Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

Given the continuing uncertainty surrounding Rangers' status and the growing possibility that they might not feature in the SPL next season (much as I can't shake off the idea that they will do), perhaps the club are being very wise in not jumping into signing up new players. While I don't buy the notion that the other clubs will be crippled without Rangers in the league, there will be a financial hit of some form, so it might not be a bad idea to be a little circumspect in terms of transfer business this early on.

Given the continuing uncertainty surrounding Rangers' status and the growing possibility that they might not feature in the SPL next season (much as I can't shake off the idea that they will do), perhaps the club are being very wise in not jumping into signing up new players. While I don't buy the notion that the other clubs will be crippled without Rangers in the league, there will be a financial hit of some form, so it might not be a bad idea to be a little circumspect in terms of transfer business this early on.

I think most prudent clubs will be in no great hurry to sign players at the moment due to various current factors, including the ones you mention. I would go as far to say that it is very much a buyers market, at the moment. .

Rongers could still get lucky and guarantee themselves , 3rd division footie, next season. .

It sounds more likely we will take a few players to Spain with us to get a proper look at them and attempt to sign them if they're good enough.

If the club has to make attempt's to sign someone,wouldn't it be better to find out their worth, before spending money taking them on holiday.

If the club has to make attempt's to sign someone,wouldn't it be better to find out their worth, before spending money taking them on holiday.

Find out their worth how exactly? If the rest of the team and the manager are in Spain, how on Earth are they meant to see potential new signings?

Besides, they're hardly going to be forking out thousands on one man to take him abroad, so what's the problem?

Find out their worth how exactly? If the rest of the team and the manager are in Spain, how on Earth are they meant to see potential new signings?

Besides, they're hardly going to be forking out thousands on one man to take him abroad, so what's the problem?

Now let me see.

What kind salary are you expecting and here's what what we're offering or can afford if we like what we see.

You don't take someone out,then find out they want 5 grand a week.

JM1 referred to a few players,not one.

That's unless of course their agent or themself are paying their own expenses.

Which has and does happen.

Edited by pod

Heard from a high-up source in the club that Danny's said he is not looking for a left back and plans to play with 3 at the back - presumably mair, cheesy and mcgregor - in what I'm guessin will be a 3-5-2 next season. Interesting, but would make sense given the last topic I started was about Franco and travener being offered back - which came from the same in the-know-source - with Danny obviously not willing to offer any of them a deal.

Heard from a high-up source in the club that Danny's said he is not looking for a left back and plans to play with 3 at the back - presumably mair, cheesy and mcgregor - in what I'm guessin will be a 3-5-2 next season. Interesting, but would make sense given the last topic I started was about Franco and travener being offered back - which came from the same in the-know-source - with Danny obviously not willing to offer any of them a deal.

Barron has proved in the past that he can do a sterling job filling in at left back, but I would be astonished if DL wasn't actively trying to sign a natural left back to replace Tesselaar. After all he did want to keep him.

Now let me see.

What kind salary are you expecting and here's what what we're offering or can afford if we like what we see.

You don't take someone out,then find out they want 5 grand a week.

JM1 referred to a few players,not one.

That's unless of course their agent or themself are paying their own expenses.

Which has and does happen.

I think it goes without saying that teams will make enquiries to ensure a player is within their price range before taking them on trial or expressing serious interest in signing them.

Barron has proved in the past that he can do a sterling job filling in at left back, but I would be astonished if DL wasn't actively trying to sign a natural left back to replace Tesselaar. After all he did want to keep him.

This. Going into a season with Carey as our only left-footer who can actually play at left-back (with varying success) would be kamikaze stuff IMO. Barron might have done a decent job there but we are a team looking to push onwards and upwards, and that IMO would be a step backwards. I do realise previous successful teams didn't have left-backs but with our philosophy of football, I can't see that being anything other than a poor move.

That said, I don't think Carey is as bad at left-back as some think. In fact, his penalty being saved aside (and it wasn't the worst penalty), Carey had by far his best game of the season while playing at left-back in the Scottish Cup replay against Hearts. Given he is a little injury prone though, it would be a very risky business to have him as our one and only player in that position.

Edited by Sunny Saint

danny in today's pde saying our left back will come from closer to home.....either barron or carey, or even some under-19 left-back. case closed on that one then!