Lennon Out

McGinn, Thompson and Kello to be fair. Kello's arrival has thrown into even sharper focus what an absolute dereliction of duty was performed by the board of directors and manager in the summer. They thought it was a good idea to take a top-flight team into a season with two teenage loanee goalies on the books.

Dilo isnae on loan.

McGinn, Thompson and Kello to be fair. Kello's arrival has thrown into even sharper focus what an absolute dereliction of duty was performed by the board of directors and manager in the summer. They thought it was a good idea to take a top-flight team into a season with two teenage loanee goalies on the books.

Cornell isnae a teenager either

Cornell isnae a teenager either

FFS. I used the wrong words, made errors to get the point across about how much Kello has improved matters from the time our manager took us into a new season with....

Two. Young. Inexperienced. Keepers.

At last, I've nailed it! Forgive me my sins BAWA!

FFS. I used the wrong words, made errors to get the point across about how much Kello has improved matters from the time our manager took us into a new season with....

Made me chuckle and I couldn't resist. Point made and agreed with

Danny's legacy will be:

1926, 1959, 1987, 2013.

Best league finish in 25 years.

Youngsters in the first team.

However, with this squad and Rangers and Hearts in the doldrums, anyone with even a cursory knowledge of Scottish football will be able to see that we shouldn't be anywhere near 11th. We're there 2 seasons in a row.

When it comes down to it, I don't really care all that much what league we're in. Watching us play Motherwell or Hamilton? Not that bothered. It's been incredibly frustrating though having the quality of the likes of Thompson and not being able to, at the very least, consolidate for a few seasons in the middle of a relatively weak league.

I think ultimately we will look back on Lennon as the guy who assembled the best squad of players for a generation but just couldn't get them to play for him.

Danny's legacy will be:

1926, 1959, 1987, 2013.

Best league finish in 25 years.

Youngsters in the first team.

However, with this squad and Rangers and Hearts in the doldrums, anyone with even a cursory knowledge of Scottish football will be able to see that we shouldn't be anywhere near 11th. We're there 2 seasons in a row.

When it comes down to it, I don't really care all that much what league we're in. Watching us play Motherwell or Hamilton? Not that bothered. It's been incredibly frustrating though having the quality of the likes of Thompson and not being able to, at the very least, consolidate for a few seasons in the middle of a relatively weak league.

I think ultimately we will look back on Lennon as the guy who assembled the best squad of players for a generation but just couldn't get them to play for him.

Whilst I agree with most of your post, I have to point out that neither sevco nor Hearts are in any doldrums - they are financial basket cases.

THAT is also why St Mirren are underperforming. Saints refuse to go down that suicidal finance route and so the club has more than its fair share of "middling" players... That and DL seemingly unable to pick his nose....

In all honesty, I'm not sure what it would take to save the season now.

My hunch is that Thompson is one of the lads in the dressing room, and, as such, would not be the best option to get in about the squad and put a few bombs under arses etc. That is without factoring in his lack of experience. Nah, not for me.

The best we could hope for is the new manager bounce that allegedly sometimes happens when a change is made. If Danny is bagged, his replacement should be someone who can come in and galvanise the squad within a matter of a few short weeks. This is a huge ask for anyone, but the question remains as to how much we have to lose by giving this a try at least. I'm now inclined to think that it would be best all round if the BoD finally made some form of decision and looked to make a change while there is still a chance that it could make an impact.

I have to agree with Drew, I'm not saying that ST wouldn't want the position at some point in his career, but not when you are needed up front, playing for the jersey and then also coaching, managing and adjusting team tactics.bangin.gif

What has troubled me for some weeks has been the lack of focus on exactly what our team tactics are. One week it's the cross field own half passing regime and build from the back, the next it's the long ball, the next it's press in mid-field. Now I accept that different opposition teams need different approaches, but a team that is struggling and being asked to change line-up and approach week on week can't get into any kind of a stride.

I've said for more than a year that we lack a commanding centre half. Saturday was another glaring example, or at least that is how it appeared to me. Goodwin got bossed off the ball and a number of cross balls into the box were very poorly dealt with. I'm sadly coming to the point where I think he with the name that you say twice is a luxury we can't afford, as the reason he is here is to protect the back two................ well you need a central back two to defend in the event he is injured / substituted / dropped.

The BoD's have a direct responsibility, but their decision to hold onto both DL & TC through such a dismal run will reflect extremely badly on them come May if their approach is to then hold on to both to the end of their contracts.

We started the 1978/79 season with 2 young keepers aged 20 & 17 respectively who didn't have a single first team game under their belts.

We finished that season in 6th position.

Those 2 young keepers were arguably the greatest in the club's history.

The issue wasn't about the age of the keepers surely? I would have thought that the issue was the quality of the keepers..

And isn't Dilo quite good?

We started the 1978/79 season with 2 young keepers aged 20 & 17 respectively who didn't have a single first team game under their belts.

The issue wasn't about the age of the keepers surely? I would have thought that the issue was the quality of the keepers..

You forgot to add that Thompson was a regular U/21 internationalist and cost us a far bit of money.

He wasn't unknown and played for Thistle when Rough couldn't

Got to say I've never heard of Ally McLean playing for us, whereas Ally Hunter was on our books at that time.

Hunter was long gone at this point in time. McLean was outstanding in the game at Ibrox but went to Thistle as part of the deal that brought Thomson to Love St. McLean played for 5 clubs in the Premier League , Ayr , Aberdeen , St Mirren , Thistle and Motherwell !

I think Dilo is better than Cornell, but Danny seemed to have Cornell as No1, then swapped him for Dilo, then brought in a genuinely experienced keeper to relegate Dilo to No2.

I don't think going into the season with Cornell and Dilo was a good idea. What happened in an era when I was wearing a denim jacket emblazoned with AC/DC and UFO patches and reeking of patchouli oil is of minimal interest to me.