Stephane Bahoken

Plus side was that he got himself into positions to shoot. Unfortunate not to get a leg in and hook the ball in a few times as well. He will now have 2 weeks to get to know the team and work on fitness, tactics etc.

Unfair on him today to be expected to be up to speed right away.

Nobody should be judging Stephane on his performance today, he's just arrived for goodness sake.

However, his 45 minutes was quite probably the worst i've ever seen from a Saints player and DL was absolutely correct to hook him at half time.

Hopefully he improves and makes an impact on the squad in the coming months.

You really think that was the worst 45 mins EVER by a Saints player? God almighty, you must sit at games with your eyes shut. Get a grip. The guys just arrived and is clearly not match sharp, but he wasn't that f*cking bad. Some people need to get real.

It wasn't a great 45 minutes, but he did link up fairly well with Thompson and gave him the support he's been crying out for, and he should have scored.

There was much more deserving players to be subbed at half time, Newton and McGinn especially

Is it safe to come out?

Aliases and trolls still sleeping?

Naw, they're still here and the Forum is horrendous at the moment.

Tne new boy is undeseverdly getting a pasting.

I think he'll be excellent once he settles in.

Better ignoring the maniacs on here till after we beat Motherwell. bye1.gif

He looks like he could do a job for us but wasn't in the same wave length as the rest of the team. International break is at a perfect time for us.

Our long ball tactic didn't work at all. We play the long ball for flick ons and knock downs but Bahoken was looking for balls over the top to run on to.

I lost count of the number of times he ran past the last defender when the ball was never going to clear his head.

I'm looking forward to seeing how he does after a couple of weeks of training and a few games. He showed that he has movement (even if he did forget to take the ball with him a few timesph34r.png), when match sharp I reckon more things will stick with him and he can give a few defences a hard time.

The gamble of playing a striker from the start, who you have signed the day before, suggests a hint of desperation.

I thought the link between him and Thompson looked promising - yes he tried ever so hard to please, had a shoot on sight policy that somewhat wreaked of lack of practice and he sometimes forgot to take the ball with him on the many runs he made, but believe me I have seen many worse in a Saints jersey over the years.

I think he will get better, the main worry for me is tho' if the team continues in the downward spiral, it is often very difficult to shine when you are being battered every week.

As for our trolls - they are young, bored and think it's funny to abuse - sometime in the not too distant future the world will catch up with them, even if it's nothing more than being sacked from their job as a MacDonald's floor sweeper!

Did the manager not take that into consideration when he started with him? Desperation ?

Sorry? Feckin' typical of Saints' supprorters.

I can imagine the reaction if Danny HADN'T started him and we lost.

"Why wasn't Bahoken started when Thommo obviously needs help?"

"We bring in a new player and already Danny shows he doesn't trust him!"

"Why was Harkins given the striker role when we have a new striker on the books?"

maybe not as articulate, but you get my drift?

For some it would be quite simply, "Danny Lennon. Yer sh!te", or, "Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!"

So.... What's new with the Buddies' "fans"?