Vs The Fakes - 25/3/14

Only positive this season has been the young boys come through but can we rely on them to drag us out of this? Kelly was ripped apart tonight. McGinn,Mclean,Newton and McGowan were invisible. Magennis is not a centre forward..

To be fair, Magennis isn't a footballer never mind a centre forward. His performance last night bordered on the sickening, so ineffective it was - no room in the team for guys who shrink half a foot when they challenge for a header!

it was almost exactly this time in 1988 that Alex Smith got the sack and Tony and Frank took over. Whatever the rights and wrongs of that the change got us a very unlikely 1-0 win at Tynecastle and sparked a bounce that saved us from relegation that season.

Something has to change very very quickly or we will be in the play off (mind you, I am pretty confident we would win that, rather it wasn't Dundee though! ) but we don't want to be there.

The script seems to be written for Thompson and Teale to take over to save our season.

I don't like the idea of sacking Danny or seeing him resign, I think he can still turn it around but SOMETHING HAS TO CHANGE or it will be the same stuff game after game.

What worried me most tonight was our lack of organisation - at times we were chasing the ball like it was a game in a school ball playground. St Johnstone were well organised and pissed all over our midfield tbh.

As the song goes, where do we go from here ....... its down to the playoff I fear !

very good Dare, I know the song you mean from 32 years ago....but your version duzny QUITE! scan ;-) Edited by farmer john

I'm sure our form has reflected on our attendance but to use a Tuesday night game as any real evidence isn't particularly relevant.

I had worked out our win ratio was around 1:4 the magic calendar year, our loss ratio has been about 2:4.

Anyhow, the real worry is our recent form, certainly wins, have been worrying.

We are running out of time.

I would say the real worry after last night is that the players don't seem to give a shit and in that I sadly include players who claim to be 'fans' of the club. Maybe the team will turn up tonight because they didn't last night and certain 'club heroes' should take a long hard look at themselves and how they are dragging the club down

That was just awful last night. Kelly got pulled apart and Cheesy had a shocker. Midfield weren't in it and Thommo never looked likely. But for ten minutes at the start of the second half there was no urgency. Heads look down, and I do fear for the rest of the season

No craft, and no graft.

When we desperately need both attributes, we had neither. That is unforgivable.

St Johnstone cruised to that victory, and 0-1 flatters St Mirren. Sadly, for all that was apparently a weakened SJ team, there was still a look of a division between them and Saints. They were more committed, looking to chase down loose balls, but remained composed for all that. I don't think any of their players broke into a sweat.

I didn't get home till almost 11 last night due to the incident on the A82, so had ample time to simmer as I sat in the traffic, but , to be honest, I am now close to not giving two f**ks.

Disillusioned doesn't cover it. Apathy is possibly a more accurate way to describe how I feel.

As shull would say....f**kEM!

Edited by Drew

Lennon has been discussed on here enough so I'm not going to go into that but for me the players need to take responsibility for a dire performance last night.

The only ones I would give pass marks are Mclean and Mcgowan, both worked hard and seemed up for it even though they were getting nowhere. Everyone else just seemed to give up, no fight or desire to win. We seemed knackard with 20 minutes to go, 2nd to every ball and not even challenging for alot of headers.

It's the worst I've seen McGinn play, too many times he tried to dribble instead of pass which nearly lead to a goal, but he has been excellent all season so he gets a bye.

The team had no shape, we were getting pulled all over the place and couldn't get near St Johnstone in spells. Wether that is the players fault, or DL's for not making it clear what everyones position and job is, I dont know.

Wylde at least looked as though he could create something when he came on despite half his crosses hitting the first man. We've got to start him and Teale on Saturday on the wings rather than play with 4 natural central midfileders, it left Kelly and Naismith with no protection and when Mclean got the ball in midfield his only option was a floated ball into the box from the middle of the park, or try to find Mcgowan with 2 men on him.

Worst £20 I've spent in a long time, if we fought hard and got beat you could maybe accept it but it seems like we are just rolling over and waiting for the playoffs in the hopes we can win over 2 legs.

P.S Magennis is shite, Campbell may not have been great every game but he's certainly more dangerous. He can catch a defence offside with his pace or at least create some space for Thommo.

