Next St Mirren Manager

Danny will be paid off I expect in the same manner as Gus but I do not believe the board will go for anyone they need to pay compensation for and I am not getting at the board SG has always done what he thought was right for st mirren as a football club. But a lot or people harp on about the cup run/win money but that will have been used to compensate the loss in league position money as we finished lower than the previous season thus there is no extra money to use.

We should be rolling in money because the cash generated by the cup run/win clearly hasn't been re-invested in the playing side. Anyway , the likelihood is that Danny will be paid off in the same way as Gus , that is he will continue to receive his basic monthly wage until his contract expires. We may well have to pay a bit of compo for a new boss , but that happens at every club , cash-strapped Killie and Dundee Utd have both had to do it recently !

So it will be ok if we have to go back into debt to pay compensation? Cos that's where we all want to be again...

Unless you're party to the club accounts and bank account, it's pure speculation to say we have x amount of money. What seems clear is that we're not spending a lot, which tallies with not having a lot.

Take it theres no black smoke comming from Saint Mirren Park yet.

Clearly not - is it ok that the board has been silent on this? Do they take us for f**king mugs that don't matter, or what? Total silence. The only thing coming out officially from the club is bloody tweets about phone deals. It's making me pretty angry , and I'm not just saying I want them to say he's sacked I just want and we all deserve to be kept out of the dark. Not good enough.

So it will be ok if we have to go back into debt to pay compensation? Cos that's where we all want to be again...

Unless you're party to the club accounts and bank account, it's pure speculation to say we have x amount of money. What seems clear is that we're not spending a lot, which tallies with not having a lot.

We'll have x amount less x when we go down...

.................... and it's speculation on your part to say we're skint !

What is the beef with Hartley? Granted, he is a greasy wee shitehawk, but is there a specific incident that I've missed?

Nowt, as far as i'm concerned.

A fantastic football player who i wish we had signed from Hamilton many years ago.

He wouldve become a Saints legend.

He punished us deservedly due to the amount of abuse he received from us.

Nowt, as far as i'm concerned.

A fantastic football player who i wish we had signed from Hamilton many years ago.

He wouldve become a Saints legend.

He punished us deservedly due to the amount of abuse he received from us.

Hartley virtually ended Norrie McWhirter's career with a dreadful tackle and then started to laugh to the Saints fans, also when he was with Hamilton he deliberately got Paul McIntyre sent off and then gestured to the Saints fans once more.

There have been other incidents too which I am sure other fans remember,

Edited by Flareybob

So Hartley was a wind up merchant. Big deal.

He was a good player and looks like a promising manager. I'm not saying he should get the job, but I think he'd be a better appointment than the usual crew of failed managers (i.e. John Hughes, Jim Jefferies, Ian McCall, etc.).

The thing to remember is Butcher came into the Inverness job, late on in January into a team that was poor, loads of defeats and Brewster looked defeated. He almost saved them too, Falkirk relegating them last day of the season. Butcher did well and no surprises they kept faith with him when they were relegated.

The one note of concern is if we do hire a new manager and he gets relegated with this team we have little chance of automatic promotion as the Ibrox lot will be out to get back into the SPL and spending big again.

I think that answers my question. I was struggling to remember the specific circumstances when Butcher and ICT went down. I think what history has shown us in football (and, let's face it, life generally) is that when rot sets in, it can be very difficult to cure without making significant changes, or chucking money at the problem.

We don't have money to chuck.

It was the Clunie/Fergie legacy that took us to the semis !

That's unfair.

We also finished 4th joint 3rd really with more points than we had the season before when we finished 3rd.

Also the next 2 seasons 5th.

He kept us in the top half and regular good cup runs.

I would love a money saving dud like that to come in the now.

Remember Ferguson and Clunie made him their No 2 and the players to this day have nothing but praise for the man.

In fact the players said the board got very lucky he was waiting in the wings.

I forgot he was also the Scotland U/21 manager

Hartley virtually ended Norrie McWhirter's career with a dreadful tackle and then started to laugh to the Saints fans, also when he was with Hamilton he deliberately got Paul McIntyre sent off and then gestured to the Saints fans once more.

And we loved Aber ( still do ) , Jim Dick, for all their antics.

Paul McIntyre was an appalling football player who shouldve never got near a Saints jersey.

Hartley was a class player, like Aber.

And we loved Aber ( still do ) , Jim Dick, for all their antics.

Paul McIntyre was an appalling football player who shouldve never got near a Saints jersey.

Hartley was a class player, like Aber.

Hartley was indeed a great player and you don't boo shite players.

The wee bassa just ripped the piss out of us with every single team he was with apart from the English teams

That's unfair.

We also finished 4th joint 3rd really with more points than we had the season before when we finished 3rd.

Also the next 2 seasons 5th.

He kept us in the top half and regular good cup runs.

I would love a money saving dud like that to come in the now.

Remember Ferguson and Clunie made him their No 2 and the players to this day have nothing but praise for the man.

In fact the players said the board got very lucky he was waiting in the wings.

I forgot he was also the Scotland U/21 manager

Yeah , I was being harsh with the Clunie, Fergie thing. Ricky did well for us early doors but was he not party to the Richardson / Sinclair fiasco ?