Eric Djemba Djemba

Nice video from the Beeb here about Eric's Djourney....

watch for the kit man at the end almost doing a Charlie Green when he tells Eric why the third/yellow top would suit him....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26081474

Phew!.........nearly! Great to see the club getting some world wide exposure. Don't know and don't care what kind of wage oor Eric is on but if he can attract a few hundred extra onto home gates then it'll be worth it for the atmosphere alone( checking flights as we speak)

Good points from ealrier posts about previous Old Trafford flops Diego Forlan and Juan Sebastian Veron, of whom Fergie was once quoted as saying, "He's a f**king great player, and you're all f**king idiots", (I tend to agree).

There have been many other considered flops at Man Utd, including most recently, Dimitar Berbatov. Others like Kleberson and Jordi Cruyff were class players who just didn't quite click. I could even go back as far as Gary Birtles, who only scored once for Man U if I remember correctly, and then scored on his first game back at Notts Forest under Clough.

Point being, Djemb Djemba was signed as an expected successor to Roy Keane, so is just the type of defensive midfielder we need to protect the defense. Even if he did flop at United, he should still be good enough for our wee league even if he has lost a leg.

I'm glad to see us making such a bold move and can't understand any negative comments in connection with this signing.