No Decision On Danny For Now

Let's be honest , as fans our opinion on Danny,s ability as a manager has changed on a monthly basis , I suspect the board are no different , and have a very hard decision to make , perhaps by holding the decision back , the board are giving the fans an opportunity to use their voice on whether they want or don,t want Danny as manager next season .

Nah, sorry. They've had years to decide whether Danny Lennon is a competent manager or not. They should know over the course of the season if they are happy with the progress being made on and off the park. They'll also know how Lennon has done in terms of the budget he's operated in, and they'll have had feedback from Brian Caldwell by now on his views, and comments made to him by players about Danny Lennon and what works and what doesn't. If they haven't had all that by now you'd have to question how far up their arses their heads have been this year.

I suspect there would be another reason to delay. It may be a split in the consortium. It may have been down to them calling a meeting with the manager or General Manager and them not being able to attend. It may be that they are waiting on their target to be the new boss getting back to them with a confirmation that he'd be willing to sign. It may be that an agent wasn't contactable prior to the meeting.

On the face of it it all looks very unprofessional, and I'd certainly agree with the posts that said Danny Lennon deserves more respect and consideration than he has been given. But I really do doubt that the postponement of a decision is down to them not having all the evidence they need - certainly not by this stage.

ETA the fact that they board have left it so late doesn't bode well for the club and for it's preparations for next season. Lennon may well have his targets sorted out in his head but you'd imagine negotiations to sign them won't have been started yet and any new manager will have very limited time to sort out who he'd want to keep or let go in the squad never mind what he needs to target to bring into the club.

Edited by Stuart Dickson

OH WHAT A SHAME !!! lol.giflol.giflol.gif

The baying crowd ( some saints Fans ) didnae get their public hanging of our Manager and they're aw upset lol.gif

They wanted him booted out officially so they could give him a fond farewell on saturday. lol.gif

If i was danny i'd tell you all to go and f*ck yir happy cheerios.

GIE THE LEGEND A NEW CONTRACT FFS !!!

OH WHAT A SHAME !!! lol.giflol.giflol.gif

The baying crowd ( some saints Fans ) didnae get their public hanging of our Manager and they're aw upset lol.gif

They wanted him booted out officially so they could give him a fond farewell on saturday. lol.gif

If i was danny i'd tell you all to go and f*ck yir happy cheerios.

GIE THE LEGEND A NEW CONTRACT FFS !!!

I know you are one of many fans who support Lennon and would like him to stay. I have no argument with that, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Mine, of course, is the opposite view to yours and has been for a considerable time. Your wording, though , has me wondering if you are being serious or perhaps sarcastic. The use of the word "legend" is interesting, bearing in mind the correct meaning which is more fictitious than reality. The reality is that Lennons league record (even ignoring the scandalous one against Celtic) is awful in four seasons with consecutive wins as rare as hens teeth. Long overdue for his departure in my opinion. Only my opinion, mind.

On the surface this looks terrible but as none of us were at the Board meeting maybe we should not assume anything. Last night Stewart was reluctant to talk about this and if I remembr correctly he said a Board meeting was scheduled for today anyway. We will all know soon enough.

Official 'Statement' on St.Mirren website- "The Board of St Mirren Football Club met this morning to discuss various routine matters. There is obviously speculation regarding the manager’s contract. No decision was made in relation to this and the Board will re-convene early next week to consider matters further."

For not saying much, It speaks volumes about the BoD and SG's unhelpful 'Im on the radio' interview.

Just read the Scotsman online which read SG will be talking to Danny over the next two days that their is a lot of positives in Danny.

Don't think Danny is out the door just yet in a way I hope he stays. We all learn from our mistakes I think Danny listened and trusted what he was being told regarding signings. For instance I remember last season it was being left for our goalie coach to find a keeper what followed was the guy from Swans as I call them. Then it was the French striker that we had been waiting for as recommended to Danny from semi final and cup final goal hero. So I would like to think Danny has learned a reality check. Find your own players Danny

The only POSSIBLE reason for delaying would be to see where we finish.

A 7th or 8th place is maybe needed for him to stay in the job.

It's a dreadful way to treat Danny after everything he's done for us.

Frankly they should have kept their collective mouths shut until they were ready to make the announcement.

I guess it's hard to resist the spotlight for some board members.

Surprised at some of the comments on here. Our BoD have made some mistakes for sure, but they have got all the big ones right and our bank balance and new stadium illustrate that. Most clubs would love to have our "problems". This decision is about the direction of the club for the next four or five years and one week makes no difference in that perspective. DL's contract runs until the end of this month and if he wanted it sorted out sooner he shouldn't have squandered an entire summer transfer window and signed Djemba Djemba and Adam Campbell in January. That has all been money wasted which we can ill afford. Had our season been slightly more consistent then I suspect that he would already have signed a new contract. Football can be brutal but Danny signed a contract which will be honoured by the club so in that respect he should not complain, especially in public. Are we any further forward than we were when he joined? If we keep him on will he take us forward after 4 years of inertia? Yes, we won the League Cup, but make no mistake, had we not won it he would have been gone last season.

