Next St Mirren Manager

I would be very surprised... A lot of people were unhappy with DL and wanted him out and it didn't happen for a long while.

Not only that I don't believe we could afford to get rid of him and bring someone else in.

That's the point

Why o why given his already shocking record as a manager was he given a 2 year deal

You are all mental if you think Tommy Craig will be replaced this year...

You're probably correct but can you perceive a scenario in the next month or two where his position is untenable? I really hope it doesn't arise and I hope Tommy turns things round but can you envisage a situation where there is conceivably no alternative but a parting of the ways?

Obviously TC is under a lot of pressure and it's questionable whether or not he is up to the job. But, would a club the size of man city seriously send not one but two players on loan if there wasn't something about TCs training methods? like others I wanted him out after Saturday but that's a normal fan reaction to another defeat with no goals. Does he need more time? If so how long? Perhaps till the end of the first phase of games.

We're all mental anyway, we follow St Mirren.

" WE'RE MENTAL WE'RE CRAZY WE'RE AFF OUR F*CKING HEIDS "

was the song that rang out from the St Mirren Choir in the 1970's 1eye.gif1eye.gif1eye.gif

Edited by shull

" WE'RE CRAZY WE'RE MENTAL WE'RE AFF OUR F*CKING HEIDS "

was the song that rang out from the St Mirren Choir in the 1970's 1eye.gif1eye.gif1eye.gif

Don't want to sound pedantic but i thought we were mental before we were crazy. I remember singing that at Wembley in 1975. Whatever you do, don't mention the name Stewart Kennedy. Oh,shit!

You are all mental if you think Tommy Craig will be replaced this year...

This could be a sad but true moment. Thinking about it, we have 2 player coaches that are needed for the playing pool whose coaching roles would probably be dispensed with under a new manager. we would be paying for someone else to do their jobs whilst their packages would be unchanged (or they would walk). So we end up having to find the money to pay off 3 people AND fund 2-3 new employees. We all know none of that is likely to happen

Just thinking back to last year, so many people wanted rid of DL even before this point and it was meticulously pointed out that there was NO-ONE who would do a better job for the same or less money. So the board took the shitebag option and left DL to turn things around on his own, damend him in the media with paint praise, let his contract time out and then appoint the people who undermined him to take on his role. DL came through fire last year and must have learned more in 10 months of football management than anyone else will in a lifetime, but the fans must be appeased-at least, it seems, the mouthy vindictive ones. So we dispensed with a cup winning manager with an unquestionable work-ethic who now knew 200% more about the job than he did before to promote an elderly never-was of a coach who has proven to be completely clueless.

Guess what, this is exactly what we deserve.

One more thing-Owen Coyle my arse. we would be lucky to drag claderwood or reid away from afternoon TV to take the St Mirren job.

There is no way we will sack the manager. If for any way he goes he will be replaced by Teale but like I said Tommy Craig will be given every chance to turn this around.

What constitutes 'every chance', though? How long before we enlist the services of a Witch Doctor or Uri f**king Geller?

What constitutes 'every chance', though? How long before we enlist the services of a Witch Doctor or Uri f**king Geller?

'Every chance' in my view will be the January transfer window. IF, big if, we have only won one or two games, and are bottom of the league, the board will simply have to act. If we are still all over the shop by then, the pressure on them to remove a manager with a shockingly bad record as a No1, and who already had three years experience in the club will be too great for them to ignore. A tipping point will be reached if we remain resolutely shite by the time yet another pish 'Only An Excuse' airs on Hogmanay. I cannot see them sitting on their hands into 2015 if the likes of Alex Neil, Paul Hartley, Tommy Wright and Yogi Hughes are shitting all over Tommy Craig.

Mind you, what they'll probably do is bag Tommy and tell Teale and Goodwin to sort it out.

Edited by pozbaird

Ideally?

Now.

Won't happen, though.

At the outside, the first round of matches - ie: once we have played everyone once. I don't have any confidence that'll happen either.

lol.giflol.giflol.gif

After 4 games?

I hate to say it, because it doesn't seem to matter, but I will, where we've played pretty well in 2 or 3?

Some support we have right enough. thumbdown.gif

lol.giflol.giflol.gif

After 4 games?

I hate to say it, because it doesn't seem to matter, but I will, where we've played pretty well in 2 or 3?

You asked me a question and I answered it. Why doesn't it surprise.me that you were just looking for an opportunity to ridicule.

I support St Mirren, not Tommy Craig.

Perhaps if you had sat through a few more matches in recent months, you might have a different position. That's not a dig, as I wholly appreciate that your circumstances aren't conducive, but perhaps you shouldn't be so quick to jump on the views of others who have a different perspective from your own.

lol.giflol.giflol.gif

After 4 games?

Played pretty well in two or three games?.... and haven't scored a solitary league goal, picked up a solitary league point, and have a defence about as solid as a kitten's first shite.

Doesn't it worry you what it will be like when we aren't playing well?

Edited by pozbaird

Played pretty well in two or three games?.... and haven't scored a solitary league goal, picked up a solitary league point, and have a defence about as solid as a kitten's first shite.

Doesn't it worry you what it will be like when we aren't playing well?

Indeed, it is a worry, and the bottom line is no wins, no goals, league cup apart.

All I'm saying is it would be worse if there had been nothing to give some hope, seems that's gone, for some.

You asked me a question and I answered it. Why doesn't it surprise.me that you were just looking for an opportunity to ridicule.

I support St Mirren, not Tommy Craig.

Perhaps if you had sat through a few more matches in recent months, you might have a different position. That's not a dig, as I wholly appreciate that your circumstances aren't conducive, but perhaps you shouldn't be so quick to jump on the views of others who have a different perspective from your own.

While everyone is entitled to their view and supporting St Mirren is nice, TC is St Mirrens manager and, as such, deserves a chance.

I'm no "ridiculing" you, I'm just surprised that someone who thinks he is a reasonably balanced "supporter" is pissing his pants at this stage of the season.

I also understand 100% how frustrating it is watching us lose.

4 games is NOT a serious opportunity to decide we need a new manager.

Also, in case you've forgotten, we're hardly in a financial position to sack him.

Edited by faraway saint