Adam Campbell Day - Killie Away

Bud the Baker

The title was supposed to be a bit tongue in cheek but there's six threads devoted to the guy on the forum dating back to last July - I think only Steven Thompson & Charlie Miller unsure.png had as many prior to joining the club.

Hopefully Campbell will be able take some of the strain off Thompson either by contributing some goals 'cos, by my reckoning, our second top scorer is McLean with 3 (1 of them a penalty) or by letting Thompson get some time off field 'cos, again by my reckoning, he's been on the field for all of our season barring 5 minutes.

Back to the game in question Campbell must start or what has been point in the chase been - surely he not going to be another Aaron Mooy?

I'm going into full elvis/lex mode here but I reckon this is the defining decision regarding the rest of our season (Kello may be as important but all we can do is hope nobody trumps us financially) and Lennon's future - let's hope he's got it right.

Im not just talking about this thread bud, I just mean the hype in general :) I hope hes shit hot like everyone else. Im just saying people should calm the jets a little, hes not played much first team football and has never played in the SPFL, some folk don't take to it (see bahoken)

And again, ill echo kendo, who do u drop to accommodate him?

If he starts who would you leave outblink.png

He's going to be playing off Thompson so I reckon it should be self-evident, but just in case it's not - 2 goal Paul McGowan. If Campbell is not a first pick then we should've gone for an old warhorse, in the Sam Parkin mould, to come on after 60/70 minutes and give Thommo the odd game off.

This could be tough, Cheesy a doubt, Mair a doubt, Goodwin suspended and McLean injured.

We could be right up against it.

If that's the case the team virtually picks itself

Kello

Kelly McGregor Naismith DVZ

Grainger Newton McGinn

McGowan Thompson Campbell

I presume Kello & Newton are still here come 2014. bag.gif

Re post # 27 that was before I knew Goodwin was out & assuming McLean is still injured.

Edited by Bud the Baker

Hope Grainger starts this game, he was 1 of our better performers yesterday, it looked as though young Kelly was blowing out his arse most of the game, think he could do with a rest. I would even consider playing Grainger in Goodwins role since he is suspended, Vanzy isn't good enough in there.

Watched the highlights of killies game against hibs. Samson was beaten twice with shots across him, quite similar to the goals he conceded in the cup final. Admittedly I didn't get to many games to witness first hand samsons weaknesses but it would seem that's one of them.some of you more regular attendees may well have picked up on this before but could somebody tell our Danny to tell our Adam before tomorrow's game?

Let me wish all buddies on here a very happy new year. I wish I was there but duty calls and hopefully get up for a game sometime soon.orrabestnatno

Hope Grainger starts this game, he was 1 of our better performers yesterday, it looked as though young Kelly was blowing out his arse most of the game, think he could do with a rest. I would even consider playing Grainger in Goodwins role since he is suspended, Vanzy isn't good enough in there.

Grainger as a holding midfielder? might work too, no doubt the man can pass a ball when his mind is right, and vanzy has to be a wide man, or not there at all, as far as the debate on where Cambpell should play, its gotta be in behind Thommo with Gowser taking Mcleans place in midfield and also pushing forward on the odd occasion, all debates aside about the defence if we score more than we concede then its all good... BaldyOzBud.. special subject? The bleedin obvious.. gies another wee goldie..1eye.gif

Where is everyone getting that DL is going to completely change his firmation to 2 up top. Have I missed something ? I can only see Campbell playing if McGowan isn't unless he can play McLean's roll (assuming Kenny is still injured)

While I can see your point the problem with these type of loans is there will be extreme pressure to play him as there's no point him coming to us if he's not going to get time on the pitch.

Interesting, although I get a feeling their will be people sharpening the knives right now as no matter what team is picked it'll be the wrong one. whistling.gif

While I can see your point the problem with these type of loans is there will be extreme pressure to play him as there's no point him coming to us if he's not going to get time on the pitch.

Interesting, although I get a feeling their will be people sharpening the knives right now as no matter what team is picked it'll be the wrong one. whistling.gif

I think your right but accommodating a player into an alien position is never easy as we have seen with Harkins. Hopefully young Campbell is more adaptable and he can be slotted in without wholesale upheaval

At lot of pressure already being put on Campbell by our support, who is a complete unknown.

We're down to bare bones squad wise, if McAusland and McLean are out injured. Is Newton still available?

Assuming the worst i'd expect a team of

Kello

Naismith McGregor DVZ Grainger

Newton McGowan McGinn Kelly

Thompson Harkins

Stick on for both Boyd and Harkins to score again.

At lot of pressure already being put on Campbell by our support, who is a complete unknown.

We're down to bare bones squad wise, if McAusland and McLean are out injured. Is Newton still available?

Assuming the worst i'd expect a team of

Kello

Naismith McGregor DVZ Grainger

Newton McGowan McGinn Kelly

Thompson Harkins

Stick on for both Boyd and Harkins to score again.

McGowan & McGinn in central midfield with DVZ in central defence?

Jesus...

Watched the highlights of killies game against hibs. Samson was beaten twice with shots across him, quite similar to the goals he conceded in the cup final. Admittedly I didn't get to many games to witness first hand samsons weaknesses but it would seem that's one of them.some of you more regular attendees may well have picked up on this before but could somebody tell our Danny to tell our Adam before tomorrow's game?

Let me wish all buddies on here a very happy new year. I wish I was there but duty calls and hopefully get up for a game sometime soon.orrabestnatno

Samson's big fault was that he needed 2 kicks, in general, to kick after a pass back. He is also guilty of holding the ball too long, allowing the opposition to fall back in numbers. He was really a good stopper, but he'll come back and bite me on the arse for saying that

Samson's big fault was that he needed 2 kicks, in general, to kick after a pass back. He is also guilty of holding the ball too long, allowing the opposition to fall back in numbers. He was really a good stopper, but he'll come back and bite me on the arse for saying that

Samsons distribution was excellent, short or long, usually found a St Mirren player.

Another player who became a diddy when he left. rolleyes.gif

Samsons distribution was excellent, short or long, usually found a St Mirren player.

Another player who became a diddy when he left. rolleyes.gif

I never said he was a diddy, just pointing out some of his faults. Riordan used the double kick to nip in and take it off him before the second one. I agree his distribution was excellent and some of his stops were world class, but he also had glaring faults.