Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

I think we still require a bit of depth.

Certainly don't want a McGowan/Harkins type dilemma again, but I think we could be doing with an extra midfielder who can play on either side. We're quite well stocked elsewhere though, that's assuming that TC is relying on Tess/Goodwin/Plummer/Kelly to play CB alongside Cheesy when he's back.

Eta: That said, we're in a much better shape than we were this time last summer.

Edited by Murray7

I think we still require a bit of depth.

Certainly don't want a McGowan/Harkins type dilemma again, but I think we could be doing with an extra midfielder who can play on either side. We're quite well stocked elsewhere though, that's assuming that TC is relying on Tess/Goodwin/Plummer/Kelly to play CB alongside Cheesy when he's back.

Eta: That said, we're in a much better shape than we were this time last summer.

We still need another centre half, I'd argue. A right mid would be good, but we could do without if push comes to shove.

Aside from that, I agree. We are looking to be in more than decent shape.

We still need another centre half, I'd argue. A right mid would be good, but we could do without if push comes to shove.

Aside from that, I agree. We are looking to be in more than decent shape.

TC was alluding to the fact that he was looking at cover bin defence.

I think he's decided to give Adam Brown a chance at right mid, If Marwood requires subbing..

As Lex says, if it looks as if we need more cover there, then we can dip into the loan market before the window shuts.

TC was alluding to the fact that he was looking at cover bin defence.

I think he's decided to give Adam Brown a chance at right mid, If Marwood requires subbing..

As Lex says, if it looks as if we need more cover there, then we can dip into the loan market before the window shuts.

Aye, that's fair enough.

I'm happy to see one of the lads given a shot on the right. We have Teale and Marwood who can also feature there if and when required, so we should be sorted.

6 signings:

Ridgers

Plummer

Tess

Marwood

Caldwell

Ball

Not a list that would have excited anyone 2 months ago, but I think the pre-season games, coupled with the surprise re-signings of Kello and McLean has left most of us feeling quite optimistic.

Concerns? If Williams isn't ready for the first team then the centre of defence looks makeshift to me. Need someone else in there and TC has acknowledged that. My only other worry is the pressure on McGinn / McLean in the middle of the park. We will be heavily reliant on these two to control games for us and they are still just young guys. Hopefully they can go from strength to strength.

I know the opposition wasn't great but the pre-season games against Blyth and Whitley Bay gave McLean an opportunity to boss the game (particularly at Whitley Bay) and showed that McGinn appears to have strengthened over the summer. I don't think that central midfield will be our biggest area of concern.

I know the opposition wasn't great but the pre-season games against Blyth and Whitley Bay gave McLean an opportunity to boss the game (particularly at Whitley Bay) and showed that McGinn appears to have strengthened over the summer. I don't think that central midfield will be our biggest area of concern.

It will be if someone comes in with a bid on deadline day for either of them.

We have 4 central mifielders, one of whom is a boy on a 6 month contract and who has no first team experience while the other is used as a stop gap central defender on occasion.

central midfield, along with central defence r the 2 areas could do with new players imo

they need to be decent quality though

i suspect we may see at least one new player in either of these positions nearer deadline day on loan

We have 4 central mifielders, one of whom is a boy on a 6 month contract and who has no first team experience while the other is used as a stop gap central defender on occasion.

central midfield, along with central defence r the 2 areas could do with new players imo

they need to be decent quality though

i suspect we may see at least one new player in either of these positions nearer deadline day on loan

Anything else me lord.

TC in the PDE today stating that he would like to bring in "certainly one and possibly two others" and that he has support from the board to do this.

At least we have a bit of a positive post rather than all this crap about who thinks they know a certain person is coming etc. I just prefer he didn't use the word like. That would be good !!