New Manager Latest Odds

That happened during Campbell Money’s testimonial game in 1991.  McAvennie played for Saints as a guest in that game.

If I remember correctly, Chick Charnley scored that night, ran behind the goal and gave it plenty to the Rangers crowd........ most of whom were kids [emoji85]
Good night in Carnegie’s after the game.

1 hour ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

Robbie Keane. We could be on his big list of clubs that he's always dreamed playing/managed for. He was probably impressed by us when we spanked them 4-0 and couldn't escape John Potter's back pocket.

13 minutes ago, Hendo said:

Robbie Keane? 

I notice the poster who started this guessing game has now fecked off. 

Feck off, I suggested him first. If it's him I'm taking the credit.

A hell of a player in Scotland imo would have to be an ex old firm player then to be talked about in the way said person is being talked about so my guess would be Laudrup or Larsson??? As they are probably the best 2 old firm players from foreign lands in my lifetime.
Gazza?

I heard it was Arsene Wegner. He is still pissed at being forced out at Arsenal and feels he has something to prove and supported us as a boy after watching us in Mechelin when he dogged school to travel to watch us that night.
It could be his last chance to get one over Fergie by doing something he never managed to do, win us the Cup.

17 minutes ago, Hambud said:
2 hours ago, Sonny said:
I heard it was Arsene Wegner. He is still pissed at being forced out at Arsenal and feels he has something to prove and supported us as a boy after watching us in Mechelin when he dogged school to travel to watch us that night.

It could be his last chance to get one over Fergie by doing something he never managed to do, win us the Cup.

Is your surname Machievelli

29 minutes ago, Hambud said:
3 hours ago, Ronnie said:
A hell of a player in Scotland imo would have to be an ex old firm player then to be talked about in the way said person is being talked about so my guess would be Laudrup or Larsson??? As they are probably the best 2 old firm players from foreign lands in my lifetime.

Gazza?

Sad but the Gazza Strip would be more likely. Fabulous player in his prime.

Been told this morning that the reason candidates have been pulling out of the job race is because Tony Fitzpatrick has been telling them that the club, with the current squad, should be good enough to finish 4th in the league. 

2 minutes ago, StuD said:

Been told this morning that the reason candidates have been pulling out of the job race is because Tony Fitzpatrick has been telling them that the club, with the current squad, should be good enough to finish 4th in the league. 

And you believe that. 

Just now, elvis said:

And you believe that. 

Yes actually. That's come from one of the horses mouths, literally. He said Fitzpatrick told him top 4, and nothing below top 6 would be acceptable. They ruled themselves out at that point. 

2 minutes ago, StuD said:

Yes actually. That's come from one of the horses mouths, literally. He said Fitzpatrick told him top 4, and nothing below top 6 would be acceptable. They ruled themselves out at that point. 

Sound more like something from the horses arse to me.

The lunatics have taken over the asylum here.

I really do feel sorry for Dicko, lives in a complete fantasy world where he is on the phone daily to the top managers of the country.

A "hollywood" appointment like Guti or Henrik Larsonn would be a massive mistake.  These guys aren't suited to the task, no matter how good they were as players.  Also the rumours are a load of made up shite anyway.

Get Robbie Nielson appointed and lets get on with building for next season.

16 minutes ago, StuD said:

Are you Walter Mitty's less socially adept brother?

An expectation of a top four finish would suggest the manager will have a few bob to put a decent squad together , I don,t think this will be the case , common sense and livi8ng within our means is very much how the current board operate , with this in mind , our new manager will be a person with decent contacts who is able to maximise whatever budget we have ,  the guy Oran Kearney from Coleraine sounds interesting , his appointment if it happens would be similar to Sunderland going for Jack Ross , but if he were to come I would  think it would make sense for him to have an assistant who is familiar with the game in Scotland , my first choice though , would be Robbie Neilson.

8 minutes ago, StuD said:

As far as I am aware the only person to have ruled themselves out was Jim Goodwin. Was Hopkin and Lambert ever spoken too. 

23 minutes ago, StuD said:

StuD you getting horses and unicorns mixed up?  There is no way anyone at our club would place that demand having just been promoted, haven't a manager and full compliment of players.  TF might have that dream in his fantasy land but I am sure establishing us as a premiership club  and survival this season will be the key aim.

Edited by nedflanders123

37 minutes ago, StuD said:

31 minutes ago, StuD said:

That's come from one of the horses mouths, literally.

So it's literally come from a horse? :lol:

Stop talking to horses, stop making up shite, stop being a f**king troll.

I suspect Stu's imaginary candidate/confidante/mate/whatever is John Kennedy in this instance.

Of course, it would be mere coincidence that Kennedy, having been a nailed on certainty for the gig, has pulled out after all, thus averting any further suggestion that the source of this exclusive confirmation was talking utter shite.