No Decision On Danny For Now

Are we any further forward than we were when he joined? If we keep him on will he take us forward after 4 years of inertia? Yes, we won the League Cup, but make no mistake, had we not won it he would have been gone last season.

Taking whether he stays or goes out of the equation the answer to your question is surely yes? We've finished higher in the league than anytime in the last 20 years ( and still have a chance to do so again come Saturday) and have won a major domestic honour. Add to that we've played some nice stuff at times. So, yeah we are further forward. Question is, could we have gone further with what talent has been at his disposal?

Things could be much worse.

We could be a club a few miles east who have squandered Millions trying to get out of the lower divisions and despite having the 2nd largest playing budget have failed to win a major domestic honour - that club is in turmoil and their supporters are revolting.

They are a bit smellywhistling.gif

Edited by pod

My only issue with this is the naïveté shown by Stuart Gilmour in agreeing to an interview where he had to know he'd be put on the spot on the subject on Lennon's future. Happy enough to grab a wee bit more of the limelight around the whole playoff situation he painted himself and the BOD into a corner when he mentioned today's meeting and the focus on the manager's position.

I actually thought Richard Gordon gave him an easy ride, giving him an "out" at the end but it was a stupid thing to do and whether Lennon stays or not he didn't deserve fresh speculation around his future as he's had more than enough of that.

I know you are one of many fans who support Lennon and would like him to stay. I have no argument with that, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Mine, of course, is the opposite view to yours and has been for a considerable time. Your wording, though , has me wondering if you are being serious or perhaps sarcastic. The use of the word "legend" is interesting, bearing in mind the correct meaning which is more fictitious than reality. The reality is that Lennons league record (even ignoring the scandalous one against Celtic) is awful in four seasons with consecutive wins as rare as hens teeth. Long overdue for his departure in my opinion. Only my opinion, mind.

Scandalous against Celtic you say ???

Celtic have more income than the 40 provincial Scottish Clubs combined.

They should be demolishing every Club they meet by lots of goals to nil.

They are f*cking freaks of Scottish Football.

If they beat us every league match for the next 50 years, it widnae matter a jot.

As long as we and other diddy Clubs can win the odd one off cup tie against them, that'll do me.

Managers cannae be sacked for continuosly losing league matches to the multi millionaires of Celtic Park.

Edited by shull

I understand that SG assumed there would be a consensus and clarity agreed today at the meeting and made his comments because he was very confident. However, at the meeting other board members upset at both his confidence and assumptions so a clear decision was not met.

Its petty, its point scoring and chest puffing but the bottom line is its not good for the club.

Whatever we think of the managers performance over the past 4 years no one can say that DL hasn't always supported the club and conducted himself in a professional and resonant manner. this is his livelihood a he works in an industry wholly based on reputation and results. He deserves better from this club.

I am annoyed that the Board are in disagreement on this and cannot act professionally and deal with HR matters in the confidence they deserve.

Quite simply Stewart should have declined to be interviewed on the beeb last night. His remarks purely sparked controversy.

I never heard the interview last night so can't comment on that but if asked about DL's contract he should simply have replied with all in good time or even say no telling you ya nosey bastard, instead of saying what other forum user's have stated he had said, as this is not fair on DL, the player's and the supporters off this fine football club.

Well spotted.

Folk only seem happy when theyre moaning! Had gilmour not commented the other night fans would have accused him of keeping them in the dark, which weve seen them say through out the season! Fickle isnt the word for it!

Still enrages me when people attack the decisions our board make. They went out on a limb to get the club where it is today and have always done what they thought was right for st mirren, just a shame they dont have the crystal ball some think they do.

Just need to look at the circus that is the sevco board, f**king conmen duping the fans into thinking they are rangers through and through when in fact they are vultures tearing out what they can to line their pockets!

Folk only seem happy when theyre moaning! Had gilmour not commented the other night fans would have accused him of keeping them in the dark, which weve seen them say through out the season! Fickle isnt the word for it!

Still enrages me when people attack the decisions our board make. They went out on a limb to get the club where it is today and have always done what they thought was right for st mirren, just a shame they dont have the crystal ball some think they do.

Just need to look at the circus that is the sevco board, f**king conmen duping the fans into thinking they are rangers through and through when in fact they are vultures tearing out what they can to line their pockets!

People will only hear what they want to hear or twist it for their own agenda.

I have hidden the post regarding directorships after a complaint I received this morning.

For the record, the chairman of St.Mirren FC Ltd is Mr Stewart George Gilmour.

The director of the other company listed in the post I have hidden is Mr Stewart Gordon Gilmour.

Not the same person.

Please be careful posting potentially sensitive information on the forums.

I have hidden the post regarding directorships after a complaint I received this morning.

For the record, the chairman of St.Mirren FC Ltd is Mr Stewart George Gilmour.

The director of the other company listed in the post I have hidden is Mr Stewart Gordon Gilmour.

Not the same person.

Please be careful posting potentially sensitive information on the forums.

Hidden post? Really?

It's all public information, available free of charge at the click of a button.

The op just got the name mixed up.

Edited by davidg

It's all public information.

The op just got the family member mixed up.

Yeah it is public information mate, but when that public information is mis-reported then it causes problems.

Stewart will be at the Player of The Year event tomorrow afternoon so if anyone would like a chat with him you know where he will be !

Yeah it is public information mate, but when that public information is mis-reported then it causes problems.

Stewart will be at the Player of The Year event tomorrow afternoon so if anyone would like a chat with him you know where he will be !

Fairdoos

I don't imagine there are many spl chairman like SG who make themselves as open and approachable. Can't ask for more.

Edited by davidg

Please don't take this as any form of dig, as I respect anyone who is passionate about Saints, but I do have to take issue with something here.

Why would you be enraged by anyone who attacks (for this, I would read strongly criticises?) any decisions made by the BoD? Are they unimpeachable? They are human like the rest of us, and prone to making errors of judgement. Moreover, can you seriously expect people to either agree with every decision made, or simply accept them and not pipe up on account of the (extremely) positive contributions they have made during their tenure at the club?

Just like Danny cannot dine out on the League Cup victory indefinitely, nor is it reasonable to expect people not to criticise elements of the current BoD's stewardship of the club on the basis of their intervention to save it from the clutches of RB.

I'm not going to refer to any specific decisions that I have disagreed with, because it is neither the time nor the place, and nor am I presumptious enough to think that you'd be interested in any event, but I will stoutly defend my entitlement to throw in my tuppence worth.

The recent debacle regarding the manager's position reflects poorly on the club. It was wholly unnecessary, and has left a bad taste with a number of supporters - myself included - so I can only begin to wonder how it has left the management team and some of the players feeling. Its not good, however you dress it up.

I stand corrected Stewart Gordon Gilmour is a director of both Provan Sports and Gilmour Sports

Scandalous against Celtic you say ???

Celtic have more income than the 40 provincial Scottish Clubs combined.

They should be demolishing every Club they meet by lots of goals to nil.

They are f*cking freaks of Scottish Football.

If they beat us every league match for the next 50 years, it widnae matter a jot.

As long as we and other diddy Clubs can win the odd one off cup tie against them, that'll do me.

Managers cannae be sacked for continuosly losing league matches to the multi millionaires of Celtic Park.

Cannot but admire your stoicism and acceptance of the inevitable. Will make sure I dont pay good money to watch a Saints v Celtic match for the next 50 years then.

Oh, I just noticed that those other giants, StJohnstone, managed two goals in a couple of minutes against the Celts. This is more that we have managed in 4 years under Lennon.

Anyway my post said I was ignoring the scandalous record against them and concentrating on the other poor results in the last four years.