Drugs, Mules Or Fools?

faraway saint

The recent case of the Scottish and Irish girls who were caught with over 11kg of cocaine trying to leave Peru seems to have caught the eye of the media.

The early comment from the Scottish girl that she didn't know they had drugs in her case did surprise me and the more recent claims they were threatened adds to the story.

I suppose more facts will materialise as the court case progresses, although that could take some time.

I doubt they both are squeaky clean but a possible 15 years in a Peru prison will make them think twice about hanging around with the exciting bad boys.

The Irish girls hairstyle, Minnie mouse springs to mind, suggests she's guilty as sin. whistling.gif

The recent case of the Scottish and Irish girls who were caught with over 11kg of cocaine trying to leave Peru seems to have caught the eye of the media.

The early comment from the Scottish girl that she didn't know they had drugs in her case did surprise me and the more recent claims they were threatened adds to the story.

I suppose more facts will materialise as the court case progresses, although that could take some time.

I doubt they both are squeaky clean but a possible 15 years in a Peru prison will make them think twice about hanging around with the exciting bad boys.

The Irish girls hairstyle, Minnie mouse springs to mind, suggests she's guilty as sin. whistling.gif

Plus she had make up on, Send her down emm in the judical sense

Edited by insaintee

Guy I work with who lived in ibiza for a few years and has friends who still live there was telling me it's really common, they've most likely been offered about £4K and another £6K afterwards plus a free trip to puru. Silly little girls who had run out of money and wanted to stay in paradise. Apparently it can take 3 years just to go to trial and even then they are recomended to plead guilty since there's a very slim chance they would be found innocent.

Set up by the big boys to take a fall.Its more than likely 10 million pounds worth went out at the same time maybe even the same route.Peruvian authorities look good for the seizure of what is a considerable amount but in the grand scheme of things the warlords will be having an Ibiza party of their own.The girls would have been groomed by leading the good life for weeks before the drug run and as usual it all ends in tears.This happened to someone I know and they have never fully recovered from what was a harrowing experience.They still plead their innocence so please don't judge.If anyone feels in the slightest bit sorry for the girls money can be sent to them through Prisoners Abroad.Even a fiver gets them writing paper and fruit etc.The girls crime in my eyes was being so naïve and it breaks my heart that the real baddies always walk away.

Set up by the big boys to take a fall.Its more than likely 10 million pounds worth went out at the same time maybe even the same route.Peruvian authorities look good for the seizure of what is a considerable amount but in the grand scheme of things the warlords will be having an Ibiza party of their own.The girls would have been groomed by leading the good life for weeks before the drug run and as usual it all ends in tears.This happened to someone I know and they have never fully recovered from what was a harrowing experience.They still plead their innocence so please don't judge.If anyone feels in the slightest bit sorry for the girls money can be sent to them through Prisoners Abroad.Even a fiver gets them writing paper and fruit etc.The girls crime in my eyes was being so naïve and it breaks my heart that the real baddies always walk away.

Every person who takes part in this chain shares equal culpability for the death and misery they cause to millions of others throughout the world. Those at the bottom enable those at the top to do what they do.It's exactly the same with similar forms of chain like this - war, genocide etc. TBH we probably ought to be worrying more about the real victims of this rather than worrying about criminals themselves.

As for these two girls? They are both 20 years old. Neither of them are children. They are fully grown women. If they did this then they deserve no sympathy whatsoever.

It would however be interesting to see a study of the brains of young people to try and understand why they are this stupid. Why they won't listen and learn from the experiences of their elders and why they insist on repeating every mistake made by every generation before them as regards alcohol and drugs. It's not the mark of an intelligent species and would make an interesting study.

Edited by oaksoft

It would however be interesting to see a study of the brains of young people to try and understand why they are this stupid. Why they won't listen and learn from the experiences of their elders and why they insist on repeating every mistake made by every generation before them as regards alcohol and drugs. It's not the mark of an intelligent species and would make an interesting study.

While I have little sympathy for these girls, or anyone else who gets involved in this type of pastime your audacity in the statement above shows, yet again, that you are indeed a tit.

Were you NEVER young? People make mistakes, some mistakes are more serious than others. I'm sure most "elders" have made a mistake or two and it's not ended in this situation these two find themselves in.

I do enjoy your pompous posts, they make me feel happy I'm not as intelligent as you. whistling.gif

If it were some 19 year old guy from a scheme in Glasgow caught on a train from liverpool with £300k worth of heroin ,would there be any sympathy.

I can see his plea of defence " a gangster in Glasgow said go to liverpool and bring me a parcel , or I,ll kill your family "

Either ran up a debt on the island or did it for £5k.

Guilty as...

