Saints V Celtic Lunchtime Sun 5 Jan

You should be interested in those sorts of teams, because they come from the type of town we do, have the kind of support we do, and try to fight against the local population going to Ibrox or Celtic Park, like we do.

Looking at such clubs would help you get some perspective on your latest bollocks.

Here to help. As my guide dog is too. I can think of a good place to shove my white stick as well.

would you like to try it.

It is Celtic but.... the centre of defence has got to be addressed.

Last season was our worst in the SPL for goals conceded (60). We are on course now (34 conceded in just 20 games) for an even worse return, and that's with a brilliant keeper!

Combinations of McGregor/Mair/McAusland/Goodwin have been tried and will not do. Lennon didn't sign any defenders in the summer, so must have thought those he had would tighten up. Unfortunately not. The shakiness also seems to be affecting the confidence of the two excellent young full backs we've brought through. They need to be beside older pros they can rely on.

We haven't actually signed any centre-halves since McGregor and McAusland came in three and a half years ago. Freshening things up in that position is well overdue and should be a priority. It was a mistake by Lennon not to address the weak defence in the summer. Kello has papered over the cracks a wee bit but it's still our achilles heel, and could well leave us battling to avoid 11th.

if he does go into the transfer market, he'll fanny about with midfielders and players who's positions are pretty much covered - that's generally been the way since he arrived.

I have it on very good authority that Thompson isn't fully fit.

As we've reached the doomsday scenario of having no replacement for him, he's played the last two games, when he shouldn't have.

Not to worry, Bahoken might be back soon.dry.png

That's not a post I like very much!

I suppose there's always the possibility Bahoken may step in to fill Thompson' boots. Flush.gif

Groundhog day. Until we instil a different mentality we will continue to get pumped when up against teams like this. Watched some of Gary birtles interview yesterday when he talked about Brian clough and how he had his team believe the could beat anyone. That's how you make up for shortcomings. The capitulation of our players when we go behind is nothing short of disgraceful. I would rather see players cautioned or sent off getting stuck in and demonstrating that going behind hurts them. Our Danny is too nice. Maybe behind closed doors he is different. I just wish that publicly he would talk up his teams chances. A team quite often reflects the managers personality. I'm all for nice passing, pretty football but not when it means fighting relegation every season. It's not unreasonable to expect whoever leads our club to have learned from their mistakes. It would appear that Danny continues to make the same mistakes eg unsuccessful signings, poor substitutions , changing a winning team to name but a few. Danny is clearly a nice guy, but a winner? I feel this transfer window is his very last chance to show he has learned something. If not then I fear it's goodbye

With Gowser forgetting who he played for and Newton posted missing for most of the match we probably did better than we should have with one midfielder digging in.

I would have even taken Reilly for McGowan early doors.

Gave up the middle of the park from the 46th minute and made Cellic's job so easy.

First half, although lucky to be 0-0 at the break, we at least showed determination and grit.

Kello didn't deserve to be on the end of a thrashing. Two superb stops. Possibly three if the one off the post in the first half was a stop.

Not sure why Connor Newton is getting stick on here, I thought he was the only guy still busting a gut after we went 1-0 down.

Bloody depressing stuff overall today.

I think I know why - because he played dreadfully. He wasn't our worst player. but honestly don't see what everyone sees in Connor. Take away his goal in the cup final, when is the last time he influenced a game? There are plenty young players who will chase every ball, close down men and then shite out of tackles - why do we need someone on loan from the EPL to do this!

To not have one shot on goal at home is shocking and the St Mirren fans that attended today did not deserve that gutless second half performance. Would be willing to accept today as a blip but to be honest we have seen that type of performance too many times. I can deal with getting beat if we have put in the effort but that was just embarrassing ..... lucky it wasn't 6 or 7 sad.png

With Gowser forgetting who he played for and Newton posted missing for most of the match we probably did better than we should have with one midfielder digging in.

I would have even taken Reilly for McGowan early doors.

Gave up the middle of the park from the 46th minute and made Cellic's job so easy.

First half, although lucky to be 0-0 at the break, we at least showed determination and grit.

Kello didn't deserve to be on the end of a thrashing. Two superb stops. Possibly three if the one off the post in the first half was a stop.

Reilly for McGowan your joking? Reilly isn't good enough

A lot of harsh comments on here.

The way we set up meant the team had to work their arses off just to contain Celtic first half - they did so but we were lucky to get away with it. They then bowed to the inevitable after the first goal.

To try and play that open in midfield against Celtic was just stupid.

We were clear of the bottom and looking upwards before Xmas and now we're right back in the middle of a scrap.

Disastrous couple of weeks and I don't particularly trust the management any more to bring in any decent players this month.

A lot of harsh comments on here.

The way we set up meant the team had to work their arses off just to contain Celtic first half - they did so but we were lucky to get away with it. They then bowed to the inevitable after the first goal.

To try and play that open in midfield against Celtic was just stupid.

We were clear of the bottom and looking upwards before Xmas and now we're right back in the middle of a scrap.

Disastrous couple of weeks and I don't particularly trust the management any more to bring in any decent players this month.

I agree, we could have played.....................................erm 1eye.gif

It is Celtic but.... the centre of defence has got to be addressed.

Last season was our worst in the SPL for goals conceded (60). We are on course now (34 conceded in just 20 games) for an even worse return, and that's with a brilliant keeper!

Combinations of McGregor/Mair/McAusland/Goodwin have been tried and will not do. Lennon didn't sign any defenders in the summer, so must have thought those he had would tighten up. Unfortunately not. The shakiness also seems to be affecting the confidence of the two excellent young full backs we've brought through. They need to be beside older pros they can rely on.

We haven't actually signed any centre-halves since McGregor and McAusland came in three and a half years ago. Freshening things up in that position is well overdue and should be a priority. It was a mistake by Lennon not to address the weak defence in the summer. Kello has papered over the cracks a wee bit but it's still our achilles heel, and could well leave us battling to avoid 11th.

THIS

Not sure why Connor Newton is getting stick on here, I thought he was the only guy still busting a gut after we went 1-0 down.

Bloody depressing stuff overall today.

Same as Thursday I'm afraid , headless chicken and pulling out of challenges !

I don't trust the manager to sign the players needed to guide us to safety. I said in September I would take 10th I thought that looked unlikely as we were so close to 7th just last week. We couldn't beat hearts and then lose at killie and again today. We're right in the shit with st.johnstone and hibs away up next.

Wouldn't read too much into this game, thought that we were outclassed in a second half spell by a team that is miles head of us in terms of resources etc.

Next game is more of a guide to how good or bad we are. Another big test coming up for Danny, he needs to use the transfer window well.

Next game is more of a guide to how good or bad we are.

You could argue that this was the case in terms of the two matches prior to this afternoon. In both matches we were less than impressive. Some decent passages, but huffing and puffing away for the most part, with no consistency at all.

It seems, based on recent form, that the Dundee united match was the blip/abberation. That's a bit demoralising. Pressure back on with the County and Thistle looking improved.