Thommogod - Bad News

I think the club were right not to offer McGowan a ccontract he really did nothing last season barr getting arrested moaning and collecting a large wage every week.

The money we saved on his wages helped us offer McClean a better contract.

We still need another 3 player's in. The centre of our defence has been a problem for years so a Cb is essential imo the Slovakian that played for Livingstone last season has had good report's and played ok against Albion Rovers the other night so think he might sign tomorrow?.

Midfield needs strengthening paticularly the right side!.

Think we need another striker in. Marwood is relatively new to the position and Caldwell has never been a first team regular and Reilly needs to go out on loan to save his St.Mirren career! So an experienced striker who is not under contact who can play in several positions!!!

Player's available in that position are Clarkson,Mcfadden,Hasslebaink, id go for Hasslebaink he can play several positions has no club and is exciting.

I think the club were right not to offer McGowan a ccontract he really did nothing last season barr getting arrested moaning and collecting a large wage every week.

We still need another 3 player's in. The centre of our defence has been a problem for years so a Cb is essential imo the Slovakian that played for Livingstone last season has had good report's and played ok against Albion Rovers the other night so think he might sign tomorrow?.

Think we need another striker in. Marwood is relatively new to the position and Caldwell has never been a first team regular and Reilly needs to go out on loan to save his St.Mirren career! So an experienced striker who is not under contact who can play in several positions!!!

Player's available in that position are Clarkson,Mcfadden,Hasslebaink, id go for Hasslebaink he can play several positions has no club and is exciting.

Agreed get hasslebaink in! Get some excitement back into the team and anticipation wjen he gets the ball. As long as his agent isn't trying to rip us off!

Mejvla may well sign, but the other 2 players are Declan Hughs and Thomas Reilly

Hasselbaink has, so far this close season, blanked any attempt by St Johnstone to contact him and also blanked any attempt from Kilmarnock since being released. I imagine Killie would have signed him ahead of Magennis. The SFA have no record of him having an agent, but clubs have claimed that a Dutch lad is claiming to be his agent/representative. He became unhappy with us when not getting a game every week, the same thing then happened at St Johnstone. He just appears to be more trouble than he's worth.

I think people are wanting Reilly to go on loan, not because we have lots of options up front, but the boy needs game time. There's no point in Thomas sitting on the bench again next season letting his contract run down... This is a massive season for him personally, he needs to prove his worth else he will be out the door at the end of the season.

Reilly has to go on loan quite simple. Both Kelly and Naismith did this and returned stronger. Reilly will never play this season as he isn't spl class and I doubt he will ever be. No pace and no strength means he is not going to feature. Nice touches but then you need to have more to succeed in the big league. Sorry if this is cruel but it's true

Reilly has to go on loan quite simple. Both Kelly and Naismith did this and returned stronger. Reilly will never play this season as he isn't spl class and I doubt he will ever be. No pace and no strength means he is not going to feature. Nice touches but then you need to have more to succeed in the big league. Sorry if this is cruel but it's true

I'm picking up subliminally that you don't rate young Mr.Reilly.

Priority for us is an experienced front man who can play up alone. Apart from Thommo , we don't have one. Thommo , having missed all the pre-season games will be playing catch up till October at least and we simply can't contemplate going with Caldwell or Reilly/Marwood as lone striker. As usual we've missed the boat with a couple of front men who've already moved within Scotland this close season , and I get the feeling that our over reliance on ST is going to come back and bite us this time !

Priority for us is an experienced front man who can play up alone. Apart from Thommo , we don't have one. Thommo , having missed all the pre-season games will be playing catch up till October at least and we simply can't contemplate going with Caldwell or Reilly/Marwood as lone striker. As usual we've missed the boat with a couple of front men who've already moved within Scotland this close season , and I get the feeling that our over reliance on ST is going to come back and bite us this time !

Where do you get the October at least? That's about as pessimistic as you could be. If the big man comes back fit and well during August he'll be raring to go and show just what he can do. Could you just try occasionally to look on the brighter side? I know it's awfy hard for you.

Where do you get the October at least? That's about as pessimistic as you could be. If the big man comes back fit and well during August he'll be raring to go and show just what he can do. Could you just try occasionally to look on the brighter side? I know it's awfy hard for you.

Not really bring pessimistic in my opinion.

Missing pre season is a big obstacle to overcome.

So you think a guy in his mid 30s who misses ALL the pre season games is just going to get over what is a pretty serious injury and fit straight back in again within a week or two ? Jeezo !

So you think a guy in his mid 30s who misses ALL the pre season games is just going to get over what is a pretty serious injury and fit straight back in again within a week or two ? Jeezo !

I didn't say anything about a week or two. You're the one who arbitrarily came up with three months. Maybe you've got insider information about Steven's injury or are you just being your normal pessimistic self? Just to save you doing the sums, from now till the end of August is six weeks away. How did you come up with October? And where did I say a week or two? God forbid Steven is out for three months, but if he is can you not get your head round the fact that we can't afford an expensive buy as cover. I'd like to see another striker as back-up and possibly TC has his eye on someone. The cheque book isn't always the answer. It never is if you can't comfortably afford it.

Where are you getting the information about it being a pretty serious injury from ? I prefer to believe what Tommy Craig says:

“Steven has got a groin strain and we are maybe looking at two to three weeks before he can play.

http://www.saintmirren.net/pages/?p=34609

I think if St.Mirren can sign James McFadden on a reasonable wage and he passes his medical why not sign him?.

With Thompson injured we are in need of another striker and McFadden can play that role he can also play Teal's and Wylde's positions.

Marwood has looked good on the 2 occasions I have seen him play! Ross Caldwell has been a bit of a surprise and looks a promising signing.

Reilly needs games and needs to go out on loan for at least 6 months!

So if we go into the season with Marwood Thompson McFadden and Caldwell and sign a decent cb top 6 becons!!!

I think if St.Mirren can sign James McFadden on a reasonable wage and he passes his medical why not sign him?.

With Thompson injured we are in need of another striker and McFadden can play that role he can also play Teal's and Wylde's positions.

Marwood has looked good on the 2 occasions I have seen him play! Ross Caldwell has been a bit of a surprise and looks a promising signing.

Reilly needs games and needs to go out on loan for at least 6 months!

So if we go into the season with Marwood Thompson McFadden and Caldwell and sign a decent cb top 6 becons!!!

For the wages he'd demand I think McFadden should be left ,,,,,, outside the bluddy door. If he were any good and reasonably enough priced he would still be with Murderwell.

I was speaking to Thommo today, he was saying he feels in good shape but isn't allowed to join with the rest of the squad for any of the preseason games until he's had his next scan later this week. He did say that he's done all of the fitness work though, so is ready to go and it's just match sharpness he has to worry about. He did seem a little concerned about that if I'm honest, but he said hopefully he should be good to go for the season opener at Motherwell. :)