Papers had them down as running coke and ketamine parties in their flat in Ibiza. Sure not the only ones taking drugs in Ibiza but easy to see how they'd fall in with the wrong crowd.

Two schools of thought for me- either they ran out of cash and did this to get 'easy money' and a 'holiday'. Or they ran out of money, used someone's drugs that needed paying for and were 'offered' this way to pay the debt. This might be where the 'threatened me and my family story' was concocted from.

They'd be best pleading guilty for a shorter sentence. If you've been caught in an airport with 11kg of coke not many ways of getting away with it.

Guest somner9

I'm sure the Irish lassie's family were quoted in the media as 'not even knowing she was in Peru'.... does that sound like they had been threatened..?

If your caught with £1.5m of drugs in south america you are gonna claim whatever if it gets you off or an easier passage.

Papers had them down as running coke and ketamine parties in their flat in Ibiza. Sure not the only ones taking drugs in Ibiza but easy to see how they'd fall in with the wrong crowd.

Two schools of thought for me- either they ran out of cash and did this to get 'easy money' and a 'holiday'. Or they ran out of money, used someone's drugs that needed paying for and were 'offered' this way to pay the debt. This might be where the 'threatened me and my family story' was concocted from.

They'd be best pleading guilty for a shorter sentence. If you've been caught in an airport with 11kg of coke not many ways of getting away with it.

Yeh , they have been put up to it . They did fall in with the wrong crowd and possibly an even bigger haul went out under the noses of the authorities and "their own crowd" probably bubbled them to use them as decoys for the larger haul ..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-23696401

Just for the record here is how it works in Spain.

The guy who got caught with drugs(cannabis)in his case pleaded guilty and got two years. Two others charged with association pleaded not guilty and got three years.They went to court after two and were told admit it and you are free to go.Both declined and went back to prison.

Best to plead guilty even if you are not.f**k principals.

This ^^^^^^^ Well said Broonie.

They both look and sound like blackneck scheme scum thicko neds to me, they are thick as shit if they think they are going to get away with this, if you can't do the time don't do the crime.

Didn't know they'd actually gone through the trial and been found guilty already.....

This ^^^^^^^ Well said Broonie.

Didn't know they'd actually gone through the trial and been found guilty already.....

7 years in a peruvian jail, back out to shit out 4 child benefit kids in a cooncil hoose, its a great life isn't it. laugh.png their time in ibiza kicking the arse out of it has really paid hasn't it?happy.png

The biggest thing they will be thinking about now is a baccy and drug supply for their sentence ahead.

Daft stuff, but too easy to judge.

I don't feel sympathy towards them, but nor would I hold them in contempt. As Faraway says, few of us haven't significantly bungled in our lifetimes. Most of us learn a lesson or two from our misadventures, but few will be quite as testing as these two are about to experience. So it goes. He who sups with the Devil and all that.

Let the Peruvian authorities do what they need to do. All the chat about the terrible conditions and absence of a fair hearing does smack of the usual colonial smugness that characterises the British media.

I feel this is getting too much airtime in the media when other international (and national/local) matters take a back seat. Time to move on.

Edited by Drew

f**king idiots

F*ck me. For once I agree with Elvis.

I've no sympathy for them. Their story changes from day to day. First they were forced, then duped, now its a set up? If they didn't suss that the packages they knew they were carrying contained something illegal, then they were 'naive' to the point of absolute stupidity.They chanced their arms and got caught. End of.

Just for the record here is how it works in Spain.

The guy who got caught with drugs(cannabis)in his case pleaded guilty and got two years. Two others charged with association pleaded not guilty and got three years.They went to court after two and were told admit it and you are free to go.Both declined and went back to prison.

Best to plead guilty even if you are not.f**k principals.

Alas, it's having no morals / principals that has got them where they are now.

While I have little sympathy for these girls, or anyone else who gets involved in this type of pastime your audacity in the statement above shows, yet again, that you are indeed a tit.

Were you NEVER young? People make mistakes, some mistakes are more serious than others. I'm sure most "elders" have made a mistake or two and it's not ended in this situation these two find themselves in.

I do enjoy your pompous posts, they make me feel happy I'm not as intelligent as you. whistling.gif

I think there have been studies into the decision making of teenagers and young adults which clearly show that hormonal imbalances can and do affect rationality. Stupidity is not quite the same thing as an inability to make rational, reasoned decisions but it's in the same territory. While these kind of studies tell us what we already know to some extent, they also help explain why we have an age of consent, different laws for minors etc. although there's a worrying arbitraryness there if you're just one day on the wrong side of the line. The problem is that these kinds of brain effects are imperfectly understood; we can't say for certain whether the hormones have influenced a particular poor decision by a young person, only that there's an increased probability that they could have. No defence for the lassies there methinks.

Edited by Barney63