Next St Mirren Manager

All managers are a gamble.

I'd give the job to Steven Thompson.

He's articulate, intelligent, will have contacts in the game and he's a big Saints fans. I wouldn't worry about the fact that he's still playing. Craig Brewster had some success in the early part of his managerial career - the bit where he was still playing.

I believe Thompson will be a top manager. I don't want him to head off that down road and for me to see him on MOTD like Steve Clarke and Paul Lambert without him having ever been a Saints manager.

We need to stop thinking of ourselves as a club of such a stature that we shouldn't give the job to an untried manager. St. Johnstone gave the job to guys like Coyle & McInnes in recent years with some success.

We can't possibly get any worse... I therefore see no downside to appointing Thompson.

As long as he ditches the fannying about at the back...

Thompson such a big Saints fan he has hardly kicked a ball for us since the league cup final, one of the biggest underachievers at the club recently and one of the reasons we are in the state we are on the park. As a senior player he hasn't shown any leadership qualities on the park, he has been petulant and picked up stupid bookings. Thompson shouldn't even be in the first team squad until he gets his attitude sorted.

No he won't. Players and Managers come and go but real supporters stand by the club.

I would say that after supporting saints for 45 years, i'm fully aware that managers come and go, I would reluctantly get behind Billy Reid if he was given the job, but he would for me and many others not be a popular choice, that was the light hearted jist of my post.

We could certainly do much better than appointing him as Danny's likely successor.

Billy Reid would kill our club stone dead. It's bad enough losing every game but can you imagine how awful we would be to watch for the long term? Our next appointment needs to be someone with the attitude of scoring goals to win games not someone who tries not to lose.

We need a manager who will secure points and get us into 10th place to avoid relegation or a play off. Right now I'm not interested in ste of play. Back to basics and points are needed.

John Hughes is one of the worst football managers around!! the guy is a complete clueless idiot. He has no man management skills or tactical awareness. I've spoken to a few players who have played for him and he wasn't very popular at both Falkirk and Livingston. Billy Reid is another one who is clueless. One of the most negative managers I've ever seen!! There's a very good reason these guys don't have clubs.

For me it has to be Hartley, a young ambitious up and coming manager who has played at the top level. He has done well at Alloa and would surely jump at the chance of testing himself in the top division. Ian Murray would also be another possibility.

I like Campbell. He is a huge hero of mine. I would be worried that if it didn't work out for him though that people who once loved him treated him the way they do with just about every other manager. What is he up to anyway at the moment?

Doing something in development with the SFA I think.

I don't see why not. He might fancy a crack at management after being a coach for so many years.

That's what I am thinking, he has done a great job for the hùns, and might relish the chance to be his own man and get away from the dob circus.

Also he may be good at bringing young players on.

Would sevco not be sympathetic and obliging after what kenny has been through with them?

Great post!1eye.gif

In all seriousness, following me around this website answering my posts with smart-arsed comments and not very intelligent remarks is becoming a bit boring now. Maybe you should take the advice you're so fond of giving to others and put me "on ignore".

Irony.....................bangin.gif

It's more the fact your running around asking dim questions to get pals, rather sad but a well tried tactic by Tony.

bye1.gifbye1.gifbye1.gif