Eric Djemba Djemba

If he helps us to a comfortable league finish and a potential cup run then it benefits all parties. Club, player and manager.

Whether he gets offered a new deal or not should we finish anywhere above the play-off spot, Danny's CV is going to look none too shabby over his 4 years. And a tough act to follow.

"A tough act to follow " !! lay off the glue

If he helps us to a comfortable league finish and a potential cup run then it benefits all parties. Club, player and manager.

Whether he gets offered a new deal or not should we finish anywhere above the play-off spot, Danny's CV is going to look none too shabby over his 4 years. And a tough act to follow.

Actually that's a fair comment.

He's in a bit of trouble at the moment but there's plenty of time for him to turn it around.

I reckon he'll need to get us chasing down 7th spot and probably a final appearance to stay here close season.

It's now or never.

you didn't his first name is Eric.

Too true.

This reminds me of my old friend Henry Kissinger who tells the story of how he reacts when someone says hello to him by name and he cannot remember their name.

Henry says to them "I've forgotten your name"

And they say, for example, "Vladimir"and Henry says "I know it's Vladimir, it's your second name I can't remember."

And alternatively if Henry was to receive the reply "Putin" he would say. "I know it's Putin, it's your first name I forgotten."

Until, one day, he tried it with Boutrous Boutrous-Ghali.

The thing a like most about this signing is that we've signed someone of real quality, with ambition. It's clear that the lad is desperate to get into this Cameroon squad for the WC and thinks St Mirren is his best chance at it.

In the past week, St Mirren have trended twice on Twitter - due to Djemba-Djemba, and #NoToNovo. Lots of fans/players/managers are on Twitter and you can be sure that we've raised a few eyebrows around Europe.

It gives the club a new identity. Instead of being seen as a shite wee club - we're suddenly seen as a club with fans who stand together for a cause - and bringing in some decent names despite our tight budget.

Well done the club in firstly telling Novo to GTF, and now bringing in a player with real credentials.

We'll just been a wee club.

Without doubt, that was the most fun new signing interview I can remember us having. AWP - Djemba bunnets on sale soon.

Good one on the BEEB, too. A bit of banter with the kit man!

Good to see us getting some decent press.

Edited by Drew

This is surely a signing to enjoy. As long as the deal doesn't go against the longterm financial plan what is there to complain about?

Perhaps playing with two defensive midfielders will negate the need for another centre-half. Perhaps playing a game or two with Goody at centre half in Cheesy's absence will be fine.

An ambitious signing, promoting our club around the world, perhaps drawing some attention to BoD's plan to sell, but on the whole an experienced pro, who's played at a much higher level and has a point to prove/World Cup place to aim for...

Well done to all involved with the signing and promoting our club (as long as it's not breaking the bank).

Have we ever had a player at our club playing in the World Cup at the same time? Did Roy Aitken sign after Italia 90?

Cheer up doubters, enjoy the ride. Isma was a name that had never been heard of before that now will never be forgotten. Maybe we'll get lucky two years in a row...

Bon chance Eric et allez les Saints!

Edited by Bart Simpson

Just had this suggestion sent to me, it's a cracker

A classic, ol together now to the tune of glory glory to the stmirren ( or sum ov use mite know it fae a man u song ) :

His name is djemba djemba and he comes fae cameroon,

Arrived in sunny Paisley on a Wednesday afternoon,

Hees heard of jimmy goodwin, thommohawk and john mcginn,

And the saints go marching on on on.........

glory glory djemba djemba,

Glory glory Paisley stmirren,

Glory glory Paisley stmirren and the saints go marching on....

Get it liked and sung on Sunday!!