Surprised at some of the comments on here. Our BoD have made some mistakes for sure, but they have got all the big ones right and our bank balance and new stadium illustrate that. Most clubs would love to have our "problems". This decision is about the direction of the club for the next four or five years and one week makes no difference in that perspective. DL's contract runs until the end of this month and if he wanted it sorted out sooner he shouldn't have squandered an entire summer transfer window and signed Djemba Djemba and Adam Campbell in January. That has all been money wasted which we can ill afford. Had our season been slightly more consistent then I suspect that he would already have signed a new contract. Football can be brutal but Danny signed a contract which will be honoured by the club so in that respect he should not complain, especially in public. Are we any further forward than we were when he joined? If we keep him on will he take us forward after 4 years of inertia? Yes, we won the League Cup, but make no mistake, had we not won it he would have been gone last season.

Finally a bit of sense. The boards record speaks for itself.

Excellent post.

No decision? Any decision on a new merchandising supplier? Any decision on spending a few bob to get Van Zanten and Lavety on the stadium boards?

Hellooooo? Hello St Mirren BoD? Anyone there? Anyone there and still giving much of a fcuk?

Absolutely farcical and completely unfair on Danny, the players and fans alike. If they're not going to make a decision until next week then that's bad enough, but don't go on radio telling everyone there'll be a decision tomorrow and then postpone it to next week! Leaves us all in the lurch with no opportunity to say goodbye to a group of players who have served the club well. Players that have no idea whether they're staying or going, could lead to us losing out on them to other clubs who will give them an answer. Not good enough.

Why not? Are you daft?

Some amount of righteous indignation and over-reaction going on in here...

Just go on Saturday and say yer goodbyes, if any/all are here next season, say hello FFS

Edited by Vambo57

Things could be much worse.

We could be a club a few miles east who have squandered Millions trying to get out of the lower divisions and despite having the 2nd largest playing budget have failed to win a major domestic honour - that club is in turmoil and their supporters are revolting.

Hah!!!

Some envy there, surely?

You forget that the Clumpany with the revolting supporters has won the 4th Division AND the 3rd Division.

And I can't remember St Mirren ever winning either of those.... :unsure:

My reading of the situation is that Danny is to be shown the door but the club think it would be bad form to do this before the the last game. I think there should have been a decision taken today but I can understand why they have deferred the decision.

Looks like curtains for Danny and I genuinely feel sorry for him. He has been an outstanding ambassador for the club and an all round good guy. However could he rebuild the squad for next year? I give you Bahookie, Djemba Djema, Harkins, Lewis Guy, Sam Parkin, Dougie Imrie, Danny Grainger, Caprice to name a few of the duds he brought in.

Who really believes that he could assemble a decent squad in time for next season? I certainly don't believe he could do it.

Best of luck Danny and could everyone please leave the board alone, they are doing a fine job sometimes the best decisions are the hardest decisions to make. Remember the 888 decision and the criticism our board took for sticking to the play offs alternative.

My reading of the situation is that Danny is to be shown the door but the club think it would be bad form to do this before the the last game. I think there should have been a decision taken today but I can understand why they have deferred the decision.

Looks like curtains for Danny and I genuinely feel sorry for him. He has been an outstanding ambassador for the club and an all round good guy. However could he rebuild the squad for next year? I give you Bahookie, Djemba Djema, Harkins, Lewis Guy, Sam Parkin, Dougie Imrie, Danny Grainger, Caprice to name a few of the duds he brought in.

Who really believes that he could assemble a decent squad in time for next season? I certainly don't believe he could do it.

Best of luck Danny and could everyone please leave the board alone, they are doing a fine job sometimes the best decisions are the hardest decisions to make. Remember the 888 decision and the criticism our board took for sticking to the play offs alternative.

My reading of the statement is that board are undecided and have postponed this until we see how things go on Saturday. 7th place is still a possibility which could well see Danny getting a new contract.

One of the things that should be considered when talking about poor signings has been the way Danny has brought some of the younger players on. Could anyone deny that McGinn, Kelly, Naismith and Dilo have been very important players for us this season.

Let's be honest , as fans our opinion on Danny,s ability as a manager has changed on a monthly basis , I suspect the board are no different , and have a very hard decision to make , perhaps by holding the decision back , the board are giving the fans an opportunity to use their voice on whether they want or don,t want Danny as manager next season .

I would be surprised if the word fans was used at any point during today's meeting!