclaimed a fit and proper owner by the complete cunts that are the SFA.

I swear, the only thing I care about in Scottish football are St Mirren. The rest of it can just GTF. Especially Doncaster and Ogilvie.

Ok and the winning lottery numbers are-----------------------

Who thought that Hearts would win League by 26 odd points, Rangers with their borrowed millions be 3rd and QOS be so good on the eye, Falkirk reach cup final.

I reckon will be in the picture if, we get the lead role right. Get the management right get the results.

Never ever has a team be promoted with a crap manager. Well apart from Sevco for 2 years running