Turned Around?

Well, a mere 6 games ago the lynch squad were getting into a frenzy and even the level headed were, quite rightly, showing some concern.

Here we are and have now won 4, drawn 1 and lost one from these 6 games.

Same manager, same players. (I'll leave the tactics etc to the experts)

I've touched on this before but in my view it's rare for the same set up to have such a dramatic change of fortune.

Normally this takes a change in manager or is the result of some major transfers.

Nothing is certain, St Mirren supporters know that, but it's good to be in this position and certainly wouldn't be outrageous to see us attempting to aim for that elusive top 6 position.

Still a long way to go but at this moment EVERYONE at the club deserves great credit.

A month in football is a long time fans that were calling for DL head should be ashamed and embarrassed. If we manage a result next week he will be manager of the month. I was slightly concerned but a manager who has achieved what he has should be given the support of our fans until at least Christmas as you can't get relegated in October.

On a positive note we were excellent today one of our best performances and Ross Co should be lucky they only got beat 2-1

I was calling for him to go but I'm not embarrassed

The team were poor and the management of the team was to blame. I'm delighted he seems to have turned it around. Would I offer him a new contract, not so sure, still to make my mind up.

WELL DONE DANNY

I think it helped that he sort of realised his mistakes, he recalled Mair and started playing players in their correct position, most of all the players started wanting the ball so it's a good effort all round although it's always the manager who gets the credit or the blame

Its the same manager who could not get a song out of the same players ealier in the season. Results lately have shown that the players are capable of getting results against these easier teams. It was correct for all to have a go as we were loosing to these same teams week in week out. These results now are just a normallity. We should be looking at all these games and thinking 3 points. We as a club should not be sitting creaming ourselfs just because we beat the pig and whisle 3 nil. Once we beat teams like motherwell, dundee unt and inverness by a couple of goals then and only then can we say congrats to Danny boy and that hes doing a grand job. We shall see those results soon enough.

Well, a mere 6 games ago the lynch squad were getting into a frenzy and even the level headed were, quite rightly, showing some concern.

Here we are and have now won 4, drawn 1 and lost one from these 6 games.

Same manager, same players. (I'll leave the tactics etc to the experts)

I've touched on this before but in my view it's rare for the same set up to have such a dramatic change of fortune.

Normally this takes a change in manager or is the result of some major transfers.

Nothing is certain, St Mirren supporters know that, but it's good to be in this position and certainly wouldn't be outrageous to see us attempting to aim for that elusive top 6 position.

Still a long way to go but at this moment EVERYONE at the club deserves great credit.

Saints are doing much better and deserve credit for it well done. You probably haven't saw them except on sport scene right enough so won't actually know just how bad they were prior to this upturn. 1 win in 20 odd games was poor but fair play its looking up

Saints are doing much better and deserve credit for it well done. You probably haven't saw them except on sport scene right enough so won't actually know just how bad they were prior to this upturn. 1 win in 20 odd games was poor but fair play its looking up

I've never met you but still know you're a dick.

You make one post today, nothing in the match day thread, and come into this thread and show you can focus on the past, indeed, some supporter right enough.

Away and find something else to drag down with your optimistic outlook on life.

Edited by faraway saint

Those who were calling for Danny's head deserve most of the credit for the turnaround. DL was a rabbit in the headlights who was scared to make changes. The pressure the dissenters put on DL brought about the changes in team selection and tactics that have made the difference. Getting Goodwin out of the back 4 and dropping Harkins and Cornell as well as focussing Thommo and McGowan on the task at hand has made the difference. Well done the dissenters !

Those who were calling for Danny's head deserve most of the credit for the turnaround. DL was a rabbit in the headlights who was scared to make changes. The pressure the dissenters put on DL brought about the changes in team selection and tactics that have made the difference. Getting Goodwin out of the back 4 and dropping Harkins and Cornell as well as focussing Thommo and McGowan on the task at hand has made the difference. Well done the dissenters !

lol.giflol.giflol.gif

most pish post ever on this forum, you really think DL gives a flying f**k what you think?

most pish post ever on this forum, you really think DL gives a flying f**k what you think?

Of course he cares what the fans think. His job is on the line. The changes of tactics were his final throw of the dice, all or nothing. If he hadn't been under pressure he would have continued with his belief in the same group of players - making changes is his admission that he had been getting it wrong before the Hearts game.

The management of the football club made many mistakes in the close season and the early part of the campaign. These mistakes include, but are not limited to:

1) Signing Gary Harkins

2) Playing Gary Harkins

3) Moving Paul McGowan to accommodate Gary Harkins

4) Releasing Carey, Parkin and Guy without replacing them

5) Not signing an experienced goalkeeper and starting the season without one

7) Playing Kenny McLean at left mid

8) Signing Stephane Bahoken

9) Playing Stephane Bahoken

10) Isolating Lee Mair

Thankfully the management have came to realise these mistakes over the last few weeks, and have did a good job of rectifying them. Harkins has been punted out the side, McGowan has been restored to his correct position, Kenny McLean has been restored to his correct position, an experienced keeper has been signed, Bahoken has been isolated and Lee Mair has been restored to the squad.

Not surprisingly, the rectification of these errors has resulted in a significant up turn in results and performances. Hopefully the management have learned from these mistakes and hopefully they aren't made again.

I must say, they have pulled it out the bag to an extent. They made such a mess of it over the summer i and many others thought it was beyond repair. Thankfully some wise team selections and a good addition (Kello) coupled with some luck with injuries (Thommo staying fit and available) have resulted in this turn around. Let's hope Thommo stays fit, the thought of him becoming unavailable frankly terrifies me, we literally have no one else that can play the number 9 role to any kind of St Mirren standard.

But kudos to Danny Lennon and Tommy Craig, they made a right mess of things over the summer, however they have done a fantastic job of dragging us out of the mess they created.

Edited by Lex

Are you Jeremiah in disguise you insignificant fool?

i have a problem with your analysis Lex

you say the management got it wrong at he start

but have proved the doubters wrong

you mentioned players who in your mind are useless and have no value to the team

but what if they have a stonking 2nd half to the season

the last 6 weeks has shown me ( although i did have little doubt) what can happen

again......wayyyyy to early to judge.....you just never know