Edited by irvine_buddie

Was Kello injured last night - i still cannot see that confirmed anywhere. If not then that must be one of lennon's worst decisions yet to sub him at ht. Yes he was caught in no mans land for their goal but if he wasn't injured then it would appear he has been made scape-goat for that goal which is utter nonsense. We were then left with only 2 outfield substitutions and we ended up in the last 10 mins playing McGregor up front with Thommo and the useless Magennis while Campbell (a striker) was again sitting on his arse on the bench. We reverted to the most basic pish imaginable last night with Wylde and Teale wide trying to pump useless ball after useless ball into what became 3 big men up front. Stone age tactics. If Kello was subbed for reasons other than injury then that decision alone should see Lennon walk. If he is not getting a new contract then wtf is he still in charge - a total lame duck who's deameanor last night cut a sorry sight. Put him out his misery now while we still have half a chance. Any out of work manager would surely see it as an opportunity to clinch a contract if they keep us up. Despite my rant I still feel Gilmour & Co are going to sit on their behinds and say / do nothing still clinging to the hope we will emerge from this car crash of a season with our top flight status intact. I was convinced we would beat any Div 1 team over 2 legs but on lat nights showing I'm not so sure now !

Was Kello injured last night - i still cannot see that confirmed anywhere. If not then that must be one of lennon's worst decisions yet to sub him at ht. Yes he was caught in no mans land for their goal but if he wasn't injured then it would appear he has been made scape-goat for that goal which is utter nonsense.

I did notice that Dilo was out warming up before the HT interval, and wondered if there was a problem with Kello.

I could not come on here last night as I was disgusted with the performance served up. Lucky if one or two managed a rating of 1 out of 10.

And I do not mean to single out Mclean but am surprised at the number of people who thought he was one of the better players last night. Unlike Goodwin who moves from his position in front of the back four to whatever side an attack is coming down to break it up, Kenny stays static in his position leaving both flanks exposed. Felt sorry for Kelly last night as he was willing to have a go forwards but was totally exposed when we lost the ball. Goodwin would have been coveing these gaps.

And Kenny over-hit the balll constantly with his world-cup passes. Its ok to pass to a team mate Kenny, who is 5 yards away, and its ok to keep a cross under the height of the stand and in the park.

Mclean has been very good in 2.5 of of the previous 3 games but he was woeful last night. And sadly one of ten or eleven.

Still scunnered by last night. When the fakes scored we went to pot - running about like headless chickens as if some players didn't know where they were meant to be. Cheesey had a nightmare, Magennis not impressed with at all. McGowan was starting to look ok before he was subbed. The midfield defo missed Goodwin. But the thing that worries me the most is the severe lack of fight!!! No matter what your thoughts on Danny Lennon - he shouldn't have to gee the players up for a game like that. 1-0 totally flattered us it could easily have been 3 or 4 but they are shite - but they beat us!

Still scunnered by last night. When the fakes scored we went to pot - running about like headless chickens as if some players didn't know where they were meant to be. Cheesey had a nightmare, Magennis not impressed with at all. McGowan was starting to look ok before he was subbed. The midfield defo missed Goodwin. But the thing that worries me the most is the severe lack of fight!!! No matter what your thoughts on Danny Lennon - he shouldn't have to gee the players up for a game like that. 1-0 totally flattered us it could easily have been 3 or 4 but they are shite - but they beat us!

Agree that players should be self motivate to succeed as, after all, they are paid well for doing their job. Once they cross that line then the manager cannot do anything other than change tactics or make substitutions. If our players do not or are not able to do the simple things like play a pass on the deck or see the issues on the pitch then they should not be there. What is the role of our captain in all of this, time he got a grip on the pitch and sorted things out. If there are issues about players not happy with playing in certain positions then I expect our captain to raise this with the manager and get it sorted out.

It would be nice to have heard that from the club but they dont appear to comment or give us information on anything

After match interview with DL:-

The manager revealed the half-time withdrawal of keeper Marian Kello was enforced upon him: “Marian’s replacement was forced upon us, as he has an injury to his inductor and we will have a look at him tomorrow and assess him.

Kello is a shadow of the Keeper he was a few months ago. 3 games in a row he has made mistakes.

McAusland was the very definition of a bombscare last night.

Kelly was caught in a perfect storm. With McAusland feeding him suicide passes. Croft having a good game on the wing, and McGinn failing to provide any sort of support for him.

McGinn was sloppy, and in trying to make up for his mistakes he tried to do too much elsewhere instead of focussing on his own job. I thought he also looked knackered as each time he was caught in possession he just let the guys run away from him.

Newton...did nothing. At all.

