Ross County V St Mirren 24//8/13 League

shull

I said I think Thommo would be too intelligent to take the poisoned chalice. As well as the difficulty with going from one of the boys to being the gaffer (and also trying to do that while being the main striker) there would be the pressure he would be under. Yes he might get six months grace because of who he is but a few bad results would soon have the moaning starting and his managerial career could be over.

thats football

How often does he say 'certainly'!?

Oddly enough I certainly noticed that today when I watched the post-match interview. He certainly says it too often and certainly uses it it when it isn't even certainly pertinent or even certainly grammatically certainly correct.

Budget or no budget the squad is imbalanced and that's the manager's responsibility. I think we have better players than the results we are getting though which is also for the manager to sort out.

You're right the squad is well imbalanced but i don't know about better players than results getting.

The defence is very poor and has been for a while and one forward.

Tommy Craig is an experienced fitba man and surely he can see what everyone can see what is wrong with our team.

All 3 goals were very easily avoidable yesterday we gave them away.

Tactics against us.

Let them have the ball in their own half,press them up the park as they have no one with pace to get in behind.

Mistakes will come,bingo

Just read Danny's interview on the OS.

It's 'quality players' and 'fantastic supporters', yet again.

So, quality players + fantastic supporters = Highland horsings?

Something in there isn't adding up.

His talk of a little bit of luck, and rub of the green being required just smacks of desperation. You make your own luck, Danny, or you simply grind it out.

Agree 100%. Lennons laughable media interviews are becoming mighty irritating. Our players need a good proper kick up the arse, not praise!

Just watched the highlights... the defence at the penalty was nothing short of criminal... ... only one player ready to pounce on a rebound... the others (including our captain) were so flat footed they could have passed for circus clowns!!!

Gowser hadn't even taken his hands off his hips by the time the rebound had been netted!

Totally and utterly unacceptable... a school team would be crucified for that standard of defending!!!

Don't talk rubbish.

Anyone who's relaxed about our current situation isn't a real fan.

Pizza...? Honestly? What athletes they are!

Another thing about DL's interviews. How often does he say 'certainly'!? His interviews are embarrassing. He just makes himself look stupid.

Not a real fan?

And which definition of the word "support" are you demonstrating with this last nugget?

Just watched the highlights... the defence at the penalty was nothing short of criminal... ... only one player ready to pounce on a rebound... the others (including our captain) were so flat footed they could have passed for circus clowns!!!

Gowser hadn't even taken his hands off his hips by the time the rebound had been netted!

Totally and utterly unacceptable... a school team would be crucified for that standard of defending!!!

Gowser diving before the first, Cheesy not toeing the ball before the second, the entire third goal...nothing new about any of it.

Not a real fan?

And which definition of the word "support" are you demonstrating with this last nugget?

You've lost me there man!

What is it about thinking that DL's interview technique makes him across as not incredibly intelligent that makes me not a fan, or any less a supporter of my club?

I'd be surprised if there's anyone at all who thinks he comes across well in interviews!

You usually make some good points. I don't agree with all of them, but you're on very poor form this time.

What a ridiculous suggestion to make. That I don't show support because I think DL doesn't interview well. Shame on you.

If anyone else agrees that DL is rubbish in interviews, comes across badly, but that you think you're still a committed St.Mirren supporter, do me a favour, and 'like' this post.

I'm certain there's lots of you out there.

Naw naw please f**king naw naw !

St Mirren Supporters only ( with sensible business brains )

to run our Club.

I don't believe any Arab or Russians will buy our club ,I mean a wee bit of tongue in cheek , the problem is the board have had a couple of offers which they deem either not enough ,or not suitable and hats off to them ,they are keeping the clubs interest foremost.

Realistically we are not a good investment ,small supporter base and a stadium that would not really be ideal for increasing capacity if the occasion arose for us to require it.

My gripe with Danny is why doesn't he stick to the winning formula he fostered at Cowdenbeath instead continually peddling this "playing the game the right way' at all costs. He must have being doing something right there to get a very small club two successive promotions. Time to get back to basics and what you know best Danny.

Edited by Mr Zo

I don't believe any Arab or Russians will buy our club ,I mean a wee bit of tongue in cheek , the problem is the board have had a couple of offers which they deem either not enough ,or not suitable and hats off to them ,they are keeping the clubs interest foremost.

