Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

Zico was the second best I ever witnessed in the stripes.

He did not arrive via Youth Development.

Ally McLeod, Frank Macca, Dougie S and Big Yards stick out for me. Zico was good but ended up a better striker at Aberdeen. His leg break did not help when with us but a very dangerous and underrated striker when with us and fans gave him stick.

McDougall cost £180 k from Clydebank at the time, a record fee between Scottish clubs. He was brilliant to watch. Some fans at that time questioned that we should have bought his strike partner Blair Miller.

Sorry I'm away off topic but all this chat about strikers like McDougall and Somner brings back such happy memories.:)

Doug Somner was the best I ever witnessed in the stripes.

McGarvey, Macca, Yardley were not products of Youth Development

Exactly the point I was making!

Although Frank McGarvey was a product of a decent scouting network... albeit in very different times.

Barry Lavety is the only goalscoring striker I can think of in my lifetime.

Isn't he a centre half?

Yes , Julen Etxabeguren Leanizbarrutia , he's signed a three year deal with Dundee. Whether we want these types of player or not , we as fans better get used to the fact that the Premiership clubs will get them before us !

This is on their website,

Following the conclusion to the SPFL season, the club can announce the following squad updates for summer 2015.

The following players have been offered extended contracts at the club:

Lionel Ainsworth

John Sutton

Lee Erwin

The following players have been allowed to leave the club following the expiry of their contracts:

Stuart Carswell

Simon Ramsden

Paul Lawson

Iain Vigurs

Adam Cummins

Bob McHugh

Zaine Francis-Angol

Fraser Kerr

Ross Stewart

The following short-term arrivals / loans have also left the club:

George Long

Mark O’Brien

Anthony Straker

Louis Laing

Nathan Thomas

Conor Grant

Scott McDonald

Exactly the point I was making!

Although Frank McGarvey was a product of a decent scouting network... albeit in very different times.

Barry Lavety is the only goalscoring striker I can think of in my lifetime.

Chris Iwelumo

Ian Vigurs released by Motherwell. Think he would be a good addition to the squad. But would he come to us. What do you guys think?

Vigurs recent injury record is akin to Osborne's. We simply cannot afford to rake chances on injury prone players when running such a tight squad numbers wise.

This is on their website,

Following the conclusion to the SPFL season, the club can announce the following squad updates for summer 2015.

The following players have been offered extended contracts at the club:

Lionel Ainsworth

John Sutton

Lee Erwin

The following players have been allowed to leave the club following the expiry of their contracts:

Stuart Carswell

Simon Ramsden

Paul Lawson

Iain Vigurs

Adam Cummins

Bob McHugh

Zaine Francis-Angol

Fraser Kerr

Ross Stewart

The following short-term arrivals / loans have also left the club:

George Long

Mark O’Brien

Anthony Straker

Louis Laing

Nathan Thomas

Conor Grant

Scott McDonald

So if Ian Barraclough can manage to sort his shit out whilst contending with the all consuming play offs why cant Murray and St Mirren who have had shall we say; a bit less to think about?

So if Ian Barraclough can manage to sort his shit out whilst contending with the all consuming play offs why cant Murray and St Mirren who have had shall we say; a bit less to think about?

Eh? We released players last week on top on Ball, Osbourne and McAusland. I'd say the decks are pretty clear now bar a couple of players.

Must troll harder.

Dearie me.

You really do come across as a very sad, bitter little man.

Eh? We released players last week on top on Ball, Osbourne and McAusland. I'd say the decks are pretty clear now bar a couple of players.

Must troll harder.

Missing the point big time, and i see you have subscribed to BAWA clique online abuse club (what is it with people who think they can call people they don't know anything from behind the safety of a keyboard?)

Anyway the point is Motherwell have come out and detailed every player leaving but more importantly have made offers to those out of contract, and offered extensions to some more. Our position is much more pressing as any player who has had to take a 50% drop in wages following relegation can as part of that clause simply walk away to a better offer no fee attached. We are sleep walking to oblivion, and might well by default be fielding the youngest squad in the league?

Maybe thats a good thing? But it almost confirms we will not be back up next season as a young squad will need time to develop in a league with Hibs, Sevco, QoS etc...

Dearie me.

You really do come across as a very sad, bitter little man.

Yip the BAWA online abuse clique are up and about this fine morning. Do you think its ok to say just any firm of abuse to people you don't know? Do you do this on the street, in the pub..? FFS grow up man. If you don't like the post ignore it, don't demean yourself.