Fao The Board - Lennon Must Go Threads - Merged

Lex, I never understood this whole "I won't be back until the manager goes" or "I won't be back until we start winning" etc etc. I always believe that you support a football club and while managers and players go - no matter how good or bad they are - the club remain, its history and all the memories (good and bad). I understand that in the 21st century people can choose how to spend their money and withold it if they are unhappy. However, surely being a supporter means you pay to watch your team and keep the club afloat? Anyone refusing to go because of the manager in charge is surely hurting the club they profess to love by witholding much needed cash?

Tough love is warranted sometimes,we would never smack our children otherwise.When they stop behaving like twats ,they get sweets again fish.gif

Another few weeks will not be too late. Killie who are a point above us are not exactly playing well either under a new manager!

So we rely on other teams being shite? Sorry but times up, how many times have we said lets get behind the team etc, you can only pick yourself up off the ground so many times, our league form is horrific and a joke to be honest, its time for a change in management and a change of direction.

You are very patronising indeed, something which, although objectionable, might be understandable in one with greater knowledge or insight. As far as can be gleaned from your posts, you have neither. That's three posts in a row you have pointed out that Lex is 27, which seems to be neither here nor there. Perhaps you wish you still were. Why not chose life and just enjoy your forum for the harmles

It is quite a bizarre thing to keep saying. I'm not sure if it's meant as an insult or not? Oaksoft used to be a decent enough poster, but he's really lost it recently.

His demise began when he started following PozBaird around the forum accusing him for being a maniac for driving at 56 in a 50, then his personal abuse of several posters got worse. Now he's just like the old ranting uncle at christmas. Full of opinions, but not taken seriously anymore. It's been quite sad to see how quickly it's all fell apart for him :(

I think it'd be best for all concerned if he took an extended sabbatical from the forum.

Edited by Lex

Reading all of this seems to indicate that there is indeed NO chance of the forumsters on this site supporting the team.

It appears they can't even support each others point of view as to what that support entails..

If it is indeed to attempt to undermine an already underfire squad and management team then I would suggest those of that ilk have achieved the desired effect and can now desist.

from all accounts Danny WILL be in charge of the next game and, save a complete overhaul using 17, 18 and 19 year olds, so will the players.

Isn't it about time necks were retracted and we sent a clear message of "real" support, (remeber that? It was what gave them confidence to beat Aberdeen, Celtic then Hearts to realise their and our dream.), and ask them to play with heart, pride and, more importantly, without fear as we will be kicking every damn ball with them?

It is quite a bizarre thing to keep saying. I'm not sure if it's meant as an insult or not? Oaksoft used to be a decent enough poster, but he's really lost it recently.

His demise began when he started following PozBaird around the forum accusing him for being a maniac for driving at 56 in a 50, then his personal abuse of several posters got worse. Now he's just like the old ranting uncle at christmas. Full of opinions, but not taken seriously anymore. It's been quite sad to see how quickly it's all fell apart for him sad.png

I think it'd be best for all concerned if he took an extended sabbatical from the forum.

Reminds me of Danny

Reading all of this seems to indicate that there is indeed NO chance of the forumsters on this site supporting the team.

It appears they can't even support each others point of view as to what that support entails..

If it is indeed to attempt to undermine an already underfire squad and management team then I would suggest those of that ilk have achieved the desired effect and can now desist.

from all accounts Danny WILL be in charge of the next game and, save a complete overhaul using 17, 18 and 19 year olds, so will the players.

Isn't it about time necks were retracted and we sent a clear message of "real" support, (remeber that? It was what gave them confidence to beat Aberdeen, Celtic then Hearts to realise their and our dream.), and ask them to play with heart, pride and, more importantly, without fear as we will be kicking every damn ball with them?

We ALL remember real support,you obviously were not there on Saturday or you wouldnt be spouting the same tired old nonsensical pish

We ALL remember real support,you obviously were not there on Saturday or you wouldnt be spouting the same tired old nonsensical pish

I WAS there and I tried my best to raise the voices positively. I also commented on here about the negativity of some around me.

Yes. There was vocal support but, if you were there, you should have heard the berating of the team at half time. Not ideal for a bunch of players whose esteem is probably already at rock bottom

Our support was only really vocal to drown out the away support and that was at 0-0.

The past, though, is the past.

We will, (99.9% sure) , have Danny at the helm v Motherwell and we need to do what little we can to raise the morale of our team.

Surely, in this at least, you concur?

I WAS there and I tried my best to raise the voices positively. I also commented on here about the negativity of some around me.