Realistically we are not a good investment ,small supporter base and a stadium that would not really be ideal for increasing capacity if the occasion arose for us to require it.

No football club should ever be seen as an investment. They're basically toys for rich businessmen to spunk loads of their money away on, and try to play oneupmanship with their rivals.

Unless you're at the smaller end of the scale obviously.

Still not an investment though. For anyone.

My gripe with Danny is why doesn't he stick to the winning formula he fostered at Cowdenbeath instead continually peddling this "playing the game the right way' at all costs. He must have being something right there to get a very small club two successive promotions. Time to get back to basics and what you know best Danny.

One of them very much by default.

My gripe with Danny is why doesn't he stick to the winning formula he fostered at Cowdenbeath instead continually peddling this "playing the game the right way' at all costs. He must have being doing something right there to get a very small club two successive promotions. Time to get back to basics and what you know best Danny.

This is exactly how cowdenbeath were playing

Danny did win back to back promotions, and that is a very impressive achievement on the face of things. Dig a little deeper though... He won promotion from the third division with Cowdenbeath not for footballing reasons, but because Livi had been demoted for financial irregularities. He won promotion from the second division after finishing 3rd and winning the subsequent play offs.

Impressive yes, but hardly groundbreaking, certainly when you compare it with the achievements of other lower league managers in the last 10 years.

You've lost me there man!

You usually make some good points. I don't agree with all of them, but you're on very poor form this time.

What a ridiculous suggestion to make. That I don't show support because I think DL doesn't interview well. Shame on you.

If anyone else agrees that DL is rubbish in interviews, comes across badly, but that you think you're still a committed St.Mirren supporter, do me a favour, and 'like' this post.

I'm certain there's lots of you out there.

I've gave up listening to his interviews about a year ago, i just couldn't bear the cringe factor, plus he always says the same things anyway... Next part not aimed at you.

Danny's a good guy, and i think some of the personal abuse aimed at him yesterday and today has been OTT. He is not an idiot, or a twat, or whatever else he has been called, and i hope our fans stop with this kind of rhetoric. He's a nice guy who is trying his best for the football club. Sadly, this would appear not to be enough anymore, and i feel it would be better for all concerned if he and the club parted ways.

Watching the highlights there really pissed me off actually. If the players don't want to do it, what can the manager do? Goodwin stands with his hands on his hips as he watches Cornell make the save from the penalty without bothering to move! Is that what we should expect of our captain?

Many things wrong in that performance, I can accept players playing shite but a lack of desire and passion and just general f**king effort is not acceptable to me.

Just watched highlights. How Kenny McLean can get a game before John McGinn just staggers me. Wee John should be the first name in that team sheet. I heard Danny on radio Scotland last night and as usual it was embarrassing. As usual the "wonderful supporters" came into it. So much so that after it chick young said he would write his scripts. Stop talking crap Danny and get this team back on the rails. Tuesday night is a must win !!!!! PS We DO NOT need another midfielder

Just watched highlights. How Kenny McLean can get a game before John McGinn just staggers me. Wee John should be the first name in that team sheet. I heard Danny on radio Scotland last night and as usual it was embarrassing. As usual the "wonderful supporters" came into it. So much so that after it chick young said he would write his scripts. Stop talking crap Danny and get this team back on the rails. Tuesday night is a must win !!!!! PS We DO NOT need another midfielder

I actually thought McLean was our greatest threat on Saturday, he is never a left mid though. His passing, and runs into the box were pretty good, and he should have scored.

He's another one, that seems to have come under a lot of criticism from fans. He hasn't been as good as he's shown previously but neither is he as bad as some make out, McLean playing certainly isn't the cause of our woes.

I do like McGinn and ideally him and McLean should play, however with the way the current team is set up, one will be stuck wide to accommodate Harkins, which is a waste for either of them.

Edit to add, if anything McLean is more effective further forward, potentially playing off the striker if we continue to play with one. He's surprisingly good at timing runs into the box, can find a bit of space, as well as having a decent left foot. If he hadn't picked up his injury, and the resultant downturn in form i don't think he'd still be here.

Edited by gc_SMFC

As Goalie ?