Magennis and Thompson were anonymous. Disappointing considering the amount of balls aimed at them.

The only positive perfomances were Naismith, McGregor and the substitutes.

When was the last time we were able to pass the ball through the opposition. Sure we swing in crosses from out wide and deep time after time, but I mean slide a pass through a defence for someone to run onto. I can only think of Newton in the final, Mair doing it from our half for McGowan against St Johnstone in the Autumn...and before that I can only remember it happening with Hasselbaink against Aberdeen.

Considering we play every with McGinn, McGowan, McLean and Newton that's just not good enough. Creative midfielders apparently.

Get Goodwin back in the middle, stop teams running through us, Wylde and Teale on each touchline to counter quickly.

felt sorry for sean kelly last night,marc mcausland constantly tried to play the ball out of the area instead of clearing it up the park,he held on to the ball too long and then passed it to kelly who was left stranded with it, and st j players soon cottoned on to what was happening and began cutting out the slow passes to kelly, poor show from mcausland - he needs to be told he is not a ball player, he is also not a very good centre half - why does he get picked week after week - we dont have any other option for that position without compromising another position is why

I wasn't at the game as I was working in Inverness but just watched the highlights.

Looks like we got off to a good start but after that it was one way traffic.

Sounds like Cheesy at a total nightmare after reading through the posts which is worrying as he's a confidence player. Once the head is down it's hard to lift sometimes.

Wtf was McGregor doing for the goal? Camera behind the goal is the best one, his man spins off to the back post while McGregor is caught ball watching. Result = free header at goal. Even at that, Cheesy didn't make much of a jump at it. Dreadful goal to lose and dreadful result.

Real fight for survival now.

OK, apart from Newton, who else has regularly been played out of position this year?

Kello - No

Dillo - No

Naismith - best position could be centre back but has done fine at right back

Kelly - No

DVZ - a few games as a holding midfielder when Goodwin was suspended

Grainger - had a few games as midfielder after losing his favoured LB spot

McGregor- No

McAusland -No

Mair - No

McGowan - No - unless people want to go back to using him as a winger?

McLean - No

McGinn - No

Goodwin - has played holding midfield and centre half

Teale - No

Magennis - No

Wylde - No

Campbell - No

Harkins - No

Thompson - No

Bahoken - No

Caprice - your guess is as good as mine!

Djembe Djembe - No

Unless we are going to start saying professional midfielders can only play in 1 favoured role and are useless elsewhere in midfield I think it is a stretch to say we see lots of players getting played out of position under DL.

I wasn't at the game as I was working in Inverness but just watched the highlights.

Looks like we got off to a good start but after that it was one way traffic.

Sounds like Cheesy at a total nightmare after reading through the posts which is worrying as he's a confidence player. Once the head is down it's hard to lift sometimes.

Wtf was McGregor doing for the goal? Camera behind the goal is the best one, his man spins off to the back post while McGregor is caught ball watching. Result = free header at goal. Even at that, Cheesy didn't make much of a jump at it. Dreadful goal to lose and dreadful result.

Real fight for survival now.

I felt Darren had a man with Cheesy deciding the guy needed marked twice instead of picking up the spare man. For all we know they play zonal, certainly didn't look man for man. Either way, awful awareness that Potter would have been proud of.

I really we hope we don't go knee jerk and bring Jim back in. He opened up the midfield for Celtic at Parkhead, anyone with pace will do him...especially if he "fills gaps" or as I call it finds himself well out of position.

I could not come on here last night as I was disgusted with the performance served up. Lucky if one or two managed a rating of 1 out of 10.

And I do not mean to single out Mclean but am surprised at the number of people who thought he was one of the better players last night. Unlike Goodwin who moves from his position in front of the back four to whatever side an attack is coming down to break it up, Kenny stays static in his position leaving both flanks exposed. Felt sorry for Kelly last night as he was willing to have a go forwards but was totally exposed when we lost the ball. Goodwin would have been coveing these gaps.

And Kenny over-hit the balll constantly with his world-cup passes. Its ok to pass to a team mate Kenny, who is 5 yards away, and its ok to keep a cross under the height of the stand and in the park.

Mclean has been very good in 2.5 of of the previous 3 games but he was woeful last night. And sadly one of ten or eleven.

You forgot the quick free kick McGinn played to McLean who looked to be in a decent position to have a shot from the edge of the box, Instead he done his usual, turned back and played a sideways pass.