Yes. There was vocal support but, if you were there, you should have heard the berating of the team at half time. Not ideal for a bunch of players whose esteem is probably already at rock bottom

Our support was only really vocal to drown out the away support and that was at 0-0.

The past, though, is the past.

We will, (99.9% sure) , have Danny at the helm v Motherwell and we need to do what little we can to raise the morale of our team.

Surely, in this at least, you concur?

I concur,but you are asking football fans not to behave like football fans,They boo,shout abuse sometimes,clap,cheer ,buy tickets,merchandise.and invest emotionally in the team.You get the odd ott idiot ,but trying to stop fans voicing their displeasure is an impossibility ,just stop the whole "cant be a true supporter" nonsense,its unfair.Footballers ,from amateurs to Top pros,get dogs abuse if they dont perform.Its not fair maybe but its fact

His demise began when he started following PozBaird around the forum accusing him for being a maniac for driving at 56 in a 50, then his personal abuse of several posters got worse. Now he's just like the old ranting uncle at christmas. Full of opinions, but not taken seriously anymore. It's been quite sad to see how quickly it's all fell apart for him sad.png

I'd agree to that, as long as you join him. Deal?

Naw, of course not! You have a campaign to lead!

Please give it a rest and wait to see what transpires.

The team needs supporting through this bad spell, not fair weather supporters who do walking away and just abuse the team during the 90 mins of a match, like the knob end in W1 with the black base ball cap on who shouted abuse for most of the match. When we scored the opening goal against Thistle I turned round and looked up to where that guy was sitting and noticed he was just sitting there with his face tripping him (what kind of fan is he).

I think this is the guy that sits at the aisle seat just across from me and embarrasses his wife/girlfriend with his outbursts. You have to "admire" his passion but God alone knows what game he is watching based on his yelling and ranting. Hilarious but bizarre is his bawling at Gary Harkins, or "Jamesy" as he always calls him. Maybe I'm being whooshed but it seems like a genuine Trigger-calling-Rodney-Dave situation.

Finding Lennon's successor must be an issue the board are taking into account as well.

The last 4 appointments (Hendrie from Alloa, Coughlin & Gus from within, Danny from Cowden) have been cheap, fairly risky options.

Who would be the next one? The fact that the transfer window has closed until January might discourage some of the more promising candidates.

I suppose if the BoD did appoint Paul Hartley, and we didn't like his tactics or substitutions, the song 'Hartley, Hartley what's the score?' would still fit the bill. This surely swings things in Paul Hartley's favour to (hypothetically - should Danny never win another match again, ever, never, ever), become St Mirren's next manager. We like a bargain us Buddies - one song for the price of two. I think. Anyway, the cheap option - no new songs need purchased. Good luck in your new role Paul Hartley.

What chance is there that a new manager could get better results? Considering the outlay to sack Danny and then pay compensation to another club for their management team, or you go for the cheaper option, a manager who has been sacked by another club because he has been deemed to be shite by his former club or by his former club's fans?

The outlay to sack Danny may also severly diminish our chances of adding to our squad come the next transfer window, and if our own support do walking away when things go wrong this will only financially punish the club and a new managers chance of getting new players in if Danny is sacked.

I suppose if the BoD did appoint Paul Hartley, and we didn't like his tactics or substitutions, the song 'Hartley, Hartley what's the score?' would still fit the bill. This surely swings things in Paul Hartley's favour to (hypothetically - should Danny never win another match again, ever, never, ever), become St Mirren's next manager. We like a bargain us Buddies - one song for the price of two. I think. Anyway, the cheap option - no new songs need purchased. Good luck in your new role Paul Hartley.

The same Paul Hartley that St. Mirren have hated for years, and a guy with no top flight management experience. How long before he would be verbally abused and despised on this forum if he went a further 4 or 5 games into this season without a win?

The same Paul Hartley that St. Mirren have hated for years, and a guy with no top flight management experience. How long before he would be verbally abused and despised on this forum if he went a further 4 or 5 games into this season without a win?

I wasn't really touting him for the job that doesn't exist (yet). Just attempting to lighten the mood with reference to the Hartley song still fitting the bill.

Would Hartley get grief if he WAS appointed, due to our history? Not if he picked players in their best positions, had us matching the likes of Partick for effort, team-work and passing, won the odd home game in a calendar year, and gave us hope that the best we can hope to achieve is more than merely avoiding relegation every year. If his post-match interviews didn't cause uncomfortable squirming in the nether regions, that would be nice too.

If he lost his first four games in charge? He wouldn't get grief, we'd all have thrown ourselves off the Erskine Bridge... except for Oaksoft, who would be standing on the shore below bellowing up 'It's only football!!'.